Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: My Best Friend Passed Away

  1. #21
    Senior Member shelbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Psycho ward
    Posts
    6,009
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    12:25 AM

    Re: My Best Friend Passed Away

    Nok, it is so easy to get wrapped up in our grief, I did it with my dad. It's been almost 13yrs since I lost him, but find it comforting to go to his grave and talk to him. There is still pain from the loss, but as time has past, I find it so much easier to remember the good stuff and the fun times we had. I love to tell stories to my kids about him, all the weird and wild stuff he did and all the advice he gave us..most of it good, some of it not so good.

    Time will help ease the pain, but right now do whatever helps you deal with this the most.

  2. #22
    Senior Member nok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    536
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    01:25 PM

    Re: My Best Friend Passed Away

    Odie and Shelbell - Thanks so much for your responses, My Friends.

    Odie- Thank you for letting me know that my friend is still there, without expecting any signs from him.

    Shelbell- Thank you for telling me about your dad and how time has eased your grief.
    Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal.

  3. #23
    Senior Member shelbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Psycho ward
    Posts
    6,009
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    12:25 AM

    Re: My Best Friend Passed Away

    Quote Originally Posted by nok View Post
    Odie and Shelbell - Thanks so much for your responses, My Friends.

    Odie- Thank you for letting me know that my friend is still there, without expecting any signs from him.

    Shelbell- Thank you for telling me about your dad and how time has eased your grief.
    Anytime hun...just remember you'll always find someone here that understands what you are going thru.

  4. #24
    Senior Member nok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    536
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    01:25 PM

    Re: My Best Friend Passed Away

    A friend of mine suggested I light a candle for Larry and put his picture next to the candle. I am to tell Larry the candle was lit for him and see what happens.

    I am much, much better now. I have accepted the fact that Larry is no longer with me physically but he will always be there for me spiritually.

    Another friend of mine told me that love never dies.

    Creating two online memorials for Larry really helped me a lot in my grieving process. It helped me emotionally. At least through the memorials, his memory will not be forgotten.

    Since his death, some men did ask me out for dates but I turned everyone down. I don't mean to but I keep comparing them to Larry, and nobody even half measures up to the great person Larry was. Looks like I'm going to be single for the rest of my life !
    Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    12:25 AM

    Re: My Best Friend Passed Away

    Quote Originally Posted by nok View Post
    A friend of mine suggested I light a candle for Larry and put his picture next to the candle. I am to tell Larry the candle was lit for him and see what happens.

    I am much, much better now. I have accepted the fact that Larry is no longer with me physically but he will always be there for me spiritually.

    Another friend of mine told me that love never dies.

    Creating two online memorials for Larry really helped me a lot in my grieving process. It helped me emotionally. At least through the memorials, his memory will not be forgotten.

    Since his death, some men did ask me out for dates but I turned everyone down. I don't mean to but I keep comparing them to Larry, and nobody even half measures up to the great person Larry was. Looks like I'm going to be single for the rest of my life !
    I'm happy Nok that you have found peace.

    Your memorials gave you inspiration and help during your grieving process.

    Grieving take a long time, and I find myself its a day to day experience, never knowing what to expect.

    Perhaps your not ready to date yet, when you have a love that strong, it can take many years.

    and by all means, light that candle, just for Larry.

    you always know I am here for you.
    Life is just to short for drama.

  6. #26
    Senior Member nok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    536
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    01:25 PM

    Re: My Best Friend Passed Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    I'm happy Nok that you have found peace.

    Your memorials gave you inspiration and help during your grieving process.

    Grieving take a long time, and I find myself its a day to day experience, never knowing what to expect.

    Perhaps your not ready to date yet, when you have a love that strong, it can take many years.

    and by all means, light that candle, just for Larry.

    you always know I am here for you.
    Awwwwww Odie, thank you soooo much !!!! You are a lovely friend and a very good emotional support.
    Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    12:25 AM

    Re: My Best Friend Passed Away

    Quote Originally Posted by nok View Post
    Awwwwww Odie, thank you soooo much !!!! You are a lovely friend and a very good emotional support.
    I know how it feels my good friend, to lose someone you really love.

    You've come a long way now, its times to treat yourself to something nice!
    Life is just to short for drama.

  8. #28
    Senior Member nok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    536
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    01:25 PM

    Re: My Best Friend Passed Away

    Happy Birthday, Larry !

    Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    12:25 AM

    Re: My Best Friend Passed Away

    Quote Originally Posted by nok View Post
    Happy Birthday, Larry !

    Happy Birthday Larry.

  10. #30
    Senior Member nok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    536
    Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    01:25 PM

    Re: My Best Friend Passed Away

    Register to remove this ad.
    Awwwww Odie ((((((hugs))))) Thank you my friend !!!
    Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A Friend Passed Away
    By observer1 in forum Members' News
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 06:28 AM
  2. Mom passed, much going on
    By Ciao, Bella! in forum Members' News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 02:14 AM
  3. I Passed!!
    By Accountable in forum Members' News
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 06:38 PM
  4. Yes!!! He passed!
    By Pinky in forum Members' News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 08:44 AM
  5. Baby Rider's friend just passed away
    By lady cop in forum Members' News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 04:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts