Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Want to go for a ride?

plazul

Want to go for a ride?

If you're looking for a low budget vacation this summer you should consider a circle tour of Lake Superior where you can enjoy some of the most spectacular scenery in the U.S. and Canada. No exaggeration. You'll see glacier formed buttes and bluffs covered with tall virgin white pines and you'll never forget the breath taking views from the many cliff side rest areas high above the bluest water in the world. There are miles and miles of uncrowded and often empty sandy beaches and you can visit beautifully preserved historic light houses perched on lake Superior's scenic hillsides. Ocean going vessels can be seen on the circle tour and you can visit busy ports that get ship traffic from around the world. Have a picnic, feed the seagulls, and watch the ships come into harbor. Accomodations throughout the Great Lakes are a bargain compared to seaside resorts and there are hundreds of cozy B&Bs.

Michigan borders three Great Lakes and is home to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park on Lake Michigan. The Dunes are hundreds of feet high and they're a great place to experience the Lake. You'd swear you were at an ocean beach in some exotic location. From the Dunes you can travel up to Michigan's Upper Peninsula, a very woodsy and rustic region and one of the best kept secrets in the Midwest. And not far from there you can drive your car on to a ferry boat and sail across Lake Michigan to the sandy shores of Wisconsin. The scenery softens there and the rolling green hills are a great scenic driving experience. If you're thinking about a honeymoon destination you can't beat the breezy summer nights on Wisconsin's Lake Michigan beaches and you certainly can't beat the prices for fine meals and lodging.

If you haven't considered the Great Lakes as a vacation area just look at photo galleries on the web. I think you'll be impressed.

Warsai

Re: Want to go for a ride?

Here are some pictures:

jwolf7722

looks like a nice place to go see some good views and relax. i might have to look into taking a weekend trip up there sometime. i prefure the ocean but this looks like it would be a very fun trip to take.

All Human Life Is Here... capt_buzzard's Avatar
    Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time
    12:39 AM

Lightbulb Re: Want to go for a ride?

Time stands still. County Roscommon Ireland
    Last edited by capt_buzzard; 08-26-2004 at 11:23 AM. Reason: forgot the country

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time

Be yourself, in County Donegal Ireland

plazul

Quote Originally Posted by capt_buzzard
    Time stands still. County Roscommon Ireland
    I'd love to tour Ireland in a Jag convertible. How many days would it take to thoroughly tour Ireland?

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time

And stop off everywhere?

Local Date
    02-25-2020
    Local Time

Smile Re: Want to go for a ride?

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by plazul
    I'd love to tour Ireland in a Jag convertible. How many days would it take to thoroughly tour Ireland?
    Perhaps about a month for a quick tour. But If you are like my american friend from Ohio who came over two years ago for 10 days. He stayed for three whole months.

+ Reply to Thread