Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    2 3.23%
  • NO

    46 74.19%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

    10 16.13%
  • OTHER

    4 6.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 329 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3282

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

  1. #3241
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,971
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    09:57 PM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    " ... either .... incredibly dense or you lie ... "?

    I'm not sure myself but I prefer to think of them as 'selectively ignorant'. Naturally, because their ignorance is selective (in that they specifically choose what facts to resist) it is difficult not to see them as 'liars'.
    They don't choose anything, they go to their dealers for their what should I say/think fix. The idea of choice has been locked up in a cage in their minds. It remains there through constant feeding of crack (religious doctrine).
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  2. #3242
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,834
    Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    03:57 AM

    Thumbs up Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    They don't choose anything, they go to their dealers for their what should I say/think fix.
    You mean the bible or what they think the interpretation of it should be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    The idea of choice has been locked up in a cage in their minds.
    That's a good point, really. It's locked up beyond the reach of reason, logic, and question. No tolerance of free-thinking. That's one of the things I admire the Jews, that they have an open and on-going debate and discussion about what they think god expects and it's all written down for scrutiny.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    It remains there through constant feeding of crack (religious doctrine).

  3. #3243
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,178
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    09:57 PM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Where would you like to start?
    The Crusades? The Reformation? Witch Hunts? Slavery? Segregation?
    These were all either inspired by the Church, supported by the Church.

    From my own personal experiences, I watched "Good Christians" Beat a Black man to death because he was in the wrong part of town. I watched "Good Christians" spit on young children, because they were Black.

    "Good Christians" have been some of the most hateful people I have ever known.

    I personally know a lot of Christians who are good people, and I don't hold the behavior of a few against all of them. But I would suggest that there are a lot of people who may.
    The Crusades was a retaliation for hundreds of years of oppression, women being abducted into slavery, murder, rape torture by the muslims. Basically, doing the same stuff they do today with ISIS and other Terrorist groups. The Protestant reformation? Uhh, not sure why that is a bad thing. It was a good thing.

    Slavery? Every nation, culture and religion in the world had slavery interwoven into it. The US was one of the first nations to abolish slavery because they Christian Republicans fought against it. Abe Lincoln was the first Republican President. The Democrats supported slavery.

    Muslims abducted and sold slaves all over the world. In fact, they still practice slavery to this very day. Does that bother you?

    You are trying to blame Christians for these sins, but in fact it was the Democrats in the US that supported these very things, not the Republicans.

    You didn't see good Christians beat a black man to death or spit on a black girl. I doubt they were even Christians. They were likely KKK members, which is NOT a Christian organization. They are a hate group. The KKK was started and supported by the Democrats. Even if they were Christians, they were NOT doing what the Bible actually says to do now were they? Jesus says to love your neighbor.

    Anyway, I see Liberals running around preaching tolerance, love and inclusion, while practicing hate, harrassment, screaming down those who they disagree with, attacking Christians and Conservatives at rallies, Paying people to beat them up and do racist things to them and then blaming it on Trump supporters, trying to legally shut down free speech, right to protect themselves, black balling them from employment, running businesses out of business for not agreeing with them and promoting their views, falsely accusing them of hate, intolerance and bigotry while being hateful, intolerant and bigoted. A Conservative speaker can't go to a Liberal University without riots, protests, violence and threats, but a Liberal speaker never has to worry about these things. Trump supporters are physically attacked, but Obama supporters were never attacked. Falsely accused of being racist because they don't agree with the Liberal position.

    If the Conservatives did those things to Liberals would that be ok?

  4. #3244
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,834
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    07:57 PM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    The Crusades was a retaliation for hundreds of years of oppression, women being abducted into slavery, murder, rape torture by the muslims. Basically, doing the same stuff they do today with ISIS and other Terrorist groups. The Protestant reformation? Uhh, not sure why that is a bad thing. It was a good thing.

    Slavery? Every nation, culture and religion in the world had slavery interwoven into it. The US was one of the first nations to abolish slavery because they Christian Republicans fought against it. Abe Lincoln was the first Republican President. The Democrats supported slavery.

    Muslims abducted and sold slaves all over the world. In fact, they still practice slavery to this very day. Does that bother you?
    You REALLY should study more history.
    The Crusades were started by the Pope (Urban II, if I remember correctly) to try and wrest the Holy Land from the Evil Muslims.

    The US was NOT among the first nation to abolish slavery. Yes, The Republicans of the day supported Abolition, but the Republicans of today don't get to take credit for that. And The Republicans were perfectly happy to leave Slavery alone in the South, until the Southern States seceded the Union.

    All those Democrats who wanted to preserve Slavery were "Good Christians", too. They had a whole list of Bible passages that they claimed supported Slavery.

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    You are trying to blame Christians for these sins, but in fact it was the Democrats in the US that supported these very things, not the Republicans.

    You didn't see good Christians beat a black man to death or spit on a black girl. I doubt they were even Christians. They were likely KKK members, which is NOT a Christian organization. They are a hate group. The KKK was started and supported by the Democrats. Even if they were Christians, they were NOT doing what the Bible actually says to do now were they? Jesus says to love your neighbor.

    Anyway, I see Liberals running around preaching tolerance, love and inclusion, while practicing hate, harrassment, screaming down those who they disagree with, attacking Christians and Conservatives at rallies, Paying people to beat them up and do racist things to them and then blaming it on Trump supporters, trying to legally shut down free speech, right to protect themselves, black balling them from employment, running businesses out of business for not agreeing with them and promoting their views, falsely accusing them of hate, intolerance and bigotry while being hateful, intolerant and bigoted. A Conservative speaker can't go to a Liberal University without riots, protests, violence and threats, but a Liberal speaker never has to worry about these things. Trump supporters are physically attacked, but Obama supporters were never attacked. Falsely accused of being racist because they don't agree with the Liberal position.

    If the Conservatives did those things to Liberals would that be ok?
    I will give you some of that. No, those people were not, by any means I can think of actually Good Christians. But, they claimed to be Christians, and that is what people see "Christians" doing.

    Good Christians should be shutting down that kind of behavior, rather that letting it stand and blaming the victims.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  5. #3245
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,834
    Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    03:57 AM

    Question Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    The Crusades was a retaliation for hundreds of years of oppression ..............
    Oh yeah, "Turn the other cheek" must be a Muslim thing. I get Muslims and Christians confused quite a lot lately. I should know better with Christian-dominated nations', illegal, "RETALIATORY" invasions of Muslim countries such as Irak, Iran, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. Those Muslims have a whole lot of atonement to pay for all of that "oppression", particulalry the opression of oil.

  6. #3246
    Banned Raphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    314
    Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    02:57 AM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    Oh yeah, "Turn the other cheek" must be a Muslim thing. I get Muslims and Christians confused quite a lot lately. I should know better with Christian-dominated nations', illegal, "RETALIATORY" invasions of Muslim countries such as Irak, Iran, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. Those Muslims have a whole lot of atonement to pay for all of that "oppression", particulalry the opression of oil.
    Please do not be so nasty about extremist groups like the US .

    They have to undergo huge deprivations in their kind attempt to police the planet .

  7. #3247
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,834
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    07:57 PM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    "We would like a church that again asserts that God, not nations, rules the world, that the boundaries of God's kingdom transcend those of Caesar, and that the main political task of the church is the formation of people who see clearly the cost of discipleship and are willing to pay the price."
    -- Stanley Hauerwas, "Resident Aliens: Life in the Christian Colony".

    https://www.amazon.com/Resident-Alie.../dp/1426781903
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  8. #3248
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,178
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    09:57 PM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    You REALLY should study more history.
    The Crusades were started by the Pope (Urban II, if I remember correctly) to try and wrest the Holy Land from the Evil Muslims.

    The US was NOT among the first nation to abolish slavery. Yes, The Republicans of the day supported Abolition, but the Republicans of today don't get to take credit for that. And The Republicans were perfectly happy to leave Slavery alone in the South, until the Southern States seceded the Union.

    All those Democrats who wanted to preserve Slavery were "Good Christians", too. They had a whole list of Bible passages that they claimed supported Slavery.



    I will give you some of that. No, those people were not, by any means I can think of actually Good Christians. But, they claimed to be Christians, and that is what people see "Christians" doing.

    Good Christians should be shutting down that kind of behavior, rather that letting it stand and blaming the victims.
    The Crusades were a Defensive Response to Islamic Aggression and Expansion. Yes the muslims were evil, like they are today. They were murdering, enslaving, raping and robbing people all over Europe. They were abducting the women and making them sex slaves. So, are you telling me that if your mother, sister and family, friends had this happen to them that you wouldn't do anything to rescue them? Is that the kind of person you are?

    Yes, the US was among the first nations to abolish slavery. The Republicans get full credit for abolishing slavery. If it were up to the Democrats, they would have kept it. Just like the Democrats voted for Jim Crow laws and Separate but equal laws. It was the Republicans who were always against them.

    I am sure that some of the Southerners who supported slavery, may have been Christians, but I am not sure that they were good Christians. There was a place for slavery in the Bible. It wasn't the same type of slavery as the Southerners practiced. By the way only 2% of Americans even owned slaves. Slavery in the Bible was used to pay off a debt and it was only for a period of 7 years. The Bible also condemns stealing a man against his will for slavery and says that they are to be put to death. Did you know that?

    I am curious to know, since muslims still practice slavery to this day, and they murder gays, are they good or bad?

    So basically, you have no good reason to call Christians evil, hateful, demonic blasphemers.

    Are muslims evil, hateful demonic blasphemers? What about Jews? What about the rest of the world? Because they ALL practiced slavery since the history of the world.

    I am 100% against slavery in the involuntary form that it became. But in ancient history it had a purpose. Many would have died had they not voluntarily made their selves slaves to pay off their debt. They wouldn't have been able to survive on their own.

    The Crusades: A Defensive Response to Islamic Aggression and Expansion

    https://nightwatchsite.wordpress.com...and-expansion/

  9. #3249
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,834
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    07:57 PM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    The Crusades were a Defensive Response to Islamic Aggression and Expansion. Yes the muslims were evil, like they are today. They were murdering, enslaving, raping and robbing people all over Europe. They were abducting the women and making them sex slaves. So, are you telling me that if your mother, sister and family, friends had this happen to them that you wouldn't do anything to rescue them? Is that the kind of person you are?

    Yes, the US was among the first nations to abolish slavery. The Republicans get full credit for abolishing slavery. If it were up to the Democrats, they would have kept it. Just like the Democrats voted for Jim Crow laws and Separate but equal laws. It was the Republicans who were always against them.

    I am sure that some of the Southerners who supported slavery, may have been Christians, but I am not sure that they were good Christians. There was a place for slavery in the Bible. It wasn't the same type of slavery as the Southerners practiced. By the way only 2% of Americans even owned slaves. Slavery in the Bible was used to pay off a debt and it was only for a period of 7 years. The Bible also condemns stealing a man against his will for slavery and says that they are to be put to death. Did you know that?

    I am curious to know, since muslims still practice slavery to this day, and they murder gays, are they good or bad?

    So basically, you have no good reason to call Christians evil, hateful, demonic blasphemers.

    Are muslims evil, hateful demonic blasphemers? What about Jews? What about the rest of the world? Because they ALL practiced slavery since the history of the world.

    I am 100% against slavery in the involuntary form that it became. But in ancient history it had a purpose. Many would have died had they not voluntarily made their selves slaves to pay off their debt. They wouldn't have been able to survive on their own.

    The Crusades: A Defensive Response to Islamic Aggression and Expansion

    https://nightwatchsite.wordpress.com...and-expansion/
    You asked why so many people dislike Christians, these days.
    I offered some reasons.
    Your reactions is to point to the behavior of other, non-Christians. We are discussing Christians, and THEIR behavior.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  10. #3250
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,178
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    09:57 PM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    * Christians say that if you are not Christian you will go to hell
    * Christians claim that there is only one god but say there are three gods.
    * Christians say that you cannot believe in god (and cannot have any communication with god) if you do not believe in Jesus as god's hocus-pocus son.

    No, it is the followers of Christianity who are intolerant, hateful, and bigoted because Christ never said those things. The bible is a work of fiction.

    Christianity is evil, bigoted, satanic, etc. some of the reasons I have just given you.

    Christianity blasphemes the messiah who is defined by Judaism long before christ was born.

    You sound like you are not paying attention to anything I tell you.


    Between the two of us I am the tolerant one. FACT: Agnostism is tolerant. Christinaity is intolerant.
    Christians believe what the Bible says. You are angry with Christians for actually believing God that those who reject Christ will go to hell.

    Christians do NOT believe in 3 Gods, we believe in 1 God, but 3 personalities because the Bible says it all throughout.

    Christians believe that you cannot commune with God without the Son, being born again, yes because the Bible says so and we actually believe God. So you are again angry with Christians for believing God.

    No, Christians aren't intolerant, angry and hateful, people like you are. What it comes down to is that you hate them for believing God. You are going in the way of Cain who hated and killed his brother for believing God. All Cain had to do is obey God, but he refused to do so.

    Christians do not blaspheme the Messiah, Jesus Christ. False. I can show you in the Jewish Torah/OT where it describes Jesus Christ to a tee and that He is the Messiah, that He would be killed, ect. It's undeniable.

    By the way of the two of us, I am the tolerant one. I have done nothing to you except tell you what Christians believe because that is what the Bible says. Too bad if you don't like it. You are the hateful one for denying Christians the right to believe as they will. They aren't bothering you, don't bother them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 329 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tell Me There's A Heaven
    By jones jones in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 04:40 AM
  2. Will anybody be in heaven because of you?
    By minks in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 07:56 AM
  3. Heaven
    By observer1 in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 09:58 AM
  4. Heaven
    By valerie in forum The Pets In Our Lives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 08:39 PM
  5. Just like Heaven
    By jennyswan in forum Films & Cinema Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 03:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts