Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Help!! Arthritis!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the middle of the Arizona desert
    Posts
    15,903
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:18 AM

    Question Help!! Arthritis!!

    It's been humid and rainy here and I'm seriously feeling it. For three days I've been mincing and wincing. I have arthritis in both ankles and it acts up in wet weather.

    What can I do for it? I've used every OTC drug made, including cocktails of such, I've taken hydrocodone for almost four years and it fails to work anymore, and I've been through all the OTC patches and creams. I'll be seeing a doctor soon but does anyone have any tricks? Right now I'm wearing Icy Hot. Oh that's attractive.

    Ouch.

  2. #2
    Senior Member pinkchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    My own little world
    Posts
    7,532
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    02:18 PM

    Re: Help!! Arthritis!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter View Post
    It's been humid and rainy here and I'm seriously feeling it. For three days I've been mincing and wincing. I have arthritis in both ankles and it acts up in wet weather.

    What can I do for it? I've used every OTC drug made, including cocktails of such, I've taken hydrocodone for almost four years and it fails to work anymore, and I've been through all the OTC patches and creams. I'll be seeing a doctor soon but does anyone have any tricks? Right now I'm wearing Icy Hot. Oh that's attractive.

    Ouch.
    I feel your pain RG
    I have arthritis in my spine
    You should ask your doctor about Feldene Gel
    It works for me...
    Very nearly perfect ...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the middle of the Arizona desert
    Posts
    15,903
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:18 AM

    Re: Help!! Arthritis!!

    Thanks PinkChick.
    I'm sorry you have to deal with it too.
    I will ask about the Feldene.

  4. #4
    Senior Member pinkchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    My own little world
    Posts
    7,532
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    02:18 PM

    Re: Help!! Arthritis!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter View Post
    Thanks PinkChick.
    I'm sorry you have to deal with it too.
    I will ask about the Feldene.
    If you haven't already tried....you might want to try Biofreeze too.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work for me but it does work for some.
    You can get it directly from the pharmacy

    Very nearly perfect ...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the middle of the Arizona desert
    Posts
    15,903
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:18 AM

    Re: Help!! Arthritis!!

    Biofreeze? Is that one of those cold sprays? I've used Arctic Ice and Stop Pain....also Mineral Ice and it all works pretty well except after a while my feet feel too cold.

    Sometimes I just like the hot stuff, like in winter time. I sometimes use those Salon Pas patches and Thera Heat.

    I'll check out this Biofreeze.

    One thing I really liked was Eucalyptamint but I think they quit making it.

    I tried some of those capsaicin creams and one just about burned my feet clean off. Sheesh.

  6. #6
    Senior Member pinkchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    My own little world
    Posts
    7,532
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    02:18 PM

    Re: Help!! Arthritis!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter View Post
    Biofreeze? Is that one of those cold sprays? I've used Arctic Ice and Stop Pain....also Mineral Ice and it all works pretty well except after a while my feet feel too cold.

    Sometimes I just like the hot stuff, like in winter time. I sometimes use those Salon Pas patches and Thera Heat.

    I'll check out this Biofreeze.

    One thing I really liked was Eucalyptamint but I think they quit making it.

    I tried some of those capsaicin creams and one just about burned my feet clean off. Sheesh.
    Biofreeze is a gel...
    My friend's husband swears by it.
    I promise you sweetie - it wont burn your feet off
    It's nice and cool
    Very nearly perfect ...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the middle of the Arizona desert
    Posts
    15,903
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:18 AM

    Re: Help!! Arthritis!!

    Cool. I'll see if they carry it here and if so I'll get some.

  8. #8
    doobie doobie doooo Sheryl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,547
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    07:18 AM

    Re: Help!! Arthritis!!

    Have you tried just soaking your feet in some hot water? Maybe with some epsom salts?
    "Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"
    my son

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the middle of the Arizona desert
    Posts
    15,903
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:18 AM

    Re: Help!! Arthritis!!

    You know I do soak in hot water which is helpful for a spell but it's been a while since I used Epsom salts....I just happen to have a big container of them too. I'll do that tonight and see if it helps. Thanks Sheryl.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,137
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:18 AM

    Re: Help!! Arthritis!!

    Register to remove this ad.
    Do you know the list of foods that flare up arthtitis ? Like the nightshade vegetables? Boswellian cream.. In the health food stores.. from Africa.

    I feel for you too. My feet flare up, and its awful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tylenol Arthritis Caplet voluntary recall expanded
    By Jazzy in forum Health & Wellness
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 07:38 AM
  2. Rheumatoid Arthritis?
    By jimbo in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 04:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts