Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.17%
  • NO

47 74.60%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

10 15.87%
  • OTHER

4 6.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 354 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354
Results 3,531 to 3,535 of 3535

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    02:26 AM

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    It can be easily shown that the cultists twist Scripture by comparing Scripture with Scripture as we are commanded to. If you actually know what the Bible says, are led of the Spirit and know and how it fits together you shouldn't be fooled.

Ac 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    Funny.
    A while back I was hanging out with some Moonies in DC, and once even met some Scientologists in Davis, CA.

Guess which scripture they quoted.

Sorry, I don't trust any of you. You're all the same.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    08:26 AM

Religious Nutjobs (Creationists in particular) cannot get out of the habit of using the Bible as evidence for itself, and expecting that to be accpted as valid.

If someone was up in court on a murder charge, and the Prosecution had the evidence of DNA traces, CCTV coverage, Powder Traces, as well as Ballistic Evidence from the Bullet, but the Defendant says that he is Innocent as he was down at the pub at the time. When asked if he could prove this he replies, "Yes, it's there in my statement". Would any Jury accept this as a valid Defence? Of course not. Because he is relying on his own word & expecting everyone else to believe that in the face of all the contradictory evidence.

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    04:26 AM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Funny.
    A while back I was hanging out with some Moonies in DC, and once even met some Scientologists in Davis, CA.

Guess which scripture they quoted.

Sorry, I don't trust any of you. You're all the same.
    It's not about one Scripture per se. It's about your theology being in accordance with what the Bible actually says. Quoting one Scripture doesn't prove anything. People like that don't take the Bible for what it says either. They are more like you than they are me.

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    02:26 AM

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    It's not about one Scripture per se. It's about your theology being in accordance with what the Bible actually says. Quoting one Scripture doesn't prove anything. People like that don't take the Bible for what it says either. They are more like you than they are me.
    Sorry, but you are seeing this as a single dimension issue. That is how you are, it seems.
    Those people can quote the scriptures even better than you do. It's not just one or two lines. And they use all the same lines you offer up. Knowing the bible not a special dispensation to people like you.
    As I said before people can take the Bible and justify all types of human behavior.

And you offer people nothing but false hope. Which is really said because God and Jesus actually offer so much more that you may ever know, with your nose is stuck in the book.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    04:26 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Sorry, but you are seeing this as a single dimension issue. That is how you are, it seems.
    Those people can quote the scriptures even better than you do. It's not just one or two lines. And they use all the same lines you offer up. Knowing the bible not a special dispensation to people like you.
    As I said before people can take the Bible and justify all types of human behavior.

And you offer people nothing but false hope. Which is really said because God and Jesus actually offer so much more that you may ever know, with your nose is stuck in the book.
    It's just interesting to me that you say you know what God and Jesus think, but you don't believe what the Bible says. You said the Bible is your source, but then you say that you don't believe the Bible. Do you see how contradictory this is? You really don't seem to have any foundation for your beliefs other than your own feelings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 354 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354