Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ForumGarden's prediction regarding this so-called Global Warming crisis

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    10:31 AM

Lightbulb Re: ForumGarden's prediction regarding this so-called Global Warming crisis

Spot it would be nice if Human's were actually part of the "Mother Earths" big picture, but we aren't in my eyes. We like the dinosours are just passing by and will not be allowed to stay forever, just not in the big plan in my opinion. Can we make our stay a bit better maybe, maybe not. I also believer that the other species will come back to "Mother Earth" just not our species.

Carla, either you want this species to survive into the future or you don't, I'm not particularly interested in the planet. I'm hugely interested in keeping humanity in existence and I'm quite keen on not losing a significant percentage of the other existing species too if I can help it. The knowledge that the rats might form a new civilization in another ten million years does not fill me with happiness, I actually want my own offspring to inherit something. Disinterested philosophy can only take me so far.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:31 PM

Re: ForumGarden's prediction regarding this so-called Global Warming crisis

That's not enough for me, I insist that whatever carries the torch of intelligence continues to appreciate Shakespeare. So, I'm pushing for us to break the extinction trap and to perpetuate. That, in my book, involves populating the galaxy sometime soon and bugger the planet. It's been nice hanging out here but I've bigger ambitions.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Thumbs up Re: ForumGarden's prediction regarding this so-called Global Warming crisis

Well Spot on this we agree as it may be the only way to keep our species around. We will also have to become a bit more humble as our arrogance is what will kills us in the long haul.

That's not enough for me, I insist that whatever carries the torch of intelligence continues to appreciate Shakespeare. So, I'm pushing for us to break the extinction trap and to perpetuate. That, in my book, involves populating the galaxy sometime soon and bugger the planet. It's been nice hanging out here but I've bigger ambitions.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

spot: There's a squirrel in my garden that appreciates Shane Williams, going by his behaviour. Will that do?

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

I don't hold conversations with squirrels. Squirrels are not companionable and intelligent, squirrels are lunch.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Talking Re: ForumGarden's prediction regarding this so-called Global Warming crisis

Although we all need a good lunch daily this is one of the reasons we won't be invited back to the "New Mother Earth Party." We can't get along with our own species, let alone any of the other humble ones that inhabit this Planet.

I don't hold conversations with squirrels. Squirrels are not companionable and intelligent, squirrels are lunch.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

The suggestion that the planet is in any way sentient is one with which I have never felt resonance. By all means if you'd like to expand on the way in which sentient can be applied to a planet then have a shot at it.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post

Although we all need a good lunch daily this is one of the reasons we won't be invited back to the "New Mother Earth Party." We can't get along with our own species, let alone any of the other humble ones that inhabit this Planet.
    Sorry Carla - wish I could believe in Gaia theory, but... I think it's down to us.

If we do go belly up, I will take comfort in the fact that we are just one aspect of LIFE on this planet, but it's pretty cold comfort for the prospect of the non-existance of so many of the lovely people I know.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Talking Re: ForumGarden's prediction regarding this so-called Global Warming crisis

OK, OK no "Gaia theory" it is down to us. Don't need to say our goodbye's just yet I think we have way more time to screw things up.

Sorry Carla - wish I could believe in Gaia theory, but... I think it's down to us.

If we do go belly up, I will take comfort in the fact that we are just one aspect of LIFE on this planet, but it's pretty cold comfort for the prospect of the non-existance of so many of the lovely people I know.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Carla: I think we're already in BIIIIIIIIIIIG trouble.

I think some of us will survive, but civilisation as we know it is on its last legs. Not a bad thing we may say, but the billions of walking corpses might disagree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast