Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: gas prices

jwolf7722

gas prices

this should be a good subject. do you really think gas prices are to high? compared to alot of other countries are prices are still low. i think we are just use to the prices and when they shot up alot people start to freak out. future predictions say gas is only going to get more expensive in the long run. i guess i have it lucky i drive about 1/2 a mile to work. but if americans are complaining so much about prices why not get rid of the suv idea and stick to more compact cars. or suvs that get better gas mileage (2005 jeep liberty is coming out with a turbo diesel that gets around 500 miles out of a gallon you can get a base model for about 24000 which is not bad for a new suv) diesel is the future. better gas mileage, cleaner fuel, easier to produce diesel than gasoline. i dont see why there is not twice as many diesels out there as gasoline cars. they are usually more expensive to work on and cost more to make.
    i guess my point is gas prices are not that bad. they are around 2.00 a gallon here in ohio for regular. i just hate when people complain . there was a younger lady at the gas station this mourning complaining about how it takes 45 dollars to fill up here jeep grand cherokee (v8) and then she gets only 300 or so miles out of a tank. well when you have a suv that is a V8 and is all wheel drive guess what you are not going to get good gas mileage.
    im just tired of people complaing.

Warsai

Re: gas prices

Amen. The last people who should complain are the ones driving SUV's. More recently, there's been a drop in the cost of gasoline. My thoughts are as fuel cell technology gets better, the government should set up an initiative to convert to fuel cell as a car power source.

plazul

Adjusted for inflation, we're still paying less for gas than we did in the '50s. We should be thankful. Having said that, how can we send spaceships to Mars and still not be able to get past the internal combustion engine and petroleum based energy?

There's got to be an answer.

jwolf7722

here is some facts on inflation

Adjusted for Inflation the price of gasoline was:
    1920---$2.85
    1950----2.20
    1980----2.90
    2004----????

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    06:52 AM

Crude futures plowed to a new high near $49 a barrel Thursday as the threat of sabotage to Iraqi oil infrastructure loomed larger than promises from Baghdad to boost exports in coming days.

Notice how the price of gas has stabilized? Tells me that there is a lot of margin at the refinery.

plazul

The refinery question is a big factor in gas prices. It's a major undertaking to start a new one and stringent environmental regulations, applications, and permiting processes, while needed, are a real spoiler for new construction.

Most refineries are operating at capacity and we are just a glitch away from a huge price increase.

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    07:52 AM

Started dollar cost averaging into New Era. May soon have the same delema with Energy that I had with REITS if they keep going up. Then again New Era is in more then energy and may be in other stuff it valuations get to out of hand.

I do think the next car will be a hybrid. Has the cost of gas every caused any of us to change our plans? I generally walk when I can and feal guilty about my hour commute to work.

Lotto
    http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-loc...gi?welcome-344
    MagicZ4941A

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    08:52 AM

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf7722
    this should be a good subject. do you really think gas prices are to high? compared to alot of other countries are prices are still low. i think we are just use to the prices and when they shot up alot people start to freak out. future predictions say gas is only going to get more expensive in the long run. i guess i have it lucky i drive about 1/2 a mile to work. but if americans are complaining so much about prices why not get rid of the suv idea and stick to more compact cars. or suvs that get better gas mileage (2005 jeep liberty is coming out with a turbo diesel that gets around 500 miles out of a gallon you can get a base model for about 24000 which is not bad for a new suv) diesel is the future. better gas mileage, cleaner fuel, easier to produce diesel than gasoline. i dont see why there is not twice as many diesels out there as gasoline cars. they are usually more expensive to work on and cost more to make.
    i guess my point is gas prices are not that bad. they are around 2.00 a gallon here in ohio for regular. i just hate when people complain . there was a younger lady at the gas station this mourning complaining about how it takes 45 dollars to fill up here jeep grand cherokee (v8) and then she gets only 300 or so miles out of a tank. well when you have a suv that is a V8 and is all wheel drive guess what you are not going to get good gas mileage.
    im just tired of people complaing.

Oh allow me my 2 cents here folks, gas prices, I live in Alberta the oil and gas producing meca of Canada with exception of Hibernia off the east coast ok, and in the past 5 years I have watch our prices soar over 40% Sorry that is totally unacceptable. We have that stuff running in our veins those of us who have lived here longer than a decade. I find it intolerable the hikes for no reason. Curse the middle east they are the culprit sitting back watching us drive up our prices.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    08:52 AM

I'm expecting $5.00 a gallon before 2010.[/QUOTE]

GASP bite your tongue young man!!!!!!
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    06:52 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Alright is this just me or do others see this also.

They say the price is going up in the futures market because of this threat or that threat but nothing every happens, the threats are never realized so were paying for the possiblity of something happening. Which would be palatable to me if just once something actually happened to justify the threats.
    GOD CREATED MAN AND SAM COLT MADE THEM EQUAL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast