Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are you known for? And who/what does it point to?

Jester2

What are you known for? And who/what does it point to?

It is true that actions speak louder than words, at least it is generally true to me or seems so in most cases, Im sure there are exceptions but I guees I'll go on the assumption it is a universal truth for the purpose of this thread, however if you feel its not true feel free to express yourself.

I placed this in the religion thread but please, anyone feel free to comment:

I am known where I work for acting on what I say, if I say in a meeting I will have 'such and such' done by the next meeting I will have it done and ready to present. The action part is when the next meeting comes and my stuff is ready. I had a committee member tell a new guy leaving a meeting I chaired that "When 'Jester' has his stuff in you better damn well have yers in", now the guy told the new guy that because he had not had his stuff done before and suffered me asking him point blank in the meeting where his stuff was, and how much we needed him to be a team player and have all of his stuff in the next time.

I'm known for being both direct and fair, and believe it or not I am very flexible so lang as there are reasons for needing to be flexible.

I'm known for being a helpful individual, and very mannered, and gentlemanly to anyone I can, I do smile often, and I greet just about everyone I pass and am cordial reguarly, Im businesslike, professional but also I have learned this business world isnt the army and I can loosen up some, and it shows in my daily actions.

I am still a very serious fellow when I need to be.

I am the way I am patrially by my raising, and partially because my raising was founded in basic biblical character. I was raised by a tough father with an incredible work ethic, and a very loving mother for whom I was, until she died, a very very devoted son and in her memory I remain the same. I don't mind saying at all that I was a mommas boy. Im quite pleased in retrospect that I was so close to my mother.

What Im known for points to my love for my parents and for my God, I honor my raising and the biblical back ground because Im grateful to it for all the benifits it has bestowed upon me and the consistant truth it has been in and through my life.

To my point now...

Actions speak louder than words, our outer actions point to our inner motivations, our inner motivations point to the root of why and how we think in our hearts and minds.

What actions are you known for? What motivates your actions? And who or what ideology does your motivation seek to embrace by your actions?

Local Date
    04-06-2020
    Local Time
    04:32 PM

Re: What are you known for? And who/what does it point to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    To my point now...

Actions speak louder than words, our outer actions point to our inner motivations, our inner motivations point to the root of why and how we think in our hearts and minds.

What actions are you known for? What motivates your actions? And who or what ideology does your motivation seek to embrace by your actions?
    I'm not comfortable discussing my assets, although God wants me to recognize them as much as I recognize my character defects (flaws) But I'll make a go of it here............

My heart loves to laugh..........my inner motivations are to laugh and enjoy life and I'm known for seeing the best of a situation and bringing it out to the person who is feeling down and unable to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I live with my glass half full, and spread that feeling to everyone I come upon. Cashiers who appear to be having a miserable day, I make it my business to tell them "this too shall pass" and give them a little laugh or two b4 heading out the door.

I also point out miracles that I see on a daily basis to people. So many people use the word "coincidence" when I give God the glory and praise when something wonderful and amazing has happened. I'm not shy to tell someone who is struggling with what to do about something, or what someone thinks of them "it's between you and God and nobody elses business, just do whats right and in your heart"

So I guess I can say I bring laughter and smiles to people, people I know and people I don't. Being friendly, kind, courteous, funny, apathetic..........that's what I'm hoping I am known for.

Jester2

Quote Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
    I'm not comfortable discussing my assets, although God wants me to recognize them as much as I recognize my character defects (flaws) But I'll make a go of it here............

My heart loves to laugh..........my inner motivations are to laugh and enjoy life and I'm known for seeing the best of a situation and bringing it out to the person who is feeling down and unable to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I live with my glass half full, and spread that feeling to everyone I come upon. Cashiers who appear to be having a miserable day, I make it my business to tell them "this too shall pass" and give them a little laugh or two b4 heading out the door.

I also point out miracles that I see on a daily basis to people. So many people use the word "coincidence" when I give God the glory and praise when something wonderful and amazing has happened. I'm not shy to tell someone who is struggling with what to do about something, or what someone thinks of them "it's between you and God and nobody elses business, just do whats right and in your heart"

So I guess I can say I bring laughter and smiles to people, people I know and people I don't. Being friendly, kind, courteous, funny, apathetic..........that's what I'm hoping I am known for.
    I don't think most of us are comfortable tootign out own horn, however down here in these religious threads it has to be done, and I think you've doen it well, this is a forum remember, we dont actually get the benifit of being the recipeint of one of your realsmiles. But you mademe smile just reading it.

Now, lets take it a step further if you are willing... what is your motivation for doing what you hope to be known for?

And thank you for being honest and having the courage to post, this is a tough subject.

JAB

I am known to be a people pleaser. At work, it gets me kudos for being a team player along with a slap on the wrist for wanting to help others too much.

I'm also know to be irreverant, ready for the quip, the laugh, the joke - anything that will make a person a bit happier then 5 minutes ago. It also gets me labeled as not taking things seriously enough or not facing reality.

I'm known for being a very good listener too. I love to 'be there' for my family and friends but this empathy pulls me into strangers' lives where I'm uncomfortable being at times.

My motivation? Hmmm, it's a combo of things. Parental influence, my own internalized values and sense of right and wrong, my religious beliefs (at least how I interpret them!) and the reactions and feedback I get from people to my actions. I guess as I grow older though, I'm more comfortable in who I've become. I'm not as swayed by public opinion as I was 20 even 10 years ago. I still aim to please but it's more measured against my sense of right and wrong vs. pleasing someone for the sake of affirming their own view on life.

I guess I'm still a work in progress.

Local Date
    04-06-2020
    Local Time
    02:32 PM

I suppose I'm supported in my value system by the notion of the love of God-- for each and every soul that walks on earth. Though I can forget almost everyone even as I feel this drive if I'm feeling blase and apathetic and selfish.

There are many sides of me that often operate as separate individuals. The best and most effective actions I've accomplished in my life actions have been motivated by good thoughts and energy within, usually because of my ties to humanity in fact, not for me as a single person. I've become a more conscientious person over the years. It used to be that others didn't fit into my life equation, but I see things differently now and I think more before taking action, which allows my compassionate side to win out. Consider that! thinking allows my compassion to dictate my action!

I can be most effective at getting things done when I put everything I feel into it, though most days I want to hide myself. Sometimes I feel too many people are starving for their own personal embassador and I'm really an easy target, because I can be so persuasive at times when needed. That's probably due to my innate arrogance that most people are rather dull and diffused in their goals and I'm especially above that.

Jester2

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I am known to be a people pleaser. At work, it gets me kudos for being a team player along with a slap on the wrist for wanting to help others too much.

I'm also know to be irreverant, ready for the quip, the laugh, the joke - anything that will make a person a bit happier then 5 minutes ago. It also gets me labeled as not taking things seriously enough or not facing reality.

I'm known for being a very good listener too. I love to 'be there' for my family and friends but this empathy pulls me into strangers' lives where I'm uncomfortable being at times.

My motivation? Hmmm, it's a combo of things. Parental influence, my own internalized values and sense of right and wrong, my religious beliefs (at least how I interpret them!) and the reactions and feedback I get from people to my actions. I guess as I grow older though, I'm more comfortable in who I've become. I'm not as swayed by public opinion as I was 20 even 10 years ago. I still aim to please but it's more measured against my sense of right and wrong vs. pleasing someone for the sake of affirming their own view on life.

I guess I'm still a work in progress.
    Aye Matey! Me too, a work in progress! Soemtimes I feel like I'm not making much progress though!

I too have left the public opinon domaion to others and dont really care too much what others think, unless they have somethign agaisnt me personally then I guess I do care enough to analyze if Im wrong in the situation.

Jester2

Quote Originally Posted by watermark View Post
    I suppose I'm supported in my value system by the notion of the love of God-- for each and every soul that walks on earth. Though I can forget almost everyone even as I feel this drive if I'm feeling blase and apathetic and selfish.

There are many sides of me that often operate as separate individuals. The best and most effective actions I've accomplished in my life actions have been motivated by good thoughts and energy within, usually because of my ties to humanity in fact, not for me as a single person. I've become a more conscientious person over the years. It used to be that others didn't fit into my life equation, but I see things differently now and I think more before taking action, which allows my compassionate side to win out. Consider that! thinking allows my compassion to dictate my action!

I can be most effective at getting things done when I put everything I feel into it, though most days I want to hide myself. Sometimes I feel too many people are starving for their own personal embassador and I'm really an easy target, because I can be so persuasive at times when needed. That's probably due to my innate arrogance that most people are rather dull and diffused in their goals and I'm especially above that.
    Ahahah I enjoyed that all the way through WM.

I believe compassion is the single ideology that links all humans, when we do something for someone else 9 times out of 10 I think sheer compassion is the thought line that compells us to initiate the act. I have to wonder sometimes in my life is it selfish? Ive thought before that I want someone to help me in X situationm so I'll help anyone that I find in the situation, am I not doing it to help myself then, at least in the hope that it will be returned? I think I am.

JAB

Aye Matey! Me too, a work in progress! Soemtimes I feel like I'm not making much progress though!

I too have left the public opinon domaion to others and dont really care too much what others think, unless they have somethign agaisnt me personally then I guess I do care enough to analyze if Im wrong in the situation.
    Oh I think we all care what others think. We just don't care enough to make the changes others may want us to in order to live up to their expectations.

Jester2

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Oh I think we all care what others think. We just don't care enough to make the changes others may want us to in order to live up to their expectations.
    Or we care at first but then figure out how stupid they are and reject the notion.

JAB

Register to remove this ad.
    Or we care at first but then figure out how stupid they are and reject the notion.
    That too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast