Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: Thyroid

  1. #1
    Senior Member southern yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Butte La Rose, La.
    Posts
    3,999
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    09:09 PM

    Thyroid

    Friday I had a Ultra sound on my thyroid. Well I will tell you i am scard. I have 6 lesions on it. Will call this morning to see if i will have a biopsy. Cancer runs BIG TIME in my family. Has anyone had lesions? What were you told?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    8,898
    Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    05:09 AM

    Re: THyroid

    Quote Originally Posted by southern yankee View Post
    Friday I had a Ultra sound on my thyroid. Well I will tell you i am scard. I have 6 lesions on it. Will call this morning to see if i will have a biopsy. Cancer runs BIG TIME in my family. Has anyone had lesions? What were you told?
    I had a lump in my Thyroid a few years ago. The biopsy showed it was benign. It grew fairly rapidly so I had it removed with half of my thyroid. I don't have to take medication as the remaining half has taken over well.
    I was told that malignant cancer of the thyroid is pretty rare.

    My brother and sister have both had very serious cancer and survived so I was pretty scared.....like you.

    I'm sure everything will be OK for you..good luck

  3. #3
    Senior Member southern yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Butte La Rose, La.
    Posts
    3,999
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    09:09 PM

    Re: THyroid

    Quote Originally Posted by Bez View Post
    I had a lump in my Thyroid a few years ago. The biopsy showed it was benign. It grew fairly rapidly so I had it removed with half of my thyroid. I don't have to take medication as the remaining half has taken over well.
    I was told that malignant cancer of the thyroid is pretty rare.

    My brother and sister have both had very serious cancer and survived so I was pretty scared.....like you.

    I'm sure everything will be OK for you..good luck
    Thank you. Cancer is such a overwhelming fear. Lost almost all my loved to this MONSTER.

  4. #4
    Senior Member southern yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Butte La Rose, La.
    Posts
    3,999
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    09:09 PM

    Re: THyroid

    just a update . have seen a Dr. it is not cancer. The DR has put me on hormones. He said it is hit and miss. Trying to find right dose. Plus it is VERY slow working. So it is a wait and see thing.

  5. #5
    Supporting Member Chezzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,997
    Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    06:09 AM

    Re: THyroid

    Quote Originally Posted by southern yankee View Post
    just a update . have seen a Dr. it is not cancer. The DR has put me on hormones. He said it is hit and miss. Trying to find right dose. Plus it is VERY slow working. So it is a wait and see thing.
    Fantastic News S.Y.

    So pleased for you

    Hope your feeling better soon x

  6. #6
    Senior Member southern yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Butte La Rose, La.
    Posts
    3,999
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    09:09 PM

    Re: THyroid

    Quote Originally Posted by Chezzie View Post
    Fantastic News S.Y.

    So pleased for you

    Hope your feeling better soon x
    thank you. i can tell a little difference with my memory. not as forgetful.

  7. #7
    I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    33,616
    Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    12:09 AM

    Re: THyroid

    That is good news to hear!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    9,507
    Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    06:09 PM

    Re: THyroid

    Quote Originally Posted by southern yankee View Post
    Friday I had a Ultra sound on my thyroid. Well I will tell you i am scard. I have 6 lesions on it. Will call this morning to see if i will have a biopsy. Cancer runs BIG TIME in my family. Has anyone had lesions? What were you told?

    Relax---------10 years ago I had my thyroid removed due to multiple toxic nodules that could not be treated any other way. They were non cancerous, but even if they had been, thyroid cancer is generally treatable and non fatal. The operation is no worse than a tonsilectomy. I take a daily pill that replaces the thyroid hormone.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    04-10-2020
    Local Time
    12:09 AM

    Re: THyroid

    Quote Originally Posted by southern yankee View Post
    just a update . have seen a Dr. it is not cancer. The DR has put me on hormones. He said it is hit and miss. Trying to find right dose. Plus it is VERY slow working. So it is a wait and see thing.
    fabulous news!

  10. #10
    Senior Member southern yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Butte La Rose, La.
    Posts
    3,999
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    09:09 PM

    Re: THyroid

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Relax---------10 years ago I had my thyroid removed due to multiple toxic nodules that could not be treated any other way. They were non cancerous, but even if they had been, thyroid cancer is generally treatable and non fatal. The operation is no worse than a tonsilectomy. I take a daily pill that replaces the thyroid hormone.
    Lon. thank you. i can be a pantie waist from time to time. The word cancer just scares the HECK out of me. All the loved ones around me i watched them die a very cruel, slow, painful death. I wish i was braver.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts