+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cat Foods................

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    03:21 AM

Cat Foods................

I had seen a t.v show on the cat food industry, and its much like I expected as so many other products.

When the packaging reads 'well-balanced; or 'top cat food', veterinary brands, they all are the same.

Don't get fooled by spending tons of money on them, you really have to read the ingredients to make sure, most have the same ingredients and %. of everything.

When checking for ash content, check them all, you will find one that is lower than all the rest.

We buy Fancy Feast dry food that is down all day for them, they love that one and Whiskers dry. We also feed them tinned food morning, noon and night.

-just a caution, you can give your cats human tuna that we eat, but just a bit, if you ever give them a full tin, this can kill them, it is far to rich for them.

what do you feed yours and how often?
    Life is just to short for drama.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    01:21 AM

Re: Cat Foods................

I feed my three cats dry food. I always keep a bowl of it out for them. Usually it's Friskies in the purple bag but sometimes I'll change it to Meow Mix or that Purina dry food that has greens in it. I never buy store brand food or really cheap food because for a few dollars more, I can get my cat a decent healthy food. Same with dogs. The cheaper the food, the more filler it contains. The more filler, the more your pet must consume to get the needed nutrients from it. Filler goes right through the animal. Filler can be corn, wheat, or "processed animal by products" which can mean nasty things such as chicken beaks and feet, even rendered farm animals.
    I no longer feed wet food, haven't in years and years because it's bad for their teeth.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    08:21 AM

I feed mine Hill's Science Plan. It's nearly £30 a bag, but at least I know it's good stuff.

I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

The Imes for cat, a small can of fancy feast once a day. Bunnies get hay, good bunny mix, and field greens salad mix. I feed my critters what is good for them.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter View Post
    I feed my three cats dry food. I always keep a bowl of it out for them. Usually it's Friskies in the purple bag but sometimes I'll change it to Meow Mix or that Purina dry food that has greens in it. I never buy store brand food or really cheap food because for a few dollars more, I can get my cat a decent healthy food. Same with dogs. The cheaper the food, the more filler it contains. The more filler, the more your pet must consume to get the needed nutrients from it. Filler goes right through the animal. Filler can be corn, wheat, or "processed animal by products" which can mean nasty things such as chicken beaks and feet, even rendered farm animals.
    I no longer feed wet food, haven't in years and years because it's bad for their teeth.
    I should have worded it better as you have, no cheap foods, thanks!

I have heard of those fillers!

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

i always heard dry cat food is healthier for your cats..the canned cat food is bad on their kidneys..esp the long haired cats.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    01:21 AM

I had to change one of my guys' food because he had too much uric acid. I can't remember what caused it but that was even in a decent quality food. I used to cook for my cats and dogs, human food, but geared toward their needs, but I stopped because I was afraid they would not get everything they needed. Especially the cats, they needed taurine and you only get that from organ meats which I refused to cook. So in the end I went back on commercial food.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    12:21 AM

Found a great site for cat's nutrional requirements: http://cats.about.com/od/catfoodandn..._Nutrition.htm

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    09:21 AM

Dry food mainly, with plenty of water, the ocasional tin of "Gourmet" cat food and a cat treat every now and then.
    Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
    Found a great site for cat's nutrional requirements: http://cats.about.com/od/catfoodandn..._Nutrition.htm
    thanks, this is quite interesting!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast