Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ever visit CAJUN COUNTRY??

Local Date
    08-25-2019
    Local Time
    07:57 AM

Re: Ever visit CAJUN COUNTRY??

Quote Originally Posted by AussiePam View Post
    I got rather lost once in Baton Rouge. wandered about the bayous etc a bit out of Nawlins, took a ride on a shrimp boat - like the food, learnt a few new dances and think it all sounds very nice indeed, SouthernYankee!!!
    you are not the only one. everytime i go to Baton Rouge, i get LOST.

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time
    01:57 AM

I was with another ForumGardener, Okie - who, very surprisingly, is an Oklahoman! We were actually heading to Biloxi via Shreveport.. got to Baton Rouge, drove round and round and couldn't manage to leave Baton Rouge. Did some great sightseeing as we circled - antebellum houses, the uni campus, wonderful old magnolia trees... and on we spiralled. After a few hours... we stopped at a Mackers and I bunged on my most aussie accent and all the staff left their workspots and came out to show the kangaroo how to hop it the heck outtta Baton Rouge. Quite an adventure.. And, retrospectively, a load of fun.

Local Date
    08-25-2019
    Local Time

I was with another ForumGardener, Okie - who, very surprisingly, is an Oklahoman! We were actually heading to Biloxi via Shreveport.. got to Baton Rouge, drove round and round and couldn't manage to leave Baton Rouge. Did some great sightseeing as we circled - antebellum houses, the uni campus, wonderful old magnolia trees... and on we spiralled. After a few hours... we stopped at a Mackers and I bunged on my most aussie accent and all the staff left their workspots and came out to show the kangaroo how to hop it the heck outtta Baton Rouge. Quite an adventure.. And, retrospectively, a load of fun.
    the first time i was there . a girl friend and i drove around and around the city for 3 hours. it can be confusing.

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time

That's amazing. We thought it was just us!!!!!!!! GUFFAW. Or some kind of wicked southern conspiracy against northern strangers.... lure them into an endless loop and when they are bewildered completely, toss em to the crocs er gators in the swamp. Of course I'm actually far more southern than they are. Whatever south yall's got, I got DEEEEEEEEEEEPER south in Terra Australis, the Great South Land.

Local Date
    08-25-2019
    Local Time

That's amazing. We thought it was just us!!!!!!!! GUFFAW. Or some kind of wicked southern conspiracy against northern strangers.... lure them into an endless loop and when they are bewildered completely, toss em to the crocs er gators in the swamp. Of course I'm actually far more southern than they are. Whatever south yall's got, I got DEEEEEEEEEEEPER south in Terra Australis, the Great South Land.
    i am going back in about 10 days, Dr. appt. will give myself more then enough time. not thrilled about going. alone on top of it.

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time

Pooh on the doctor's apt, but as fer the rest. Why don't I email myself over directly and we can traipse around BR together, in search of mischief!! (Are we likely to find mischief in Baton Rouge?). Otherwise, you could zot over and plough a ski slope or two with me.

Local Date
    08-25-2019
    Local Time

Pooh on the doctor's apt, but as fer the rest. Why don't I email myself over directly and we can traipse around BR together, in search of mischief!! (Are we likely to find mischief in Baton Rouge?). Otherwise, you could zot over and plough a ski slope or two with me.
    sounds like a plan to me my dear. would love to come to your neck of the woods, my brother was in Melborne about a month ago.

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time

Local joke: What's the best thing from Melbourne? Answer: A plane to Sydney!!

Local Date
    08-25-2019
    Local Time

Local joke: What's the best thing from Melbourne? Answer: A plane to Sydney!!
    is it dull there? Or a lot of crime?? he sent me a post card from there. he said he enjoyed the walking tours.

Local Date
    08-26-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    No, Melbourne's a nice city. It was founded a bit differently from Sydney. Melbournians reckon they're descended from good English stock - serious people, with money and class. Sydney's original settlers were mostly Irish and London Cockney convicts - who'd done wicked things like stealing bread to prevent their kids from starving etc. They were evil, creative, bolshie (contrary), loud, brash, fun and had bad attitood. Both cities are big metropolises now, and international, but both have retained in their psyches traces of their beginnings. I'm a Sydney girl through and through and proud of it.

You said you were originally from Illinois, I think. Where abouts?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast