Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.23%
  • NO

46 74.19%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

10 16.13%
  • OTHER

4 6.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 308 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3078

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    10:24 PM

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    How you treat others is important, but what you believe and place your faith in is what saves you with God. It also effects your behavior and treatment of others.
    correction:
    What you believe in and place your faith in is demonstrated by how you treat people, and how you allow others to treat people.

By your last comment are you implying that I treat people badly? If so, what do you base this claim on?
    You seem to champion people who don't mind treating people badly.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    12:24 AM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    correction:
    What you believe in and place your faith in is demonstrated by how you treat people, and how you allow others to treat people.

You seem to champion people who don't mind treating people badly.
    The Faith/Belief precedes the action. I don't champion anyone who treats people badly, but I bet you do, while accusing me of it. That's not to say that the people that I champion haven't ever done anything wrong in the past, but if they turn away from that and try to do the right things, I don't hold it against them.

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

Please take the time to read this first post if you haven't yet.

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

The LGBT Group Is Hateful: 3RD LGBT ATTACK ON CHRISTIAN BAKER GOES TO COURT

https://www.wnd.com/2019/07/court-as...ristian-baker/

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

Smile

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time
    05:24 AM

Except his name wasn't Immanuel. It was Jesus. Before the eating of the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge there was no Sin, for they had no knowledge of what Sin was. Then God decided to punish them for sinning against him. Therefore God is deciding to punish someone for doing something where they couldn't possibly know any better. And what is it about a God wanting a Blood Sacrifice anyway? Doesn't that strike you as being in the slightest bit creepy? Why would a Blood Sacrifice be required to cleanse sins? If God is all powerful wouldn't he have the ability to simply say, "Let it be so"? Wouldn't a loving God be opposed to owning slaves, rather than giving instructions on how to beat them, how & who to sell them to, and how to trick Hebrew slaves into life bondage? If Moses was supposed to have written Genesis & Exodus, how come it catalogues his death? How can any rational person possibly give any credibility to this book of fantasies?

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

The LGBT Group Is Hateful: 3RD LGBT ATTACK ON CHRISTIAN BAKER GOES TO COURT

https://www.wnd.com/2019/07/court-as...ristian-baker/
    They don't want him to "Endorse Gay anything."
    They just expect him to treat people the same regardless of their "orientation"

Not that I necessarily agree with either party in the case.

BTW, you're drifting pretty far off topic with this crap.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Except his name wasn't Immanuel. It was Jesus. Before the eating of the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge there was no Sin, for they had no knowledge of what Sin was. Then God decided to punish them for sinning against him. Therefore God is deciding to punish someone for doing something where they couldn't possibly know any better. And what is it about a God wanting a Blood Sacrifice anyway? Doesn't that strike you as being in the slightest bit creepy? Why would a Blood Sacrifice be required to cleanse sins? If God is all powerful wouldn't he have the ability to simply say, "Let it be so"? Wouldn't a loving God be opposed to owning slaves, rather than giving instructions on how to beat them, how & who to sell them to, and how to trick Hebrew slaves into life bondage? If Moses was supposed to have written Genesis & Exodus, how come it catalogues his death? How can any rational person possibly give any credibility to this book of fantasies?
    Immanuel literally means "God with us" and Jesus was God with us. They knew that it was a sin to eat of that tree of knowledge of good and evil, yet they did it. It caused the other sins after that. Blood is the life of the animal. Life is required because of sin. The truth is that the animal sacrifices could never cleans sin, they were a symbol or covering. A show of faith in God until the perfect sacrifice of Christ came. Only His perfect blood could truly wash away sins. God is allpowerful and could do it any way He wants, true and this is the way He chose. Since He is wiser and smarter than all, I trust His way. God was opposed to slavery I believe, but as in all things, sometimes God has a purpose for allowing certain things. In the case of slavery, He used it as an illustration of the bondage of sin that we have until Christ came and set us free from that bondage through the cross. The law gave guidelines for it. First of all, it was voluntary to pay off a debt in most cases and it was for a period of 7 years. Secondly, anyone who was caught forcing people into slavery against their will was to be put to death. Moses wrote those books, but God inspired them and told Him what to write. Either God revealed to Moses the circumstances of his death before hand and he wrote it down, OR Joshua, who took over for Moses after he died possibly wrote it. I don't see how any rational person could give any credibility to a book of fantasies, however, I am very thankful that the Bible is not a book of fantasies, it is the very Word of God.

Local Date
    08-24-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    They don't want him to "Endorse Gay anything."
    They just expect him to treat people the same regardless of their "orientation"

Not that I necessarily agree with either party in the case.

BTW, you're drifting pretty far off topic with this crap.
    He does treat everyone the same regardless of orientation. The only thing he won't do is make a cake specifically for a gay wedding. Just like you wouldn't expect a muslim caterer to cater a pig roast right? Or a black man to make a cake for a KKK rally.

I don't feel it's off topic in that it shows how Christians are being persecuted for their faith is the point.

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    He does treat everyone the same regardless of orientation. The only thing he won't do is make a cake specifically for a gay wedding. Just like you wouldn't expect a muslim caterer to cater a pig roast right? Or a black man to make a cake for a KKK rally.

I don't feel it's off topic in that it shows how Christians are being persecuted for their faith is the point.
    persecution of Christians, is off topic, actually.
    You should know. You started the topic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 308 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 ... LastLast