+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiber?

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    04:55 PM

Fiber?

What breakfast foods do you get your fiber from?

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    08:55 PM

Re: Fiber?

Chewing on my pillow as I resist getting up at 5:00 AM
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty.

Quinnscommentary Blog

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

Oatmeal, fresh fruit.

Tamsen's Dogster Page
    http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Jester2

Bananas, Apples, Mango, Watermelon, Pineapple, Honeydew melon, canteluope. Granola in non fat yogurt. Sometimes oatmeal, sometimes grits (cream of wheat for those on the west coast of the USA)

And in my coffee, and yes, no matter what you say my coffee has fiber!

Jester2

I'm on a 'diet plan' but its not a specific diet in that you eat from a lilst or count calories or fat.

But Fiber plays a very important component to the working out of the eating plan. The focus is on foods in their natural state that are natural high fiber low fat low sugar content. These are fiber dense foods and are not calorie dense although thay may contain moderate calories.

For instance, you would eat nonfat yogurt, fruit and maybe top the yogurt with granola for a breakfast start of the day... you eat till your satisfied, which happens fairly quickly becaseu of the fiber content of the food you chose.

For me I end up getting the hunger feeling about two hours later and I grab an apple and eat it, again it has a moderate calorie amount but a high fiber content so I satisfy my hunger, what Im not doing is filling my snack time with low fiber calorie dense foods which do nothing but burn right through me and leave me hungry so I eat more of them and increase my calorie intake exponentially...

I'll typically have two servings of fruit between each meal at my lunch time which is more like 1-2pm I will add a protien to my meal of fruit and veggies. usually a piece of skinned grilled chicken which I make up on the weekends, sometimes I have it with a salad. Again, its low fat (good fat) protein dense, fiber dense and fairly low calorie.

What happens in eating this way is Im eating fresh, non processed foods, that are filling and satisfy hungar. I estimate that by eating when Im hungary Ive cut down on my food consumption by about 70%, I eat less when I satisfy my hungar quickly for long periods of time using the moderate calorie high fiber foods and avoiding the calorie dense low fiber fooda that keep me hungry.

My salt, cholesterol, preservative (those bad fats) intake has dramatically decreased, and I am exchanging fat for muscle.

Now just the diet alone will help, but the key is the excersize that goes with it. Some mild toning exercises (8 of them @15 reps each for the whole body) and a 1 hour (accumulated) walk per day.

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

Hey Jester, your plan looks good. I'm trying to lose a couple of lbs. I would like to get more toned. Oh and I'm from the east coast and I love grits! I'm on the west coast now and I saw real grits in the market. Grits taste better than cream of wheat.

I'm always on the go in the morning so I grab cereal for my dose of fiber. I eat a cereal called LiveActive. Heard of it? It has an awesome amount of fiber. Fiber is a good filler. Keeps you from feeling hungry all the time. Do you know if you're getting both prebiotic and probiotic fiber in your 'diet plan?'

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Bananas, Apples, Mango, Watermelon, Pineapple, Honeydew melon, canteluope. Granola in non fat yogurt. Sometimes oatmeal, sometimes grits (cream of wheat for those on the west coast of the USA)

And in my coffee, and yes, no matter what you say my coffee has fiber!

Uh, grits are corn based. You can get them here, so I don't know
    what you mean by throwing Cream of Wheat in there?
    Tamsen's Dogster Page

Jester2

Quote Originally Posted by valerie View Post
    Uh, grits are corn based. You can get them here, so I don't know
    what you mean by throwing Cream of Wheat in there?
    Well since I been out here no one knows what grits are, and everyone thinks its cream of wheat when I discribe it.

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Well since I been out here no one knows what grits are, and everyone thinks its cream of wheat when I discribe it.

Sheesh!!

Tamsen's Dogster Page

Jester2

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by valerie View Post
    Sheesh!!

I know, the nerve of them huh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast