Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Death

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time
    05:51 AM

Re: Death

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Get back to walking my friend, if that is what your heart needs.
    If I could I would. My work interferes and I don't have the time to go walking. I go walking once a week, but it is not enough.

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

Quote Originally Posted by OpenMind View Post
    If I could I would. My work interferes and I don't have the time to go walking. I go walking once a week, but it is not enough.
    Re-arrange your time and go for maybe shorter walks, but walk, it's important. No excuses now.

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time
    12:51 AM

I don't fear what will happen to me when I die. I figure that one of two things are likely, either there will be nothing, or there will be something better.

If there IS a bad place for evil people and I end up there, then that means that I got the difference between good and evil completely wrong and deserve to be there

Unless of course pissing a few people off counts.

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Re-arrange your time and go for maybe shorter walks, but walk, it's important. No excuses now.
    Ok, Lon. I will do that.

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

I fear the death of my loved ones more than I fear my own death. I would hope my death would be I'd go to sleep one night and just not wake up. Life may or may not have a different plan for me. I've seen both of my kids graduate. That makes me happy. I really hope to be around long enough to see my future grandchildren and them be old enough to remember me when I'm gone.

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time
    04:51 AM

I never used to fear death, why worry about something you have no control over? but after watching someone die,, it made me think about it more,, what is it actually like? I mean when you are dying ,,not when its an instant thing like being killed instantly in an accident I just hope i am lucky enough to live until i am an old woman, theres lts more i want to see , experience before i go. i think you prbably thin about it more as you get older, but for me when i think to myself,, my god one day i just wont be here anymore,, it stops me stressing about the little things and helos me enjoy the little things

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

Lon I am not afraid to die,I just worry how upset that my family will be we be when I do. I guess ew have alll been through this and had to deal with it as I have with loss of parents etc. I am not a religious person so I think death is leaving this world with no memories like we had none before birth. I just hope that my demise will not be from one long painful illness,quick and over with will suit me fine.

Local Date
    02-23-2020
    Local Time
    09:51 PM

I don't dear death but I fear the pathway leading to it. I hope my body does not die before my mind. I can't imagine what it must have been like for my ex father in law to have taken 4 months to die... or my grandparents who took, 8 and 10 months to die. Medical profesionals said they did not feel pain but I am not convinced.

I hope for my sake and the ones I leave behind that I go instantly.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    02-24-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by minks View Post
    I don't dear death but I fear the pathway leading to it. I hope my body does not die before my mind. I can't imagine what it must have been like for my ex father in law to have taken 4 months to die... or my grandparents who took, 8 and 10 months to die. Medical profesionals said they did not feel pain but I am not convinced.

I hope for my sake and the ones I leave behind that I go instantly.
    My mum was on life support before she died. I often wonder when she truely died - when she went.
    I always remember a member of the nursing staff telling me that the last thing to go is a persons hearing. Firstly how do they know that? Secondly I hope they were wrong, cos her last memories would have been hearing me beg her to stay, and that she was not allowed to leave us. Selfish big time!

Local Date
    02-23-2020
    Local Time
    09:51 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheasy View Post
    My mum was on life support before she died. I often wonder when she truely died - when she went.
    I always remember a member of the nursing staff telling me that the last thing to go is a persons hearing. Firstly how do they know that? Secondly I hope they were wrong, cos her last memories would have been hearing me beg her to stay, and that she was not allowed to leave us. Selfish big time!
    Exactly Pheasy, my FIL was on life support for his 4 months and some of the family wanted to take him off, some of the family said no and the decision maker was completely torn. My poor FIL I know he knew when his grand daughters came in but he could not physically acknowledge them. All 3 of them were so special to him and he knew it but exactly what he felt during those 4 months who knows... I am certain if he could have he would have pushed to be congnitive enough to tell them how much he loved them.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast