Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The house you grew up in.

AngelEyes82

The house you grew up in.

Yesterday I found out that the house i was raised in until I was 18 is being sold. We moved out of it when my parents got divorced. Well they did. I moved out when I was 16 but spent nights there from 16 to 18. I asked her if she could send me some pictures of the house when we lived it.. She sent me one of the outside and one of the kitchen. I am still waiting for the living room and my room. I just thought it would be fun to share the pics of our houses we were raised in. Here's some of mine. (in the next post)

AngelEyes82

Re: The house you grew up in.

AngelEyes82

She's quick... LOL

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time
    06:27 PM

Thumbs up Re: The house you grew up in.

This is the house I spent most of my growing years in we moved from Pacific Beach to Allied Gardens when I was in the 5th grade. My mother is still living in the house we will never sell it, it will always stay in the family. That is my 1973 Camaro I love so dearly in front. It is a 3 bedroom 1 bath tract home that was built in the 50's. Looks pretty much the same today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CAMARO 4.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	20291  
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

AngelEyes82

Very nice Carla!
    I like the car too!

it makes me a little upset that it's being sold again. My dad and I were talking and we have SO many great memories in that house.
    As we were talking about it last night our voices were crackling because we were trying not to cry.

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

Thumbs up Re: The house you grew up in.

Thank you AngelEyes I agree the memories are just to great for me and my 2 sisters to ever sell the house to anyone but family members. I visit my mother often and it is just HOME for all of us, our kids, and grandkids.

Very nice Carla!
    I like the car too!

it makes me a little upset that it's being sold again. My dad and I were talking and we have SO many great memories in that house.
    As we were talking about it last night our voices were crackling because we were trying not to cry.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

AngelEyes82

If my mom and dad didn't divorce then they'd still live there. no doubt.
    When I look at the pics she sent I think "thats HOME" It's hard to imagine someone putting their things in my room or the kitchen or anywhere really!

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

The house I lived in until I was 8 was in California and looked similar to Carla's house. (I don't have a scanner) Its last paint job was avocado green with brown trim if I'm not mistaken. The front yard had St. Augustine grass and two tall cypress cedars flanking the garage. Also a yucca tree and random flowers.
    In the backyard were all my mom's beautiful flowers including my great granddad's Peace rosebush and the swing my dad made for me that was cemented into the ground. I loved that swing. I could go high and see over the fence, across the riverbed to the horse stables.
    When we moved, an asian family bought our house. They cut down all the flowers and shrubs and I'm not sure about our avocado trees. I recall being angry that some other kids were using the swing MY dad built for ME.
    MY cool neighbor went over and rescued the Peace rosebush and we were grateful for that. Our sidewalks had our house numbers painted in black on the curbs. Do they still do that anywhere? The sidewalk had my old hopscotch grids on it and little black circles from those firecracker "worms" we got every July 4th. Even though I did most of my growing up in AZ, I still consider our California house my childhood home.

From 8 until now, I have lived in Arizona. Right now I live in my parents' house which is a ranch home with Mexican brick in front, tan with dark brown trim. Big shrubs by the front door (hello burglars!) and before they all died, our front yard had palo verde and mesquite trees. We sit on an acre and a quarter of land. blabla...sorry. Anyway, when it's time to sell, I will be very sad. No one knows the drama and good and bad times that this house has seen. I hope they will love and respect our house as much as we do.

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time
    08:27 PM

I am trying to not be soppy on this one, because of my current situation...but to stay with the title of the thread, my "child-hood" home from the age of 5 to 17 is in a place called Mt. Airy Maryland...2 hours or so away from where I live now (and have lived since approx. 1985, minus 3 years in PA....but for the most part have resided in Fredericksburg Area since the day AFTER graduation in 1985....

I still dream about that house, and I would LOVE to buy it now...but it isn't the same house, its actually a different house all -together, it was a 3 bedroom rambler with 1 and 1/2 bath, probably about 1200 sq. ft. on a full unfinished basement. It had a fenced in back yard (HUGE back and front yard) and a car-port on the side of the house. We always had a huge garden every summer and I always helped dad with it, we also had an apple tree in the back yard which was great for apple pies!! Another thing was the fact that the driveway was a MESS, my teenage friends used to tease about the pot-holes in the driveway that they needed a 4-wheel drive to get me up to my home....

I drive by the house now when I go to visit friends that still live there, went there last summer matter of a fact, and the house is now a tri-level home with a 2 car garage and a paved driveway. NO fence in the back yard, and not sure what else is different, but I look at it with some sadness...that was MY home, and they changed it....

As for my kids child hood home, it is killing me to leave here, and I know that it is enevidible, there are so many good and bad memories here, but the ones that are pouring out on me lately are me taking care of my babies in this house, I get flash backs of changing the two young boys in their room, on their change table and hearing my 7 year old holler for me to help him with something, because he "was tired of standing in line for my attention"---he actually told me that when my two little guys were really little..... Oh, I'm sorry to go on and on...it helps to let it out....

I can certainly relate to you not wanting someone else in your home Angeleyes....I honesly can.

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time
    08:27 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    wow, no wonder I'm such a gypsy.

I lived in 6 houses until hubby and I moved in together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast