Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite recipes...

grecianurn

Re: Your favorite recipes...

Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    Great...I think I might try this as my first British oriented dish(Can I give the Brits credit for this one?)...

Er ... no, it might be a bit east european/Russian. But adapted by me so ... maybe!

What about giving Bubble and Squeak a go? I'm pretty sure it's British.

Leftover mashed potato, leftover cooked green cabbage, salt and pepper, mix together, make a big cake with it and fry until deep brown delicious crustiness develops both sides. Pop a fried egg on top and Bob's your uncle.

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time
    06:33 PM

Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    Submit your favorite recipes here...

I have many-----but last night I prepared Wide Egg Noodles with homemade tomato sauce made with saute'd chopped celery, green bell pepper, onion, salt, pepper & dash of oregano. Two chicken breasts were sliced into half inch squares and saute'd with the veggies and then placed in the sauce and microwaved for 6 minutes. Noodles were boiled till done and served up on a plate and then the sauce/chicken mixture on top of noodles. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to taste.
    A tossed green salad, a baguette of sour dough bread and a bottle of Burgundy and voila------------a Full Belly

fuzzy butt

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time
    01:33 AM

Quote Originally Posted by grecianurn View Post
    Er ... no, it might be a bit east european/Russian. But adapted by me so ... maybe!

What people don't know won't hurt them... ...

Leftover mashed potato, leftover cooked green cabbage, salt and pepper, mix together, make a big cake with it and fry until deep brown delicious crustiness develops both sides. Pop a fried egg on top and Bob's your uncle.
    We have this all of the time only without the cabbage...We just fry left over mashed potatoes with a little added onions chopped and salt and pepper to taste and call them potato cakes...

I'll try it with the cabbage, and the egg...

fuzzy butt

My mum used to feed us that .

or bread omeletts (I've grown out of the taste but the kids love em')

Half a loaf of bread crumbed up in your hands.
    3 eggs
    Milk
    salt and pepper

Make sure it's well mixed to the consistency of lumpy pancake mixture and dollop the mixture into a pan or skillet with butter. Fry until golden brown and then smother with butter and eat them.

Local Date
    09-21-2019
    Local Time
    10:33 PM

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

After scraping out your pumpkin, dump all the nasty stringy stuff onto a cookie sheet and sort out the seeds. Remove as much of the pumpkin guts as possible but if some sticks to the seeds that won't hurt. Dump the pile of seeds into a colander and massage them under cool running water to get more junk off them. Blot the seed pile with paper towels, absorbing as much water as possible.

Pour seeds into a glass baking dish or a pie pan and spread them out so they're in a single layer. Dob on about 4 or 5 teaspoons of butter or margarine. Cook at 300. As the butter melts, stir the seeds and sprinkle salt on them so all are greased up and salted. Bake until a light golden brown which is usually about 20-30 minutes. Make sure you watch them like a hawk because they will burn easily! Move them around now and then with a spatula so they don't stick and burn. When they're done baking, remove them from the baking dish and put them into another dish to cool. Keep in an airtight container or a zippy bag for up to a week.

I have also roasted squash seeds and cantaloupe seeds this same way. They have pretty much the same taste.

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I have many-----but last night I prepared Wide Egg Noodles with homemade tomato sauce made with saute'd chopped celery, green bell pepper, onion, salt, pepper & dash of oregano. Two chicken breasts were sliced into half inch squares and saute'd with the veggies and then placed in the sauce and microwaved for 6 minutes. Noodles were boiled till done and served up on a plate and then the sauce/chicken mixture on top of noodles. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to taste.
    A tossed green salad, a baguette of sour dough bread and a bottle of Burgundy and voila------------a Full Belly
    And then you passed out in front of the tv?

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:33 AM

Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter View Post
    Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

After scraping out your pumpkin, dump all the nasty stringy stuff onto a cookie sheet and sort out the seeds. Remove as much of the pumpkin guts as possible but if some sticks to the seeds that won't hurt. Dump the pile of seeds into a colander and massage them under cool running water to get more junk off them. Blot the seed pile with paper towels, absorbing as much water as possible.

Pour seeds into a glass baking dish or a pie pan and spread them out so they're in a single layer. Dob on about 4 or 5 teaspoons of butter or margarine. Cook at 300. As the butter melts, stir the seeds and sprinkle salt on them so all are greased up and salted. Bake until a light golden brown which is usually about 20-30 minutes. Make sure you watch them like a hawk because they will burn easily! Move them around now and then with a spatula so they don't stick and burn. When they're done baking, remove them from the baking dish and put them into another dish to cool. Keep in an airtight container or a zippy bag for up to a week.

I have also roasted squash seeds and cantaloupe seeds this same way. They have pretty much the same taste.

we have good taste you and I, exactly how I do mine and omg aren't they so tasty, salty and cripsy!
    Life is just to short for drama.

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time

Tis the season for pumpkin seeds.

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:33 AM