Thread: Aliens debunked by physics

Banned
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    07:51 AM

Re: Aliens debunked by physics

Quote Originally Posted by jennyswan View Post
    This is also one of the theories about how the earth and moon were formed.

precisely ... and the earth is now teeming with life ...

so leaving aside the biblical myth of creation ... as the earth is now teeming with life it is also possible that all these planets may also support life ...

and even if one accepts the genesis version ... then if a god created the universe and this planet earth supports life ... it could follow that the other planets also do ...

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    06:51 AM

do you think it's possibly that some of the alien theories may have some truth to them?

It is hard to find a story that seems anyway true though and isn't being told by someone who doesn't appear delusional. I must admit to being a huge huge skepdic.
    Alien theories as in "thinking aliens have visited this Solar System" at any time in, say, the last million years? I'd rate my odds of having Elvis perform a set at my next birthday party higher.

I'd argue that the chances there's "thinking aliens" anywhere in this Galaxy today are remote. It takes a very small percentage of the lifetime of the Galaxy for a space-faring species to fully colonize the Galaxy and I don't like coincidences. The main coincidence as far as aliens go is "why would we be the first" coupled with "if we're not the first, why haven't the others got here yet?". Any species that is both thinking and not space-faring is doomed to a very brief existence on the time-scale I mentioned, a blink of an eye. Of course they can exist but they can't survive.

There are a boggling number of Galaxies but I don't see the sheer numbers affecting the likelihood that another of them's got intelligent life. The odds don't improve by saying "this one has so why not that one". The only place you can put the question is in a Galaxy that has intelligent life to ask it and we're stood there. That means we know at least one Galaxy has intelligent life but it doesn't hint at the odds another does, the question of that probability remains unaffected by our existence.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by jones jones View Post
    if a god created the universe and this planet earth supports life ... it could follow that the other planets also do ...
    You don't want to distinguish between life and space-faring intelligent life? We're space-faring intelligent life, I thought it was more sensible to compare like with like.

You're suggesting that the Universal Lord Of All Creation accepted the sacrifice of his Only Begotten Son on this one single planet as atonement for the sin of all created beings, JJ? That makes this planet unique out of all those billions of millions of teeming planets your talking about. It would be grotesque if the Second Person of the Trinity had to roll up his sleeves and re-sacrifice himself on every planet where intelligent life evolved, don't you think? As jobs for life go that's a bummer, checking your celestial watch every morning and going off to get nailed up again. It's probably why the Vatican clung onto the Flat Earth for as long as it could - if you throw away the All Creation or the Only Begotten you tear Christianity into nothing.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Banned
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    You don't want to distinguish between life and space-faring intelligent life? We're space-faring intelligent life, I thought it was more sensible to compare like with like.

You're suggesting that the Universal Lord Of All Creation accepted the sacrifice of his Only Begotten Son on this one single planet as atonement for the sin of all created beings, JJ? That makes this planet unique out of all those billions of millions of teeming planets your talking about. It would be grotesque if the Second Person of the Trinity had to roll up his sleeves and re-sacrifice himself on every planet where intelligent life evolved, don't you think? As jobs for life go that's a bummer, checking your celestial watch every morning and going off to get nailed up again. It's probably why the Vatican clung onto the Flat Earth for as long as it could - if you throw away the All Creation or the Only Begotten you tear Christianity into nothing.

maybe he had more than one son!!!! you ever consider that possibility???

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post

In my opinion God and science don't mix well together. I think in this enlightened age we could argue for an infinity about the existence or non-existance of God but I find that is why the world is so magnificent. Neither God or science can deny that there are things that go beyond our understanding.
    I myself have decided to take what I find makes the most sense in my eyes and believe in that. I suppose at the end of the day that is what everybody does in their heart or is that too sentimental??
    I think a lot of people are too afraid to question things because they think their house of cards may come crashing down.

What would also interest me is what do you think of the claims made by pilots etc to have seen UFO (not necessarily alien craft) but Unidentified Flying Objects?

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time
    09:51 PM

The ability to create the technology necessary to travel and navigate vast distances is only half the quandary facing another intelligent civilization wishing to visit Earth. The expense of such an endeavor would be (forgive me) astronomical. No civilization can exist without an economy and unless there is a handy wormhole nearby ala Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, I'd say the cost/benefit ratio is, as you might say, pear-shaped.

Banned
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by The Rob View Post
    The ability to create the technology necessary to travel and navigate vast distances is only half the quandary facing another intelligent civilization wishing to visit Earth. The expense of such an endeavor would be (forgive me) astronomical. No civilization can exist without an economy and unless there is a handy wormhole nearby ala Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, I'd say the cost/benefit ratio is, as you might say, pear-shaped.

always supposing then that THEY ... the extra terrestrials ... do not have a craft capable of travelling at a gazillion times the speed of light????

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by The Rob View Post
    I know according to science that they would have to have the same type of physical make up as us but could it be that they would have totally different ways?

Is it not conceivable to think that if there is such a thing as extraterrestrial beings that they would not be like us in any manner?

I think I may have just watched too much science fiction!!

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by jones jones View Post
    maybe he had more than one son!!!! you ever consider that possibility???
    That's heresy. Report to Inquisition Central for reprocessing.

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    What would also interest me is what do you think of the claims made by pilots etc to have seen UFO (not necessarily alien craft) but Unidentified Flying Objects?
    I've read what I took to be a fair and detailed history presented to the British Government in 2000, I think its authors made as good a job as they could of finding and analysing the events. I'd go with their conclusion that the events are some natural phenomena and some misinterpreted human activities. The report has about a thousand events in it and each is described together with the steps taken to understand the processes involved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast