Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Odinism

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time
    10:29 PM

Re: Odinism

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Would you like a bit here or would you prefer a clean thread?

Each religion produces a different mindset for its adherent. I have a fair grasp of the beliefs of Odinists - the background stories, if you like - but I know little of any practices which might be associated with them, it strikes me as something individuals practice rather than the congregational focus you'd find in Christianity, Islam, Judaism or the Latter Day Saints (they're the four monotheist religions which spring into my mind as examples).
    you sound as versed as myself in ancient religions, i am an odinist of the original germanic faith, odinists are family or clan based, the monthiestic faiths you mentioned before are socially based, odinists want to rule the family, monothieists want to rule the world lol

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

here is good maybe we can clear up some confusion on the subject of rligions lol

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by luciferjohn View Post
    here is good maybe we can clear up some confusion on the subject of rligions lol
    just as long as i dont talk about spelling lol

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    06:29 AM

you sound as versed as myself in ancient religions, i am an odinist of the original germanic faith, odinists are family or clan based, the monthiestic faiths you mentioned before are socially based, odinists want to rule the family, monothieists want to rule the world lol
    I may have entirely inaccurate ideas, it's something I'd do well to read a book about sometime. I have it in mind that there's a focus on making a good death, for example. It doesn't matter when so much as how, the readiness to stand up and face it with a suitably grave flippancy showing how trivial an event it is. Any religion capable of inspiring that degree of clear-thinking is a step up from the average state of humanity.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I may have entirely inaccurate ideas, it's something I'd do well to read a book about sometime. I have it in mind that there's a focus on making a good death, for example. It doesn't matter when so much as how, the readiness to stand up and face it with a suitably grave flippancy showing how trivial an event it is. Any religion capable of inspiring that degree of clear-thinking is a step up from the average state of humanity.
    the basis for that individual example is based on courage, if you are brave and honest in all you do and say, you get taken to valhalla, if you die in battle a valkyrie takes you from the field to valhalla,to die with courage and honor garentees you a seat at odins table, if a faith can make you more like the gods and less like man, then in my oppinion it is a positive force,being honest and respectful is harder to come by today with the human race being what it is,hopefully one day the true religions of the world will get along and then the people will follow, back to the explanations , if you die a "cowards" death you must go to hella to be judged.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    03:29 PM

The Vikings were Odinists perhaps?

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    The Vikings were Odinists perhaps?
    yes indeed they were, all of the europian countries in the northern hemisphere
    sweedes, germans, danes,you get the idea.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    03:29 PM

the basis for that individual example is based on courage, if you are brave and honest in all you do and say, you get taken to valhalla, if you die in battle a valkyrie takes you from the field to valhalla,to die with courage and honor garentees you a seat at odins table, if a faith can make you more like the gods and less like man, then in my oppinion it is a positive force,being honest and respectful is harder to come by today with the human race being what it is,hopefully one day the true religions of the world will get along and then the people will follow, back to the explanations , if you die a "cowards" death you must go to hella to be judged.

See I've been saying that for ages . Hella "hell" is an adaptation used in the Bible....it doesn't belong in the Bible. They just stuck it in there without thought .

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    See I've been saying that for ages . Hella "hell" is an adaptation used in the Bible....it doesn't belong in the Bible. They just stuck it in there without thought .
    yes sort of, the term was adopted by many peoples in many variations, and it basically just refers to a darkened underworld, the judeo/christian version with the fire and brimestone was adopted from the greeks version, the stories of all the old worlds got so mixed up do to miscommunication, that the names and so forth get clustered together the closer you get to the modern era, the best thing to do is look in the bc era to find the roots of the ancient religions and follow them forward, youll be suprised what the romans did, they mixed them all up to control the populace , hope that helped

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4