Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: i feel so evil

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    04:51 PM

Re: i feel so evil

Quote Originally Posted by kazalala View Post
    oh yes we were told to wait till at least two months after her season too but i see what you mean about her going in to season first,, would be a nightmare keeping them apart. I think the main way the personality changes is to make them less aggressive as i have heard of people getting them done for this purpose,,, but saying that others say it dont make any difference to their personality,,,maybe it just coincides with their age and the different phases they go through ,,(yes just like kids
    and suzy,, our Sheila is the same as far as food is concerned,, i have had to tell hubs to stop just feeding her treats every time she looks at him she would live on them rather than eat her food,,, she actually dont eat a lot for a staffie
    Thats what it is like here, everyone who comes in this house knows where the treats are and they get them to give to the dogs, Alfie would live on them now Poppy eats the treats as well as her food and Alfies

Quote Originally Posted by kazalala View Post
    aww bless him(alfie i mean not jim) what kind of dog is poppy suzy?
    Alfie is a springer spaniel cross collie and Poppy is a cocker spaniel cross collie

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyB View Post
    Vets just called, operation went well but Alfie really upset I could hear him crying in the background

I was collecting him at 4 after Poppys appointment but he is so upset we can collect him at 1, now hopefully Jim will answer his bloody phone
    Bless the wee soul - he just wants home
    Very nearly perfect ...

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

Thats what it is like here, everyone who comes in this house knows where the treats are and they get them to give to the dogs, Alfie would live on them now Poppy eats the treats as well as her food and Alfies
    you know you shouldnt just feed them treats ye have to make them do somthing to get a treat like a reward,, even if its just "sit" or "down" or "high five" thing is I started giving sheila a treat when she walked nice beside me and now,,, she still likes to walk ahead but dont pull so much( well not all the time) but then every so often she comes and walks nice beside me,,, so nice she is almost dancing along so really she is deciding when she should have a treat

Alfie is a springer spaniel cross collie and Poppy is a cocker spaniel cross collie [/QUOTE]

awww where are the Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    11:51 AM

aww, hugs for Alfie!

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    i have just left alfie at the vets ,he is going to be castrated

we have another puppy a bitch and we could not keep a whole litter of puppies nor could bare to give them away

alfie is the best natured ,best behaved dog i have ever seen i feel terrible that a dog as good as him has had the chance of breeding fantastic pups taken away from him by us

how did you guys feel when you had your dogs done

and what are your thoughts on this practice
    Our dog was a rescue dog which we got at eight weeks old-we were the third owners. It is one of the conditions of the dog's trust that any dogs get castrated and bitches speyed.

Realistically any pups he fathered would either get drowned at birth or dumped in the dog's home since he's a mutt. He appears to be a cross between a dalmation and a collie. Or as I like to think of it the love child of a pedigree dalmatian princess and a bit of rough from the farm.

Know what you mean though, but realistically unless you are prepared to accept the responsibility of unwanted pups you need to do it. You will need to do the bitch as well unless you are intending to breed her-once is all it takes.

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    i have just left alfie at the vets ,he is going to be castrated

we have another puppy a bitch and we could not keep a whole litter of puppies nor could bare to give them away

alfie is the best natured ,best behaved dog i have ever seen i feel terrible that a dog as good as him has had the chance of breeding fantastic pups taken away from him by us

how did you guys feel when you had your dogs done

and what are your thoughts on this practice
    Aw hunny! I know just how you feel! We had our mog done when he was 6 months old. But since it was his sister he was living with....well, we couldnt have any of THAT in the house now!
    Our mog, Clyde, has stayed an incredible young kittenish personality even tho he is 3 now. He stills plays fetch and everything! But we refuse to have our female done as it's such an intrusive procedure, for WHAT? Our own convienience? They are house cats, so will live nice long moggy lives. Clyde doesnt miss his bits, so all is well. Good luck sweety. It will be okay.
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    05:51 PM

poor little fella
    "To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

Poppy is booked in to get done in the morning, the vets said that if she gets done before her 1st season she stands less chance of cancer in the mamory glands, we talked and think it's better that they are both poorly together, Jim had to sneak out the house with Poppy for her walks today.

Alfie is not great, one of us is going to sleep in the same room as him tonight, good news is that he has had a little food and water.

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

Poppy is booked in to get done in the morning, the vets said that if she gets done before her 1st season she stands less chance of cancer in the mamory glands, we talked and think it's better that they are both poorly together, Jim had to sneak out the house with Poppy for her walks today.

Alfie is not great, one of us is going to sleep in the same room as him tonight, good news is that he has had a little food and water.
    aw hope he is ok Suzy ye it might be a good idea for Pppy to be done now as well,,, may be easier if she hasnt had a season yetMy Sheila had a phnatom pregnancy after she was done

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Banned
    Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Our dog was a rescue dog which we got at eight weeks old-we were the third owners. It is one of the conditions of the dog's trust that any dogs get castrated and bitches speyed.

Realistically any pups he fathered would either get drowned at birth or dumped in the dog's home since he's a mutt. He appears to be a cross between a dalmation and a collie. Or as I like to think of it the love child of a pedigree dalmatian princess and a bit of rough from the farm.

Know what you mean though, but realistically unless you are prepared to accept the responsibility of unwanted pups you need to do it. You will need to do the bitch as well unless you are intending to breed her-once is all it takes.
    After much debate in the Oscar household, we have decided that puppy 'Rosie' will be allowed to have one litter. this is not something we decide lightly. Over the years all of my bitches have had one litter at least and we find that it makes them a better tempered dog. We would not do it unless we are sure there are homes lined up for them. She's still too young but when she gets to about two tears old, we will have her mated.
    We always vet our new owners and do two home checks, one un-announced and keep in touch with them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast