Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Biodiesel

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    03:56 PM

Biodiesel

Is there anyone processing your own biodiesel that can help me with a problem I am having? I failed to drain off all the glycerol before pumping into my wash tank.
    Can I recover my biodiesel and how do I do it?

Jester2

Re: Biodiesel

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb69 View Post
    Is there anyone processing your own biodiesel that can help me with a problem I am having? I failed to drain off all the glycerol before pumping into my wash tank.
    Can I recover my biodiesel and how do I do it?
    Re-titrate: http://journeytoforever.org/biodiese...html#titration

Then reprocess, make sure you remove all the glycerin this time. Double filter this batch, one time hot one time cold.

Test in a small diesel engine in a cold environment such as the middle of the night before putting in a truck engine, or make sure you use it mixed 50/50 with regular diesel to limit the pissobilty that you still transfered the glycerin.

The worst that can happen is that you clog a fuel filter.

Make sure you titrating right, its very cirtical. The link above will tell you the process, I was using this process but I had to cease oeprations due to EPA restrictions and Tax issues. The greenies want you to make less polution but the government wants to tax and liabilize the heck out of anybody who does it.

Good Luck.

+ Reply to Thread