+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Astrology

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    07:17 PM

Astrology

Yesterday I had an astrological birth chart done....complete with 15 pages explaining it. The idea behind the birth chart is that it sets out certain aspects of your life which your personality and the influences of the planetary alignments at the time/place of birth will draw you towards, and the lessons which you may learn from these.

Its interesting reading and theres much that I recognise. There are some aspects which reccur often, and others which contunually contradict each other, and yet I can see these contradictions within myself and throughout my life.

But Im unsure what to take from it. It may be that I should just enjoy the read and accept that Im too complicated to understand and hand it to my next partner saying 'thats me, so dont even try to understand'

Does anyone here understand astrology, or have you had a birth chart done, and what did you make of it?

ps. Im a newbie, so if Im posting this in the wrong forum, please just let me know

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    02:17 PM

Re: Astrology

Quote Originally Posted by xxoakxx View Post
    Yesterday I had an astrological birth chart done....complete with 15 pages explaining it. The idea behind the birth chart is that it sets out certain aspects of your life which your personality and the influences of the planetary alignments at the time/place of birth will draw you towards, and the lessons which you may learn from these.

Its interesting reading and theres much that I recognise. There are some aspects which reccur often, and others which contunually contradict each other, and yet I can see these contradictions within myself and throughout my life.

But Im unsure what to take from it. It may be that I should just enjoy the read and accept that Im too complicated to understand and hand it to my next partner saying 'thats me, so dont even try to understand'

Does anyone here understand astrology, or have you had a birth chart done, and what did you make of it?

ps. Im a newbie, so if Im posting this in the wrong forum, please just let me know

Hi newbie and welcome!

I don't pay attention to astrology as to many people have the same meanings.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    08:17 PM

I had one done years ago, tongue in cheek and a bit of fun I decided to make of mine as I had to give a lot of info upfront, time born, day ect..

Id not map my life out off one

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

oppps my manners

Hi and welcome to the garden

Have fun

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

thankyou for the welcomes xx

Im not too gullible lol, but I dont like to dismiss things out of hand before Ive tried them and given them some consideration. Astrology in terms of 'you are so and so starsign along with another 1/12th of the population and like this', has little but a bit of fun to it.
    A proper chart is drawn up using the date, place and time of birth....without that, then you simply wouldnt know where the person and the planets were in relation to one another, which seems logical and a little more scientific.
    Its hard for me to compare what you were given as your chart, as I can imagine ignoring the one I have, but its a little detailed and complex for fun, if that makes sense? I really wouldnt be able to plan my life from it either, as it offers more of a line my life could have taken or take due to perceptions and choices of free will, created by traits in my personality. Ive done alot of work in self evaluation/self honesty in view of changing the patterns of thinking and action/reaction, so at the moment Im viewing this chart in that way.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

Hi, xxoakxx. (That's some name, how do you pronounce it?)

Welcome to FG.
    As to your question, I would suggest that if nothing stands out, there is nothing to take from it.
    If something in particular does stand out, that will be what you need to focus on.
    There again, if nothing stands out now, don't discard it. You might find something stands out say, a few months, or even a few years down the line.
    Hope that helps, X.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

hey, without the kisses it would be plain old oak....BUT I NEED KISSES

but yes, thats sound advice, thankyou

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

hey, without the kisses it would be plain old oak....BUT I NEED KISSES

but yes, thats sound advice, thankyou
    Hi, Oak. You will find all the hugs and kisses you need here on this forum starting with me.XXX

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

lol, thankyou openmind

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    A proper chart is drawn up using the date, place and time of birth....without that, then you simply wouldnt know where the person and the planets were in relation to one another, which seems logical and a little more scientific.
    In what sense are you using the word "scientific" here?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast