Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.23%
  • NO

46 74.19%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

10 16.13%
  • OTHER

4 6.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 325 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 317 318 319 320 321 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3245

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    03:03 PM

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Xfrod I simply have a different view. I do not agree with you. There are some 23000 variations of the Christian faith and many claiming to have the only or the sole truth. You are right there with the other 23999 others., You have failed to convince that of all those people that you and you alone have the sole handle on the truth. I'm sorry but that is a joke and that is what gives faith a bad name. Basically you follow a faith based on fear and are afraid of the truth.
    I follow what the Scriptures actually say because I believe God. Why not believe God's Word? Instead of worrying about what the Bible actually says, you are focusing on how many Denominations there are. It's not a faith based on fear because I have no fear of death or hell. The only ones who need to fear are those who won't turn to Christ for salvation and most of them don't believe the Bible any way.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

The question is "is there a heaven"?
    Christians Do go to heaven:

Mr 16:19 ¶ So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

*2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
    (KJV)

Php 1:21 ¶ For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    *22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
    *23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
    *24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
    People in heaven:

*Re 19:1 ¶ And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
    (KJV)

Jesus came down from heaven

John 6:38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Jesus Christ is going to rule and reign on the earth.* The believers will be with Him on the earth at that time.* Right now believer's go to heaven to be with the Lord Jesus Christ because that is where He is.*

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Try to understand the nature of "Midrash
    Why are you so hung up on this Midrash non-sense?

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Heaven - What Is it Like and Where Is it?

https://www.biblestudytools.com/bibl...-11636670.html

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

This boy, Colton Burpo, says he had a NDE and went to heaven. They made a movie out of it.

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL - Official Movie Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ewaCVARtM

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    08:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    ----------------------------

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL - Official Movie Trailer---------------------
    Do not lose sight of the fact that your words of God were decided by a single thug named Constantine whose control over the Bishops was near complete .

They left out every book that did not support Paul's slant on Christianity and gave you an abbreviated and sanitised version of what best suited one butcher and his vision of what best suited himself .

Introduce yourself to the Book of Enoch as a primer for a fuller history and upgrade your wisdom and understanding . imho .

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Do not lose sight of the fact that your words of God were decided by a single thug named Constantine whose control over the Bishops was near complete .

They left out every book that did not support Paul's slant on Christianity and gave you an abbreviated and sanitised version of what best suited one butcher and his vision of what best suited himself .

Introduce yourself to the Book of Enoch as a primer for a fuller history and upgrade your wisdom and understanding . imho .
    FALSE The Bible was written over a 1600 year period LONG before Constantine was even born. It was not up to Constantine which books were in the Bible. They left out every book that wasn't written by the actual eyewitnesses to the events and they had to be written by an Apostle of Christ or an associate. The only exceptions were Jame and Jude who were half brothers of Jesus Christ.

The book of Enoch was NOT written by Enoch. It is no doubt a book that was used for history and wisdom, but not Scripture. The Gospel of Mary, Judas, ect. are also fakes that were not written by those bearing their name and not in their lifetimes. They also contradict the God inspired Scriptures.

Here is a snippet from WIKIPEDIA regarding the development of the Biblical Canon.

Irenaeus (died c. 202) quotes and cites 21 books that would end up as part of the New Testament, but does not use Philemon, Hebrews, James, 2 Peter, 3 John and Jude.[8] By the early 3rd century Origen of Alexandria may have been using the same 27 books as in the modern New Testament, though there were still disputes over the canonicity of Hebrews, James, 2 Peter, 2 and 3 John, and Revelation[9] (see also Antilegomena). Likewise by 200 the Muratorian fragment shows that there existed a set of Christian writings somewhat similar to what is now the New Testament, which included four gospels and argued against objections to them.[10] Thus, while there was plenty of discussion in the Early Church over the New Testament canon, the "major" writings were accepted by almost all Christian authorities by the middle of the second century.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develo...biblical_canon

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Constantine did NOT corrupt the Bible. Here is an article on it for you:

Did Constantine corrupt the Bible (perhaps at Council of Nicaea)?

https://thebible.evangel.site/did-co...xoC7BsQAvD_BwE

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

I believe that Constantine started the Catholic Church which I believe it a corrupted form of Christianity because they don't strictly adhere to the Scriptures.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    09:03 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Xfrod I do not believe the Bible top be the inerrant word of God. We do learn of Jesus in the Bible but really very little., I believe that Jesus of Nazareth was a very historical person but not God. To make Jesus in to God is to demean the very wonderful person he was. It is also to demean the very name of God. You turn God into some evil monster who needs blood to be shed in order to assuage his petulant anger. What kind of God do you worship? Certainly it is not the God who tells us that his concerns are justice and compassion. Jesus himself has said that "You have heard it said . . . but I say . . . He changed the law.
    The story of Jesus being the Messiah is a blasphemy. Judaism set the rules but the followers of Jesus (not Jesus himself) tweaked it beyond all recognition. It's like presenting all of the historical proof of the earth being round (as opose to being flat) and finishing up with the botton line ... "and that is why the earth is a cube." In other words, Judaism introduced the concept of a "messiah" and set the parametres for what a (the) messiah ought to be and what its' function is to be. Then the Christ-followers came along and proclaimed Jesus the Messiah despite him fulfilling none of the most important messiah-criteria. Why invent a supersonic hoverboard and call it a hammer?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 325 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 317 318 319 320 321 ... LastLast