Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    07:22 PM

We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

By every measure, The United States and coalition forces have conclusively defeated all enemies in Iraq, pacified the country, deposed the previous regime, successfully helped to establish a new functioning democratic government, and suppressed any lingering insurgencies. The war has come to an end. And we won.

What more indication do you need? An announcement from the outgoing Bush administration? It's not gonna happen. An announcement from the incoming Obama administration? That's really not gonna happen. A declaration of victory by the media? Please. Don't make me laugh. A concession of surrender by what few remaining insurgents remain in hiding? Forget about it.

The moment has come to acknowledge the obvious. To overtly declare a fact that has already been true for quite some time now. Let me repeat:

WE WON THE WAR IN IRAQ
    I don't want to press "1" for English. This is America!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

"History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over." COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Banned
    Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    03:22 AM

Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchstone View Post
    By every measure, The United States and coalition forces have conclusively defeated all enemies in Iraq, pacified the country, deposed the previous regime, successfully helped to establish a new functioning democratic government, and suppressed any lingering insurgencies. The war has come to an end. And we won.

What more indication do you need? An announcement from the outgoing Bush administration? It's not gonna happen. An announcement from the incoming Obama administration? That's really not gonna happen. A declaration of victory by the media? Please. Don't make me laugh. A concession of surrender by what few remaining insurgents remain in hiding? Forget about it.

The moment has come to acknowledge the obvious. To overtly declare a fact that has already been true for quite some time now. Let me repeat:

WE WON THE WAR IN IRAQ

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    11:22 PM

WE WON THE WAR IN IRAQ
    Are you sure?

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"
    - William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Kindle View Post
    Are you sure?

Of course not! This is just a ploy to flush out Spot!

(At least you didn't find this thread as hilarious as the previous poster did. But then your an American.)

Ryan.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

"History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over." COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Banned
    Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

Yeah right

We are also withdrawing troops from Iraq. We won the war here in Britain

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    08:22 PM

Talking Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

Do I have time to pop some popcorn?? Don't want to miss this.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kindle
    Are you sure?

Touchstone posted: Of course not! This is just a ploy to flush out Spot!
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    Yeah right

We are also withdrawing troops from Iraq. We won the war here in Britain

You do spend quite a lot of time laughing Oscar ... don't you? It is an endearing trait. I to laugh a lot too!

Ryan.

Banned
    Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

You do spend quite a lot of time laughing Oscar ... don't you? It is an endearing trait. I to laugh a lot too!

Ryan.
    Take no offence Ryan. Us Brits have been laughing at your foriegn and economic policey for some years now.
    We'd like to thankyou for voting for Bush twice as it's given the people of Britain much hilarity over the years.
    We can't wait to see what the next one does to screw your country up

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    Take no offence Ryan. Us Brits have been laughing at your foriegn and economic policey for some years now.
    We'd like to thankyou for voting for Bush twice as it's given the people of Britain much hilarity over the years.
    We can't wait to see what the next one does to screw your country up

None taken Oscar. Being a journalist I read many many newspapers including those from your country. I have always found something in them to laugh about!

Ryan.

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    04:22 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    The moment has come to acknowledge the obvious. To overtly declare a fact that has already been true for quite some time now.
    If you can find an Iraqi writing that life for the average citizen in Iraq is better now than it was under the previous regime you'd perhaps have a justifiable position.

I can show you the opposite if you like - Iraqis saying that life was better then than now. There are still two million displaced Iraqis living as refugees abroad, for example. Women complain that they can no longer safely work, study or teach as they used to. Secularism in Iraq has disappeared.

Iraqi GNP remains lower than before the war. Public utilities are backward compared to what was provided by the previous regime. More to the point, there's no Iraqi army yet capable of securing the country's borders and until there is there's no independent Iraq.

The minimum distinguishing aspect of a country is control of its own foreign policy and taxation, Iraq lacks both. It's still a dependent territory, it's not a nation.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast