Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: I hardly call THIS a crime:

Local Date
    04-01-2020
    Local Time
    11:12 PM

Re: I hardly call THIS a crime:

Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    No, in a rational world people wouldn't mind that children were playing sports in their own yards to have an occasional ball fly in their yard.

And upon no damage being omitted upon the woman's yard I would personally fine her. If damage has been done to the woman's property
    A rational world?
    You seem to have no respect for a person's personal space unless of course damage has been done. That's not right. Or rational.

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    02:12 AM

Quote Originally Posted by RedGlitter View Post
    A rational world?
    You seem to have no respect for a person's personal space unless of course damage has been done. That's not right. Or rational.
    I do not understand why people hate children, no. If no damage is being done to a persons yard and that person keeps a child's ball as the result of them playing then no I do not respect them as a person.

What isn't logical nor moral is being a prude to the point children are discouraged from playing sports altogether. Again, upon that person's yard not being damaged.

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

People live in constructions furnished with walls so I cannot imagine the noise is unbearable.

Banned
    Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    06:12 AM

I do not understand why people hate children, no. If no damage is being done to a persons yard and that person keeps a child's ball as the result of them playing then no I do not respect them as a person.

What isn't logical nor moral is being a prude to the point children are discouraged from playing sports altogether. Again, upon that person's yard not being

damaged.
    I'm sorry but i have to dis-agree with you KS.
    What can seem a very nonsensical matter to some-one in their twentie's or fourtie's, can be al living hell for some-one off her age.
    I remeber when we were little kids, our ball kept going into an old ladie's garden. We certainly didn't do it on prurpose, but she was very old and miserable as i remember her.
    Our parents simply said, you don't play at that end of the street.
    When i hear cases like this, i see two things. One, the parents don't give a shyte if their offspring is being a downright bloody nuisence to another human being, and two, kids who think the world owes them a living and can go where they like and do what they like at any cost and misery to any-one else.
    If it was an isolated incident, you could say the old lady is being unreasonable. It's repetative and sooner or later, that will make an old lady ill.
    I have a friend with two young childre living in a built up area with no grass. Once a day, their dad or her walks them to the nearest park for a kick around. The parents are too bone idle to find an alternative,

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    I'm sorry but i have to dis-agree with you KS.
    What can seem a very nonsensical matter to some-one in their twentie's or fourtie's, can be al living hell for some-one off her age.
    I remeber when we were little kids, our ball kept going into an old ladie's garden. We certainly didn't do it on prurpose, but she was very old and miserable as i remember her.
    Our parents simply said, you don't play at that end of the street.
    When i hear cases like this, i see two things. One, the parents don't give a shyte if their offspring is being a downright bloody nuisence to another human being, and two, kids who think the world owes them a living and can go where they like and do what they like at any cost and misery to any-one else.
    If it was an isolated incident, you could say the old lady is being unreasonable. It's repetative and sooner or later, that will make an old lady ill.
    I have a friend with two young childre living in a built up area with no grass. Once a day, their dad or her walks them to the nearest park for a kick around. The parents are too bone idle to find an alternative,
    Well to be honest I would agree with you if the children are causing a nuisance...

This is the way I see it.

Kid kicks ball ---> Ball goes in to neighbors yard ------> Neighbor lets kid go into yard to get the ball -------> People smile -------> Kids play ball again --------> People smile --------> People smile ... ...

I'm not trying to be an a** I swear I'm not...

The fact of the matter is is that there hadn't been any reports of damage and upon each specific incident I'd like to know the nature of the situation. What we cannot agree on, it seems, is the definition of "nuisance" in this particular context.

I see a ball rolling into a yard occasionally or even frequently doing no harm to any of the neighbor's yard as not being a nuisance. Why would it be? Why not let the kids go into the yard and get the ball?...

I would personally be irritated if kids were to disrespect the preferences of a person in continuously damaging their yard but the fact remains it's not right to assume such was the case. Especially when they're not at any time throughout this entire thread damage has been reported. "Gardens" keep coming up and none had been reported. Not one.

What's left is justifying a person from keeping a child's ball simply because it rolled on to their "property"...I completely and wholeheartedly disagree and find it to not only be rude but immoral.

If people hate me for saying that then fine...

Banned
    Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    06:12 AM

Well to be honest I would agree with you if the children are causing a nuisance...

This is the way I see it.

Kid kicks ball ---> Ball goes in to neighbors yard ------> Neighbor lets kid go into yard to get the ball -------> People smile -------> Kids play ball again --------> People smile --------> People smile ... ...

I'm not trying to be an a** I swear I'm not...

The fact of the matter is is that there hadn't been any reports of damage and upon each specific incident I'd like to know the nature of the situation. What we cannot agree on, it seems, is the definition of "nuisance" in this particular context.

I see a ball rolling into a yard occasionally or even frequently doing no harm to any of the neighbor's yard as not being a nuisance. Why would it be? Why not let the kids go into the yard and get the ball?...

I would personally be irritated if kids were to disrespect the preferences of a person in continuously damaging their yard but the fact remains it's not right to assume such was the case. Especially when they're not at any time throughout this entire thread damage has been reported. "Gardens" keep coming up and none had been reported. Not one.

What's left is justifying a person from keeping a child's ball simply because it rolled on to their "property"...I completely and wholeheartedly disagree and find it to not only be rude but immoral.

If people hate me for saying that then fine...
    I just feel sorry for her. I feel if the kids know that the ball is likely to roll into her yard and for whatever reason, that upsets her, then they should jusy be tolerant to a very old lady and move a few yards down the street.
    We live bang next to a large primary school and nursery and have done for 11 yrs. We also have public fields right outside our louge window and you'd not believe the noise we suffer, but we do say , hey, it's kids, kid's will be kids. It's if they are doing it deliberately to make my dogs kick off that pisses me off.

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    07:12 AM

I see an old lady resting in her home perhaps watching daytime TV or reading a book and a shadow passing her window, causing her distress or alarm.
    She investigates to see children retrieving their ball.
    She smiles and waves to them its OK.
    Next time while drifting into daytime slumber, a clatter against her frontdoor/window/wall awakes her startling her.
    After this happens many times over a period she begins to get angry, but only speaks to the boys to 'please take care'
    Same thing happens the following day, and the day after that, and the day after that.
    The old lady doesn't know where to conact the parents, and the kids always run away if she approaches them to talk......to them its part of a game.
    Only after a prolonged period of her rest and peace of mind being disturbed, does she manage to get her hands on the ball and to make her point she retains it.

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    I just feel sorry for her. I feel if the kids know that the ball is likely to roll into her yard and for whatever reason, that upsets her, then they should jusy be tolerant to a very old lady and move a few yards down the street.
    We live bang next to a large primary school and nursery and have done for 11 yrs. We also have public fields right outside our louge window and you'd not believe the noise we suffer, but we do say , hey, it's kids, kid's will be kids. It's if they are doing it deliberately to make my dogs kick off that pisses me off.
    Would me as well...

I would feel sorry for her as well if the kids were hitting her house and damaging her property.

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    I see an old lady resting in her home perhaps watching daytime TV or reading a book and a shadow passing her window, causing her distress or alarm.
    She investigates to see children retrieving their ball.
    She smiles and waves to them its OK.
    Next time while drifting into daytime slumber, a clatter against her frontdoor/window/wall awakes her startling her.
    After this happens many times over a period she begins to get angry, but only speaks to the boys to 'please take care'
    Same thing happens the following day, and the day after that, and the day after that.
    The old lady doesn't know where to conact the parents, and the kids always run away if she approaches them to talk......to them its part of a game.
    Only after a prolonged period of her rest and peace of mind being disturbed, does she manage to get her hands on the ball and to make her point she retains it.
    I see a report that states no damage whatsoever and upon my seeing such a report have divulged my opinion.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

so far the closest resemblance to damage having been assimilated is "Police Capt. James Schaffer says there has been an ongoing dispute in the neighborhood over kids' balls landing in the woman's yard."

"kids' balls landing in the woman's yard." is not my idea of "a clatter against her frontdoor/window/wall awakes her startling her." and have based my opinion around the fact. That's all I've done in this thread...

Local Date
    04-02-2020
    Local Time
    07:12 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    No 'damage' needs to be done to disturb an elderly ladies peace of mind.

Why does damage need to be done.
    Noise and disturbance is a 'sort' of damage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast