Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.17%
  • NO

47 74.60%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

10 15.87%
  • OTHER

4 6.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 355 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3548

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time
    10:57 PM

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Happy Sunday Everyone! Find a good Bible Believing Church and attend today!!!

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time
    09:57 PM

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Happy Sunday Everyone! Find a good Bible Believing Church and attend today!!!
    Why don't you believe the bible?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time

1st coronavirus death rocks Europe as CDC director warns of U.S. outbreak

https://www.wnd.com/2020/02/first-co...s-us-outbreak/

Lu 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time

Lu 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
    It's called throwing all kinds of sh!t against the wall and some of it sticking.

Question for you: Should a person go to prison for admitting to drugging a person and then raping them?
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time
    08:57 PM

If your game is playing on others' fear of death and damnation, you are NOT understanding the Bible correctly.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    If your game is playing on others' fear of death and damnation, you are NOT understanding the Bible correctly.
    Poor Alice, he just doesn't understand anything he reads, not the bible, and not school material on science. I'm getting the idea he doesn't understand these posts either. Certainly not well enough answer questions. What say ye, Alice?
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    03:57 AM

First of all taking current events & cherry picking certain verses to try to crowbar them into meaning what you want them to mean has no more credibility than the horoscope of any bit of gutter press rags. They mean whatever you want them to mean.

Secondly, Exodus is full of instances where God is ordering babies to be torn from the wombs of their Mothers & for innocent infants to be slain. That sounds very much like primitive abortion to me. The actions of a most benevolent God?

If God is all powerful, then how come a mere mortal is able to defy his will by bringing about a termination? He can't be all powerful if a mere human can override his will.

I prophesise you will then move onto the matter of Free Will. Well, Theists will agree that God knows everything. He knows in advance what every decision will be, as that was always part of his great plan. That simply goes to show that there is no Free Will, as he has already preset the outcome. If there really were to be Free Will then God would never know the outcome, and therefore could not be considered omniscient. On the other hand, what would we expect to see if there were no God? Simple. We would see exactly what we DO see.

The matter of Free Will also reflects on the matter of Prayer. If God were to be omniscient he would already know whether a prayer were to be answered or not. Therefore, what would the purpose of the prayer be if the outcome is going to be the same?

Furthermore, the power of Prayer has been tested under Laboratory Conditions, and it has been found to have the same results as would be expected from mere chance - EXCEPT when someone knows that someone is praying for them, when it has been shown to have a detrimental effect, as the psychsomatic syndrome takes effect.

Anyone who says that there is evidence for God is self delusional because if there were such evidence there would be no such thing as Atheism as Atheism is, by definition, the condition of not believing in a God because of lack of evidence to the contrary. And the Bible cannot be considered as evidence in the same way as the Defendant in a Court Trial cannot expect his plea of Not Guilty as being evidence. In this case, God is on trial on a charge of existing. Due to a lack of evidence I find him Not Guilty.

If a God does exist, then by everything that it says about him in the Bible he is a malevolent entity who is a hypocritical sadist. An entity who makes laws about not killing, then orders Genocidal Slaughter. An entity which condones slavery. An entity who condemns infinite generations because of something one of their ancestors did after he tricked them into committing a sin, before they had no notion of what sin was.

Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    It's not a game of playing on other's fear. It's believing the warnings of Christ to know when His return is near. I am just pointing out that Christ warned of these pestilences such as the Corona virus type things. But you said you don't believe the Bible, so how do you say that I am interpreting it incorrectly?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time

It's not a game of playing on other's fear. It's believing the warnings of Christ to know when His return is near. I am just pointing out that Christ warned of these pestilences such as the Corona virus type things. But you said you don't believe the Bible, so how do you say that I am interpreting it incorrectly?
    You mean other than the fact that you misinterpret everything? Just about everyone here knows the bible better than you, and blindly believing something doesn't qualify as knowledge. Perhaps in your rabbit hole world, it does, but in reality, it doesn't.

BTW, I believe you when you say you're not playing a game, and that is what's so damning about what you post; that you actually believe the garbage you type.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    First of all taking current events & cherry picking certain verses to try to crowbar them into meaning what you want them to mean has no more credibility than the horoscope of any bit of gutter press rags. They mean whatever you want them to mean.

Secondly, Exodus is full of instances where God is ordering babies to be torn from the wombs of their Mothers & for innocent infants to be slain. That sounds very much like primitive abortion to me. The actions of a most benevolent God?

If God is all powerful, then how come a mere mortal is able to defy his will by bringing about a termination? He can't be all powerful if a mere human can override his will.

I prophesise you will then move onto the matter of Free Will. Well, Theists will agree that God knows everything. He knows in advance what every decision will be, as that was always part of his great plan. That simply goes to show that there is no Free Will, as he has already preset the outcome. If there really were to be Free Will then God would never know the outcome, and therefore could not be considered omniscient. On the other hand, what would we expect to see if there were no God? Simple. We would see exactly what we DO see.

The matter of Free Will also reflects on the matter of Prayer. If God were to be omniscient he would already know whether a prayer were to be answered or not. Therefore, what would the purpose of the prayer be if the outcome is going to be the same?

Furthermore, the power of Prayer has been tested under Laboratory Conditions, and it has been found to have the same results as would be expected from mere chance - EXCEPT when someone knows that someone is praying for them, when it has been shown to have a detrimental effect, as the psychsomatic syndrome takes effect.

Anyone who says that there is evidence for God is self delusional because if there were such evidence there would be no such thing as Atheism as Atheism is, by definition, the condition of not believing in a God because of lack of evidence to the contrary. And the Bible cannot be considered as evidence in the same way as the Defendant in a Court Trial cannot expect his plea of Not Guilty as being evidence. In this case, God is on trial on a charge of existing. Due to a lack of evidence I find him Not Guilty.

If a God does exist, then by everything that it says about him in the Bible he is a malevolent entity who is a hypocritical sadist. An entity who makes laws about not killing, then orders Genocidal Slaughter. An entity which condones slavery. An entity who condemns infinite generations because of something one of their ancestors did after he tricked them into committing a sin, before they had no notion of what sin was.
    I will respond later, but in the mean time could you list the verses you are referring to?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 355 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 ... LastLast