Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.23%
  • NO

46 74.19%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

10 16.13%
  • OTHER

4 6.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 318 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3180

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    10:33 AM

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Xfrod I will put it clearly. I trust in God. I do not need the very human book called "The Bible" to be like contract. Jesus himself was a human being albeit a very unique person. And to make Him into a God is to demean the very unique person he was. As for heaven that is questionable but I trust in God. I do not need all of this BS applied to Jesus.

Do you really trust in the Divine? That is questionable.

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time

I trust in God. I do not need a contract such as the very human book "The Bible. I do not need all of those appendages that people put to Jesus was a very unique individual with a very special relation withe the Divine. No Jesus was not God. He was executed for treason and crimes against the state. To make his death an atonement is to make God into some kind of monster. Jesus was indeed a very unique individual who had an strong relationship with the Divine,

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time

Oops double post.

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    01:33 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Read "Days of Awe and Wonder" by Marcus Borg.
    The Bible is a timeless book and is inspired by God. Do you believe this? If not, then what do you base your beliefs on?

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time

Xfrod I will put it clearly. I trust in God. I do not need the very human book called "The Bible" to be like contract. Jesus himself was a human being albeit a very unique person. And to make Him into a God is to demean the very unique person he was. As for heaven that is questionable but I trust in God. I do not need all of this BS applied to Jesus.

Do you really trust in the Divine? That is questionable.
    Interesting that you claim to know a lot about Jesus, but you don't believe the Bible. What do you place your beliefs of Jesus upon if not the Bible? Also, Jesus Christ referenced the Bible as authoritative from God and expected us to believe it. Was Jesus wrong? Jesus Christ clearly claimed to be God in the flesh so I think you are way off base again.

The basis of Christianity is the Bible. There are many many reasons to believe that it is God's Word. The prophecies that I listed earlier that were fulfilled hundreds of years later is just one example. There really is no other book like it. Had those things not really happened, the eyewitnesses from Christ's day would have decried that they were false, yet no one, not even His critics did so.

Do I really trust in the Divine? I trust in the Lord God of the Bible and He has revealed Himself to me in many different ways. He has spoken to me many times and has performed true miracles in my family.

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time

I trust in God. I do not need a contract such as the very human book "The Bible. I do not need all of those appendages that people put to Jesus was a very unique individual with a very special relation withe the Divine. No Jesus was not God. He was executed for treason and crimes against the state. To make his death an atonement is to make God into some kind of monster. Jesus was indeed a very unique individual who had an strong relationship with the Divine,
    The problem with your argument is that the prophecies written hundreds of years before His birth in the OT, directly contradict your assessment.

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time

Oops double post.
    It really puzzles me how you could see all of the Biblical evidence of Christ and yet come to a different conclusion than that of the historical evidence. How does this happen?

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time

Xfrod I do not believe the Bible top be the inerrant word of God. We do learn of Jesus in the Bible but really very little., I believe that Jesus of Nazareth was a very historical person but not God. To make Jesus in to God is to demean the very wonderful person he was. It is also to demean the very name of God. You turn God into some evil monster who needs blood to be shed in order to assuage his petulant anger. What kind of God do you worship? Certainly it is not the God who tells us that his concerns are justice and compassion. Jesus himself has said that "You have heard it said . . . but I say . . . He changed the law.

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time

My trust in the Divine is based on my experiences of the Divine or the or Sacred. Just because the "Bible" claims to be from God does not make it so. Many of the ancient sacred scriptures make the same claim. Jesus was a very unique human being, and that is what he was. He had a unique relationship with God but he was not God. To make him into God is to slight the Divine and it is also a slight to make a slight against the most unique human who ever existed.

Local Date
    10-19-2019
    Local Time
    06:33 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    The stories in the Bible are just re-hashes of ones in other Religions, thousands of years older. Even if the people named as the supposed authors were to have existed (which I don't believe they did), then all they were doing was putting down a compliation of stories they had heard from other cultures, along with a bit of their own embellishment, which is how all legends originate.

+ Reply to Thread