Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: Should Margaret Thatcher get a State Funeral?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over my dead body

5 33.33%
  • Not even if we could have it early

4 26.67%
  • Margaret who?

1 6.67%
  • Deffo, she should have been a Duchess by now

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A State Funeral for Margaret Thatcher?

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    12:51 PM

Re: A State Funeral for Margaret Thatcher?

as long as they can bury her alive

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    01:51 PM

Mags is not very popular is she
    Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Carolly View Post
    Mags is not very popular is she
    You excel at understatement, it's a neat trick. I'm more likely to say the wretched creature's grave will overflow with urine for the next hundred years to such an extent they'll have to install drainage. They'll need at least six foot of concrete over her just to stop enthusiasts putting a stake through her chest every Christmas and even then it'll have to be the sort of concrete you can't drill through. She damaged the lives of too many people to be anything but a detested hate figure. Saddam Hussein was a beginner when it comes to being loathed on the scale she's achieved. My command of understatement needs working on.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

I don't think Margaret Thatcher should have a State Funeral. In my opinion that would be a waste of money.

I don't love or loathe the woman but I don't feel inclined to insult her.
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by theia View Post
    I don't love or loathe the woman but I don't feel inclined to insult her.
    "Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope". She actually said those words and look at what she created afterwards. Discord, error, doubt and despair for eleven endless years. She can go any time she likes but she'll not get buried without one last picket line sticking the finger at her.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    "Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope". She actually said those words and look at what she created afterwards. Discord, error, doubt and despair for eleven endless years. She can go any time she likes but she'll not get buried without one last picket line sticking the finger at her.

You're probably right, Spot...
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

i must say im pleasantly surprised to see the level of feeling towards the old girl is the same as ive felt for many years,i thought i was the only one who had a genuine loathing for the old bat.its tempting to go into multitudes of reasons why ,i will restrict my self to one.she was often credited with cutting out waste in the nhs.she did maybe,,but what was her idea of waste?my dad went into a coma in his late 60s,the doc phoned an ambulance,he then left my dad uncontious in a chair,i called the ambulance centre asking where it was ,the reply was astonishing!the docs puts a 90minute delay on the over60s!i asked if he would repeat that in a court of law no sorry i cant he said,the government have issued the directive.that was in 1985.my dad died.thank you maggie ,i look forward to having somewhere to park my bike

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    10:51 PM

Quote Originally Posted by hoxtonchris View Post
    i must say im pleasantly surprised to see the level of feeling towards the old girl is the same as ive felt for many years,i thought i was the only one who had a genuine loathing for the old bat.its tempting to go into multitudes of reasons why ,i will restrict my self to one.she was often credited with cutting out waste in the nhs.she did maybe,,but what was her idea of waste?my dad went into a coma in his late 60s,the doc phoned an ambulance,he then left my dad uncontious in a chair,i called the ambulance centre asking where it was ,the reply was astonishing!the docs puts a 90minute delay on the over60s!i asked if he would repeat that in a court of law no sorry i cant he said,the government have issued the directive.that was in 1985.my dad died.thank you maggie ,i look forward to having somewhere to park my bike

Sorry to read about your Dad Chris,that is an eyeopener.
    I must check here & see what the attitude is.
    I am sure it isn't like that,I would be bloody cranky if it was.
    That is so wrong
    It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by hoxtonchris View Post

I can imagine feeling very much the same as you, Chris, had I experienced a similar trauma with a loved one.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    So who voted yes? They seem to want to anonymous. Don't mind if you wish to stay that way but you could at least have the courage of your convictions and argue your case. It would make for an entertaining discussion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast