Thread: Turtles

Banned
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    07:25 PM

Re: Turtles

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Skye's one of these places where there are fossils all over the place. They used to export diatomite all over the world.

Scottish dinosaurs

The official website for Skye, Lochalsh and Raasay in the north west of Scotland

check out the you tube link.
    My home town has cliffs nearby called 'Beachy Head'.. When we were kids dad used to take us up there and the fossils we found were just everywhere. One of my brothers most prized possessions is a fossilised frog he found when he was 9 yrs old. My dad had some expert at the time look at it and he thought it to be at least a million years old. I can' remember the exact location but recently some-where around there, children found dinasoar footprints in the sand when the tide was out. Scarey

Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    08:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    My home town has cliffs nearby called 'Beachy Head'.. When we were kids dad used to take us up there and the fossils we found were just everywhere. One of my brothers most prized possessions is a fossilised frog he found when he was 9 yrs old. My dad had some expert at the time look at it and he thought it to be at least a million years old. I can' remember the exact location but recently some-where around there, children found dinasoar footprints in the sand when the tide was out. Scarey
    course you do know all fossils were planted by the devil to mislead people when everybody with any sense knows a talking snake and a randy adam and eve got us all thrown out of paradise. Which begs the question if adam and eve had been gay would we all be in paradise and is it perhaps heterosexuality that is the original sin. Course do be careful who you put that kind of question to.

Supporting Member along-for-the-ride's Avatar
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    02:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by shelbell View Post
    Totally cool spot...I have 2 turtles and love them to death.
    Hubby and I also have a turtle...had him for 10 years. An infant. Grown from half dollar size to hand size.
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    03:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by along-for-the-ride View Post
    Hubby and I also have a turtle...had him for 10 years. An infant. Grown from half dollar size to hand size.
    How cute Along.....I met a loggerhead turtle once and spent the night on the beach with her as she laid her eggs. Even walked her back down to the sea.

Banned
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time

course you do know all fossils were planted by the devil to mislead people when everybody with any sense knows a talking snake and a randy adam and eve got us all thrown out of paradise. Which begs the question if adam and eve had been gay would we all be in paradise and is it perhaps heterosexuality that is the original sin. Course do be careful who you put that kind of question to.

What have you been smoking??

Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time

If Adam and Eve were gay, there would be no heterosexuals to sin.

Banned
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by shelbell View Post
    If Adam and Eve were gay, there would be no heterosexuals to sin.
    Ahh how very true. You see gmc? Shellbell can even put logic into your Scottish ramblings.

Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    08:25 PM

What a pity they are being housed in a museum in Edinburgh?? God, does this mean i might have to visit the land of the bearded folk??
    Do you really think you could get a passport or a visa?
    An ye harm none, do what ye will....

Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by along-for-the-ride View Post
    Aren't they awesome? We take them out of their tank sometimes, shut all the hallway doors and just let them run up and down the hall....and of course try to crawl over mom. 10 yrs is young. I'm not sure about my big girl but think she's about 2-2 1/2, she was a hand me down from youngest daughters boyfriend to her, and then her to us. Baby is right around 1 now. Big one is 9" and baby is 7". They are both Red Earred Sliders...the big one even wants me to hand feed her all the time. they're both spoiled. Not once has either of them tried to bite us. We've also been asking around to figure out who can take them if they out live us which is a strong possibility.

Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Ahh how very true. You see gmc? Shellbell can even put logic into your Scottish ramblings.
    I know you meant this as a compliment oscar, I've learned your style, but this didn't come off with me looking to good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2