Thread: Born Gay? - A Homosexual Gene?

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    11:33 AM

Re: Born Gay? - A Homosexual Gene?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    No 'gay' gene... its a behavior.

It's an abnormal deviation of the sex drive based on learned and social permisson. When the sex drive is fed to an abmormal state it grows and controls the mind exponentially. When the sex drive is under control and is kept in balance with the other drives in development then we have a balanced mature human being.
    Would you care to give a substantiation of that very definite statement?

As an opinion it's all fine and dandy - as a statement of fact it needs to be backed up.

Jester2

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    Would you care to give a substantiation of that very definite statement?

As an opinion it's all fine and dandy - as a statement of fact it needs to be backed up.
    Sure, nobodies found a 'gay' gene. That ought to be evidence enough for now. If they can identify one invetro and 100% of those born with it grow up to be homosexuals, then I'll amend my statement.

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    06:33 AM

I wonder if 'murderers' and 'sex offenders' are born with some 'sick b'strd' gene .... an investigation into that would be far more beneficial to society !!

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    05:33 AM

I have found a "GAY GENE"

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

Sure, nobodies found a 'gay' gene. That ought to be evidence enough for now. If they can identify one invetro and 100% of those born with it grow up to be homosexuals, then I'll amend my statement.
    So you have only a lack of evidence for one of the alternative explanations to fall back on? But you are demanding absolute cut and dried proof of that alternative before you will admit you might be wrong? Hardly a balanced view.

OK, I'll posit another alternative explanation.

I would suggest that about 75% of homosexuals are nurture leaving 25% as nature (figures very much guesses with no documentary foundation but put forward as a basis of discussion).

The figures might well be further skewed by those people whose genetic disposition is to homosexuality but who's lifestyle is not.

I would further suggest that no single gene controls homosexuality - the percentages are wrong even for a recessive and would suggest a combination of, probably, three genes.

The combination of the above makes the isolation of the genetic basis more difficult but not impossible and several studies have shown significant results. a good general overview of recent research can be found at :-

http://alum.hampshire.edu/~kebF92/genetics.html

Conclusion

A large body of evidence is growing that points to sexual orientation being genetically determined, but not necessarily a completely conclusive one. Replication is severly lacking in many areas of research into sexual orientation, the exception being the famiality studies. Consistently returning the same result of 50% of identical twins being concordant for sexual orientation, these are some of the strongest evidence in support of a genetic theory of sexual orientation. These studies also tend to be the easiest type to carry out, as they do not involve any medical technique any more invasive than the standard questionnaire. All do have the same problem of how their sample was gathered, but with such a similarity of results and such a large total sample, that factor becomes less important.
    I agree, nothing definitive but sufficient to suggest that you are in no position to state categorically :-

Quote Originally Posted by Jester
    No 'gay' gene... its a behavior.

It's an abnormal deviation of the sex drive based on learned and social permisson.

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    06:33 AM

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    I have found a "GAY GENE"

I think I love you...

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    05:33 AM

Quote Originally Posted by elixer View Post

I think I love you...
    Whew, had to check your profile and make sure you were female..

Jester2

So you have only a lack of evidence for one of the alternative explanations to fall back on? But you are demanding absolute cut and dried proof of that alternative before you will admit you might be wrong? Hardly a balanced view.

OK, I'll posit another alternative explanation.

I would suggest that about 75% of homosexuals are nurture leaving 25% as nature (figures very much guesses with no documentary foundation but put forward as a basis of discussion).

The figures might well be further skewed by those people whose genetic disposition is to homosexuality but who's lifestyle is not.

I would further suggest that no single gene controls homosexuality - the percentages are wrong even for a recessive and would suggest a combination of, probably, three genes.

The combination of the above makes the isolation of the genetic basis more difficult but not impossible and several studies have shown significant results. a good general overview of recent research can be found at :-

http://alum.hampshire.edu/~kebF92/genetics.html

I agree, nothing definitive but sufficient to suggest that you are in no position to state categorically :-

Lets use common sense here and bypass this idiotic doublespeak of scientific bababry by those with a bent axe to grind against the neoreligious...

The parts dont fit, and you cant get kids from same sex buggering... period. Its a sheer design problem, the machines do not work together. End of story. If one chooses to use a machine for which it was not designed you get issues, problems and it dont work to its full capacity. You might like to use a screwdriver as a hammer but its not gonna drive nails as well.

When some men are born with functioning vaginas for other men to bugger then I'll amend my statement. When some women are born with a functioning penis to use on other women I'll amend my statement.

And thats just about all there is to the matter.

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time

Lets use common sense here and bypass this idiotic doublespeak of scientific bababry by those with a bent axe to grind against the neoreligious...

The parts dont fit, and you cant get kids from same sex buggering... period. Its a sheer design problem, the machines do not work together. End of story. If one chooses to use a machine for which it was not designed you get issues, problems and it dont work to its full capacity. You might like to use a screwdriver as a hammer but its not gonna drive nails as well.

When some men are born with functioning vaginas for other men to bugger then I'll amend my statement. When some women are born with a functioning penis to use on other women I'll amend my statement.

And thats just about all there is to the matter.
    Sorry - that's using your belief to determine scientific fact. You are perfectly entitled to your belief but it has nothing to do with science.

Jester2

Register to remove this ad.
    Sorry - that's using your belief to determine scientific fact. You are perfectly entitled to your belief but it has nothing to do with science.
    So your saying the parts do fit then eh... Part of science is observation is it not? Can you not see that the parts do not fit or are being forced to fit and used out of design or intended use? If you can't see that then you, sir, are blind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast