Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Born Gay? - A Homosexual Gene?

Local Date
    10-17-2019
    Local Time
    04:09 AM

Re: Born Gay? - A Homosexual Gene?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    The issue is about homosexual activity, anal penetration whether homosexual or hetrosexual in nature has physical/medical consequences. In either case its a bad idea unless you want those problems. But here we are talking about homosexual issues, and how they are portrayed in the media and 'hidden'. Not about the media protrayin the truth that there are health issues regarding homosexual activity.

On the lesbian question, (and I'd like alink for proof of that please, but I'll answer in the negative, no, it means that God preferes men and women to be in committed, opposite gender, married relationships before having intercourse and then to keep the matter of intercourse in its proper format as the human body was created for.

And I want it noted that I was not the first one to mention God in this thread. My intent was to keep my postings non-religious in nature.
    On HIV transmission, the two primary means of transmission are blood and semen. How is female-female sex going involve much of either?

I don't know of any links offhand that break down the demographics ... although googled this:

"75 percent of the new infections in women are heterosexually transmitted."
    (note the remaining 25% will include transmission from sharing needles, etc ... pushing female-female transmission even lower)

It sounds like you're not really opposed to gay sex, as much as non-reproductive sex (as it's "unnatural"). But what about oral and anal sex within marriage? Seems like there's a double standard regarding the crack down on non-reproductive sex between straight people in a marriage.

The media, I think, has been pretty clear that unprotected sex (esp anal sex), having large numbers of sex partners, and sharing needles are high risk for HIV. That doesn't mean that all gay people do this though. Ironically, many gay people want to form long term relationships within marriage, but many Christians oppose this.

Jester2

Quote Originally Posted by yaaarrrgg View Post
    On HIV transmission, the two primary means of transmission are blood and semen. How is female-female sex going involve much of either?

I don't know of any links offhand that break down the demographics ... although googled this:

"75 percent of the new infections in women are heterosexually transmitted."
    (note the remaining 25% will include transmission from sharing needles, etc ... pushing female-female transmission even lower)

It sounds like you're not really opposed to gay sex, as much as non-reproductive sex (as it's "unnatural"). But what about oral and anal sex within marriage? Seems like there's a double standard regarding the crack down on non-reproductive sex between straight people in a marriage.

The media, I think, has been pretty clear that unprotected sex (esp anal sex), having large numbers of sex partners, and sharing needles are high risk for HIV. That doesn't mean that all gay people do this though. Ironically, many gay people want to form long term relationships within marriage, but many Christians oppose this.
    Yarg, Im not discussing this from a religious point of view. Here on this thread I wont speak to the morality of engaging in homosexual acivities.

The media has not told the whole story and that makes it unclear, it send a false message that homosexual activity is 'normal' without explaining the extra steps one needs to go through to keep oneself safe in order to engage in thie 'natural' and normal' act ( I quote it in sarcasm). The media is gravely misleading.

It does not surprise me in the least that 'NEW' HIV cases are transmitting to heterosexuals who engage in risky behavior. As far as female to female homsexual activity the issue there has been the widespread viruses associated with cervical cancers, again it very risky behavior and oif its portrayed in the light of being 'normal' and it does not fully disclose the statistics its misleading the public.

Think about it. We label places of business with signs that say 'cancer causing agents were used in the assembly of this building' by law, why isnt the media forced to disclose similar statements?

"This station does not condone the activitis mentioned in this film, engageing in same sex, anal, oral or other vector connecting activiites can spread the HIV virus, STD's, you can get hemmirhoids, hepititis A, various other nasty infections from engageing in the activity that we portray as a 'fun'!"

Or how about this "World wide 65 million people have the HIV virus, please engage in the 'GAY' life wisely."

Local Date
    10-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:09 AM

*SMACKS ruler on the desk*

Neither of you are addressing the homosexual gene question.

Local Date
    10-17-2019
    Local Time
    08:09 PM

Nature or nuture, the classic question!

For my 2c worth, I would ask does it really matter? Some people are homosexual, some are hetrosexual, some are bisexual (and others, well...). I think we just have to accept that and get on with life. Trying to look for a cause almost seems to give people a reason to discriminate against them.

Maybe we should look for an idiot or redneck gene!

Oh and in response to the ruler on the desk (a classic teacher move!), there certianly do seem to be people out there that display transgender traits from an early age. But I guess we usually just put it down to growing up. I was a hell of a TomBoy during my childhood (and arguably still now), but that certainly doesn't mean I am gay. Maybe my genes are a bit screwed up too!

Local Date
    10-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Or how about this "World wide 65 million people have the HIV virus, please engage in the 'GAY' life wisely."
    Yes, I think that's good advice ... and it goes for straight people too.

Also, on "the" gay lifestyle ... I don't think there's just one gay lifestyle. Many gay Christians buy into the claim that sexual preference is a choice, only making themselves and people around them miserable in the process.

I have a relative that "came out of the closet" years ago. He's an older gentleman who is a catholic and is married (to a female). Both he and his wife seem frustrated with each other, and probably have only had sex a few times in over 30 years of marriage. That's also a "gay" lifestyle.

Local Date
    10-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    *SMACKS ruler on the desk*

Neither of you are addressing the homosexual gene question.
    Back to the OP, homosexual activity has been observed in other species with about the same frequency as in humans. Wouldn't that point to a biological basis?

However, I think the article in the OP is correct, in as far as not every biological basis is genetic ... for example it could be a function of fetal developmental.

As already noted, it's been shown that younger male siblings are more likely to be gay. It's theorized that younger siblings are built with less testosterone, since it prevents conflict with the older male siblings (increasing the chance of survival of the whole family). That doesn't mean it's a gene, but the function of the mother's reproductive system, and the point in the cycle in which the development occurs.

Local Date
    10-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:09 AM

I believe we are born that way. Nobody can choose who they are attracted to.

anomaly
    Local Date
    10-17-2019
    Local Time
    03:09 AM

Some people may be born that way but some switch or expand horizons.

The only point I can see to even concerning ourselves with the issue is to create public tolerance. Regarding investigative reports, if they can't present a topic with proper, unbiased investigative approaches, they shouldn't cover the topic at all.

Jester2

No 'gay' gene... its a behavior.

It's an abnormal deviation of the sex drive based on learned and social permisson. When the sex drive is fed to an abmormal state it grows and controls the mind exponentially. When the sex drive is under control and is kept in balance with the other drives in development then we have a balanced mature human being.

Jester2

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaaarrrgg View Post
    Yes, I think that's good advice ... and it goes for straight people too.
    Also, on "the" gay lifestyle ... I don't think there's just one gay lifestyle. Many gay Christians buy into the claim that sexual preference is a choice, only making themselves and people around them miserable in the process.

I have a relative that "came out of the closet" years ago. He's an older gentleman who is a catholic and is married (to a female). Both he and his wife seem frustrated with each other, and probably have only had sex a few times in over 30 years of marriage. That's also a "gay" lifestyle.

No problem with the bolded statement, I fully agree.

Please note I put 'gay' in quotes, it is a an oxymoron, and wishful thinking. To engage in homosexual activity isnt gay at all. Its a tragedy in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast