Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Hybrid Cars"

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    07:07 AM

Exclamation "Hybrid Cars"

Several new "Hybrid" Gasoline Engine/Electric Motor vehicles are now on the market that are environmentally friendly. As they release very little "polution" into the air when they are operating. Some of them claim to get "60" mpg in the "City"! It has not been reported that these vehicles cause the owner any undue nusances. I am going to consider one of these type vehicles when any of my 3 current vehicles needs replacing. (At that time I will thoroughly research them all)

SO WOULD YOU BUY ONE OF THESE VEHICLES TO HELP SAFEGUARD OUR ENTIREMENT WHEN YOUR VEHICLE NEEDS TO BE REPLACED?

Cars
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    03:07 AM

Thumbs up Re: "Hybrid Cars"

CARS,

My 1973 Camaro may out live me, runs like a top..

If, and when I purchase a new car(which I will in the next year or two) I think it will be one of these HYBRIDS. By then the price will have come down on them.

My thoughts are this. The price of gas will only go higher. The roads will only get more congested. So why not have a snappy extremely fuel efficent CAR. It will pay for itself.

We here in the states are spoiled, we whine at the price of gas. In Europe gas can be as high as $5.00 a gallon, and everyone drives a tiny car, or a scooter.

We will have to change our way just because of the cost of gas. In the long run, this will also help the environment.

Don't get me wrong, I love muscle cars... We won't have any place to drive them soon. We won't be able to go any place over 55.

I don't want to be working for my car. I would rather have my car work for me.. FUEL SAVINGS is the key.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

StelZ

Re: "Hybrid Cars"

Quote Originally Posted by CARLA
    CARS,
    My thoughts are this. The price of gas will only go higher. The roads will only get more congested. So why not have a snappy extremely fuel efficent CAR. It will pay for itself.

We here in the states are spoiled, we whine at the price of gas. In Europe gas can be as high as $5.00 a gallon, and everyone drives a tiny car, or a scooter.
    $5.00 a gallon? We wish! IN the uk we pay nearly £4 a gallon which equates to nearly $8.00.
    Hybrids are deffinitely going to be the way forward.

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    03:07 AM

Wink Re: "Hybrid Cars"

WHOOPS...

Sorry StelZ I haven't been on the other side of the pond in awhile.. $8.00 a gallon YIKES.. That would have everyone driving those GIANT SUV'S trading them in big time here.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CARLA
    WHOOPS...

Sorry StelZ I haven't been on the other side of the pond in awhile.. $8.00 a gallon YIKES.. That would have everyone driving those GIANT SUV'S trading them in big time here.
    Wow $8.00 a gallon, give me a 125mpg skooter!
    Cars
    Cars
    <Love living Large!>

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time
    10:07 AM

posted by cars
    SO WOULD YOU BUY ONE OF THESE VEHICLES TO HELP SAFEGUARD OUR ENTIREMENT WHEN YOUR VEHICLE NEEDS TO BE REPLACED?
    Go for an HDI diesel they also get 60-70 to the gallon (imperial gallon that is not the diminihed US one) ands are a lot cheaper. Depreciation makes them incredibly expensive to run.

Wow $8.00 a gallon, give me a 125mpg skooter!
    Serious option nor for me just cos of the congestion and the free parking. My head says scooter my heart says get a real bike. On the other hand if I keep using my wife's car that even cheaper.

StelZ

Quote Originally Posted by gmc
    Go for an HDI diesel they also get 60-70 to the gallon (imperial gallon that is not the diminihed US one) ands are a lot cheaper. Depreciation makes them incredibly expensive to run.
    Yeah plus Deisels even more expensive than unleaded round my way. By 5 p a litre or more.

archergirl

Yes, I would definitely look into getting a hybrid. But I agree with CARLA, the price needs to come down. Although with demand and supply that should probably happen. I think that more and more people are going to choose the hybrid option in the near future.

Local Date
    02-29-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by archergirl
    Yes, I would definitely look into getting a hybrid. But I agree with CARLA, the price needs to come down. Although with demand and supply that should probably happen. I think that more and more people are going to choose the hybrid option in the near future.
    Yes I agree with you both, the price must/needs to come down. Eventually when the Hybrid catches on, and hundreds of thousands of existing "gas guzzlers" are finally retired, the substaintial dependance on foreign Oil will diminish.
    Cars
    Cars
    <Love living Large!>

StelZ

Register to remove this ad.
    I thought that I heard that Honda were developing a hydro-powered engine?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast