+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Help!! Arthritis!!

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time
    01:17 PM

Re: Help!! Arthritis!!

You guys are really great. I appreciate all the help and advice you're giving me.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time
    12:17 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter View Post
    You guys are really great. I appreciate all the help and advice you're giving me.
    Sorry about your pain. I know how it feels as I have arthritis in my right foot.

A couple of winters ago I started using those insoles to try to keep my foot warmer. Those insoles that are made of that nice squishy rubber...they are actually for foot odor. But I use them because they keep my foot warmer.....but also they lessen the impact when I walk. They act like a shock absorber.

Before I was using them I could not do that much walking without being in pain. But now I can do quite a bit of walking. Well my point is that even though the pain is in your ankles, it could help to have some barrier to the impact of walking, which can worsen arthritis. Now I even have sandals for the summer with padded soles. It really helps.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Hi Wildhorses,

I'll get some. Do you have a brand you recommend?

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Hi Red:

I used Dr. Scholl's. I got the double thick ones. If you can't find the double thick type, then maybe you can put two of the skinny ones in each shoe. One skinny type is really too thin to give you much cushion. Hope it makes you feel better.

Wild.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Thanks Wild. I'll pick some up this week. I had had custom orthotics made some years ago but by the time you put them in the shoes, there's no room left for the feet!

In the past, I have tried those think magnetic insoles that also have the rubber nubs on them? I really liked them. I noticed a difference. But I haven't been able to find that same kind anymore.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Thanks Wild. I'll pick some up this week. I had had custom orthotics made some years ago but by the time you put them in the shoes, there's no room left for the feet!

In the past, I have tried those think magnetic insoles that also have the rubber nubs on them? I really liked them. I noticed a difference. But I haven't been able to find that same kind anymore.
    Oh yes. I had one pair of shoes that when I put the insole in, they were kind of tight across the top. But they worked fine in all my other shoes. Good luck. With winter coming up we need all the help we can get!

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Thanks! I meant to say 'thick' magnetic insoles, not "think."
    And another helpful thing I've found is those UGG- type boots. I won't wear real sheepskin/shearling so I buy the generic ones (cheaper too!) and they are really warm and cozy! Lots of wiggle room too.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time
    03:17 PM

here is one thing i have noticed..going in and out of a airconditoned environment too many times in a day..will aggravate the crap out of my joints..if i am outside i stay outside for as long as possible..and when i go inside to the airconditioner i stay in..same way during the winter..i cant tolerate the pressure changes by going from a heated house or building to the cold and back very many times..

just something for you to think about..

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

I've never really thought about that. I'll test it out when it gets colder here.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time
    03:17 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    I've never really thought about that. I'll test it out when it gets colder here.
    I have learned the hard way..if i do it too many times i will start aching later for hours..and hours..

when i used to work the store for the booster club at football games they thought i was a saint because i always took the outside part..and the reason was because i couldnt take going in and out of the aircondioned part of the store..so i always took the part nobody else wanted..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast