Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fireworks

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    09:33 AM

Re: Fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by kazalala View Post
    my you are fired up oscar we hardly see any guys round here anymore we do get caro singers,, and ye trick or treaters on halloween, but they are usually just kids and not thugs Mind i never give them money, always have a bowl of sweeties they can pick from,,,also i delight in waiting for them to finish the whole song, and if they trail off as soon as you open the door i say carry on,, you have to sing the song first,,, normally to theri horror i join in
    LOL... I do that too kaz... I refuse to give money and if they sing at my door, then I want the whole song!

I can't stand fireworks and do strongly feel that they should be banned from public sale....

the only fireworks I'd like to see used are by those hosting an organised firework display under strict saftey conditions.....

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    01:33 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the occasion?
    we in England call it Bonfire night

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    08:33 AM

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    That's a good one.... I'll join in with them this Crimbo.

We went to a supermarket once and there was the usual kids with a stuffed sack calling 'penny for the guy'/
    Mr Oscar said, 'o.k. then' Gave them a penny and walked off with the guy
    good one, bet their faces were a picture

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post
    LOL... I do that too kaz... I refuse to give money and if they sing at my door, then I want the whole song!

I can't stand fireworks and do strongly feel that they should be banned from public sale....

the only fireworks I'd like to see used are by those hosting an organised firework display under strict saftey conditions.....
    I just cant understand the government still allowing public sale when you hear of so many horror stories of people and animals getting hurt by them

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Banned
    Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    08:33 AM

Spot did link some firework laws on another thread for me.

I know it's illegal to sell to kids which my local asian shop hasn't grasped in the last 10 years and it's illegal to set them off after 11 pm which in my area, no-one takes any notice of.

We are very fortunate to have floor to ceiling windows and live a short distance from the local football ground. Once a year we get to sit at our windows with a nice cup of British tea and get a free firework display.

Something we regually ask ourselves, is where do people get the money for them??
    We put on a display some years ago in the field outside our house for kids of single parents. We had a great time and i cooked them hot dogs and burgers but the cost of the fireworks were horrendous. If i remember right, i think we spent nearly £200 and they lasted about an hour.
    there are some super one's in the shops costing £30 a time. It's these i object to. I don't mind the average one that goes 'phut' when it's lit but these industrial strength can actually damage property and menace people's pets and wildlife.
    Yes, i know domestic cats kill more birds than fireworks Spot, but as i said before, you don't see a cat bothering flocks of geese, herds of cattle and packs of foxes.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    01:33 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    those repeating bangers do my nut in

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2