+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Your favorite recipes...

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    01:29 PM

Re: Your favorite recipes...

That does sound good and it also seems easy to prepare ... that's an important aspect for me! In the realm of cooking, my skills are average at best plus time is often a constraint. I'll be sure to check out the mexican aisle at the grocery store when I go next week!

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    02:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tabby View Post
    That does sound good and it also seems easy to prepare ... that's an important aspect for me! In the realm of cooking, my skills are average at best plus time is often a constraint. I'll be sure to check out the mexican aisle at the grocery store when I go next week!
    I would also suggest picking up a Mexican chocolate...Nestle makes one called "Abuelita" which translates to "grandma"...

This makes a fantastic hot cocoa that we eat with arepas and queso fresco(or blanco)

It's called Ibarra
    Unlike chocolate bars, and because of its undissolved granulated sugar, and its rough and gritty texture, table chocolate is not meant to be eaten like a chocolate bar, although Ibarra tablets can be eaten. However, Ibarra is used primarily to make hot cocoa in traditional Mexican form. The labeling on Ibarra's packaging suggests that the best way to prepare Ibarra is to use approximately two wedges for each cup of milk or water. Heat the milk until it is near boiling, then blend the milk and chocolate in a blender until the chocolate is completely dissolved, and serve hot. Ibarra can also be prepared on the stove by dissolving the wedges in hot milk, then whisking the cocoa with a molinillo or wire whisk. In Mexico, in the traditional Aztec and Mayan form, Cayenne pepper is added to make it a spicy chocolate drink
    Ibarra (chocolate) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wouldn't recommend eating the chocolate raw, it may give you the you know what...

My next step is to learn how to make mole chili made with a chocolate sauce...

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

My grocery list is getting longer! Omg ... rich hot cocoa on a cold winter day ... perfect. Knowing me, I'll probably use the stove top version and leave out the cayenne pepper.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

My grocery list is getting longer! Omg ... rich hot cocoa on a cold winter day ... perfect. Knowing me, I'll probably use the stove top version and leave out the cayenne pepper.
    Burn her! Burn her!!!!!

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

In the realm of cooking, my skills are average at best plus time is often a constraint.
    Snickersssssss ... you were given fair warning!

Local Date
    11-18-2019
    Local Time
    07:29 AM

I love to cook but will not take any longer to prepare a meal than it takes to eat it. It seems so unfair to take hours in preparation and then consume the meal in one half hour. I will however eat and enjoy a lengthy prepared meal done by some one else.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I love to cook but will not take any longer to prepare a meal than it takes to eat it. It seems so unfair to take hours in preparation and then consume the meal in one half hour. I will however eat and enjoy a lengthy prepared meal done by some one else.
    Every cooking show that I watch shows top chefs throughout the world cooking meals that appear incredibly amazing all in under 30 minutes.

Perhaps it's the technique that gives you trouble Lon...

Local Date
    11-18-2019
    Local Time
    07:29 AM

Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    Every cooking show that I watch shows top chefs throughout the world cooking meals that appear incredibly amazing all in under 30 minutes.

Perhaps it's the technique that gives you trouble Lon...
    I have no trouble KC, I am referring to the fact that many recipes call for long periods of preparation. Tomato sauce for example, some like to cook it up over several hours. Not me. All of my sauces are done in 30 minutes or less.

Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    One box of Ibarra Mexican Chocolate has been ordered and should be here sometime next week. It wasn't stocked in my local grocery store but I doubt they have much call for it in this area so it was online or not at all! Anxiously awaiting & expecting great things ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15