Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: An outsider's view of the Presidential Election

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    10:34 AM

Re: An outsider's view of the Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    If we both agree you're presumptuous, why on earth would I continue the conversation? buh bye.
    Because I've summarised what we might both agree are the essential aspects of the election? It gives you a convenient space to criticize the Republican stance or the Democrat stance or both in the areas I've conveniently headlined? Or, who knows, you might even agree with one or two of my sentences. Why should presumption on my part muzzle you?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

Another point to ponder is the Republican choice of "running mates".

McCain is old, ill and frail, yet he has also outlived his father. Palin doesn't appear to have any experience of diplomacy - but then, there is only one way to get experience.

What I find very scary about Palin is the fact McCain is unlikely to see out his full term (if he is elected). That would leave the world at the mercy of a religious nutter with a mission from God.

In the UK we have already experienced something of the sort, although Thatcher was well past the menopause and is not known to be overly religious she was notably a vindictive bitch.

I guess that's me back on the watch list (again).
    Last edited by Chookie; 09-20-2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: I guess...........
    An ye harm none, do what ye will....

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

I note the Republicans have had some sort of TV advertising slot on Fox this week, though without their big guns (the Bolton/Palin For 2012 they'll settle for).

Everything I wrote in the first two posts of the thread is, sadly, still applicable, word for word.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Chookie View Post
    Another point to ponder is the Republican choice of "running mates".

McCain is old, ill and frail, yet he has also outlived his father. Palin doesn't appear to have any experience of diplomacy - but then, there is only one way to get experience.

What I find very scary about Palin is the fact McCain is unlikely to see out his full term (if he is elected). That would leave the world at the mercy of a religious nutter with a mission from God.

In the UK we have already experienced something of the sort, although Thatcher was well past the menopause and is not known to be overly religious she was notably a vindictive bitch.

I guess that's me back on the watch list (again).
    Surely you mean Tony Blair not Margaret Thatcher? I can't see her listening to god or anyone else for that matter. As it happens I think his religious academies will turn out to be the most destructive part of his legacy.

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I note the Republicans have had some sort of TV advertising slot on Fox this week, though without their big guns (the Bolton/Palin For 2012 they'll settle for).
    After much prayer and serious consideration, I have decided that Sarah Palin will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States. The world comes first and obviously I put great consideration into whether it could cope before making this decision.

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    05:34 AM

After much prayer and serious consideration, I have decided that Sarah Palin will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States. The world comes first and obviously I put great consideration into whether it could cope before making this decision.
    Bolton/Palin would have never been elected within 20 points of the electorate. Perhaps you'll be praying for Obama's failure to be reelected?

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

Perhaps you're less in touch with the True Spirit of America than other commentators, Kevin.

Besides which, if I'm advocating a Bolton/Palin/2012 candidacy and it would fail by at least 20 points, wouldn't that make me an Obama enthusiast?

I have no interest in who wins so long as the resulting administrational logjam between Senate, Representatives and White House triggers a financial default of monumental proportions, pushing US government spending into a tailspin of such immensity that no future steps can bring it back to free flight. What else is capable of ending US interference in foreign affairs?

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

Besides which, if I'm advocating a Bolton/Palin/2012 candidacy and it would fail by at least 20 points, wouldn't that make me an Obama enthusiast?
    If and only if you were aware of such an inevitable failure, coincidentally highlighting how a two party system will always be a one party system. The difference lying in a nation separated by two majorities claiming to be the only true citizens, ending with "Perhaps you're less in touch with the True Spirit of America than other commentators, Kevin." being an immense compliment in the event Bolton and Palin should win, and I thank you for it.

I have no interest in who wins so long as the resulting administrational logjam between Senate, Representatives and White House triggers a financial default of monumental proportions, pushing US government spending into a tailspin of such immensity that no future steps can bring it back to free flight. What else is capable of ending US interference in foreign affairs?
    What's left is to vote for Obama! Then we might be an electron width closer to a more civilized country compared, obviously, to a complete annihilation caused by a positron only to start all over again.

If you agree wouldn't that make you an Obama enthusiast, at least at the moment?

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder
    What's left is to vote for Obama! Then we might be an electron width closer to a more civilized country
    You would have a more civilized President. The minimum steps required to achieve a more civilized country - a fish of a very different aspect - would be the complete abolition of TV broadcasting and outlawing non-governmental use of the Stars and Stripes.

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    You would have a more civilized President. The minimum steps required to achieve a more civilized country - a fish of a very different aspect - would be the complete abolition of TV broadcasting and outlawing non-governmental use of the Stars and Stripes.
    Ridding America of country music and alcohol would be far more effective.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast