Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

Local Date
    09-19-2019
    Local Time
    03:02 PM

Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

As the member who posted the original thread, before I go to bed let me say something.

The thread sparked a very lively debate which cannot be a bad thing on a Forum like this.

Hey I'm not a Moderator but unfortunately some of the posts got a little too personal towards the end.

Men like Jester and I will always defend America against allcomers no matter what and us patriotic Americans sometimes get a little hot under the collar at times like this

I am pleased that more Americans stepped up to the plate at the end and voiced their own opinion.

Love for the country of your birth is an admirable trait and defending that country is as well.

God bless America!

Ryan.
    I don't want to press "1" for English. This is America!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

"History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over." COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    12:02 AM

I'm sad that this thread has descended into nationalistic nonsense as usual, but we all go a bit bananas sometimes I guess.

To all Americans, (even the mad ones stroking their guns wrapped in bibles) of course we know your not the enemy, and we are not your enemy either we are your friends, but friends are allowed to have a go at each other sometimes. We know we are soft touches, you know you are mental, Its all just been a bit emotional recently; so everybody just sit down at the back of the bus and play nice.

But in a mood of mutual recriminations and hostilities between fellow Westerners; I say we all have a go at Ireland-bashing today. Yes, that little green teddy bear shaped place in the North Atlantic, Ireland.

Tricky customers the Irish, didn't bother getting involved in WW II, which we called "the Emergency" instead as it sounded less frightening, we spent most of that time organizing a dancing competition in Co. Kildare; it was a great success apparently, though the captured German pilots were total rubbish at set dancing, couldn't handle Jig timing.

No we don't like wars, unless they are against other Irish people, which we love and can't get enough of, but don't call wars, we call them "The Troubles" or "The difficulties" or "The Spot of Bother". Occasionally also we have a go at the Brits just for a bit of devilment, but they are quite powerful so we can only go so far before the get annoyed and call around to our place and beat the crap out of us again.

So, we Irish get away with far too much anyway, and need a good talking to; here are a few of our recent escapades.

Apparently we have been poisoning the pork supplies of the world for weeks now by feeding pigs plastic bags. But sure look, people are eating too many rashers anyway, its a health thing.

GO IRELAND!

We have been fighting with the Czechs because their president is a bit mental and he loves us because we ended the EU forever by voting the Lisbon treaty down, but in true Irish fashion we have sobered up now, and we decided that was a bad idea so we want to vote again and vote yes, just to annoy the Brits heh heh.

GO IRELAND

We are part responsible for making Obama exist apparently and he is from Co Offaly, so he will be coming to visit us as soon as he is finished selling out the US to the Muslims by next Ramadan, bam a lam. So if you are annoyed about the current outbreak of peacenik-ery you know where to guide the bombs me lads, Moneygall in Co. Offaly, just give Mr Kelly time to get the cows in before you send in the F1-11s!

GO IRELAND

India has recently trying to be admitted to the club of Nuclear Nations, but neutral Ireland was having none of that, and we and Austria told the Indians in no uncertain terms that we would veto all of that shenanigans in the UN unless they increased the quality of the Chicken Khorma available in Bray, Co Wicklow. The Indians, (never having had to deal with the Irish directly before, and not being sure what a Co. Wicklow was) were a little confused, then angry, then confused again, then just went home.

GO IRELAND

So, look its been a long 8 years of Mr Bush (y'all), everyone is a bit tired and emotional, leave America alone, pick on someone not your own size like us, the Irish; we can't threaten you with bombs, but be-jaysus we'll take the p*ss out of you something rotten next time your in Dublin, and we will put nasties in your sausages.
    "We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Touchstone View Post
    Love for the country of your birth is an admirable trait and defending that country is as well.
    It is, if you'll forgive my contradicting you, a sickness which has cost a multitude of lives over the last few centuries. On the sports field it's considered uncouth. The way in which, time and again, self-important proud strutting military organizations have had their noses rubbed in their own widdle over the last fifty years can only be regarded as overdue and necessary. Long may it continue.
    The Taliban have expanded their footprint in Afghanistan and now have a permanent presence in nearly three-quarters of the country, according to a new report.

The Paris-based International Council on Security and Development, a think tank that maintains full-time offices in Afghanistan, said the Taliban have spread across much of the country and are beginning to encircle the capital, Kabul.

The group said Taliban fighters have advanced out of southern Afghanistan, a region where they often hold de facto governing power, and carry out regular attacks in western and northwestern Afghanistan as well as in and around Kabul. Taliban forces can be found in 72% of Afghanistan, up from 54% a year earlier.

Taliban Expanding Foothold in Afghanistan, Report Finds - WSJ.com
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-19-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Touchstone View Post
    As the member who posted the original thread, before I go to bed let me say something.

The thread sparked a very lively debate which cannot be a bad thing on a Forum like this.

Hey I'm not a Moderator but unfortunately some of the posts got a little too personal towards the end.

Men like Jester and I will always defend America against allcomers no matter what and us patriotic Americans sometimes get a little hot under the collar at times like this

I am pleased that more Americans stepped up to the plate at the end and voiced their own opinion.

God bless America!

Ryan.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by wildhorses View Post
    You can't defend your country by basing your armed forces on a different continent. All that does is breeds resentment and ill-will.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    09-19-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy butt View Post
    Oh dear, here we go, the cavalry is here.

No one has stated they have disrepected Jester as a soldier (although he knows my personal views on this ) No one has insulted him personally . But he did insult our soldiers.

But in saying that a soldiers standpoint is different to a generals and then again different to a politicians .
    One can only speak of their own experience and outlook, as our good friend jester is doing here . But lets not get that mixed up with politics and may I state .........WORLD WIDE VIEWS.
    Waaaa! Waaaa! Oh get over it. Arent your soldiers strong enough to take some bashing? Jester is telling the truth. You are all out of touch with reality. When your life is threatened you kill them before they kill you. If you dont have the guts you die instead. Its that simple. America has the guts.
    God Bless America.

Local Date
    09-19-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    You can't defend your country by basing your armed forces on a different continent. All that does is breeds resentment and ill-will.

If you dont like it....tough ****. We will defend ourselves the way we see fit. Ya all of you peons would like it if we did not defend ourselves. Thats the only way ANY of you can hope to have equal power. You cant bring yourselves up to our level of power, so you hope to god we fall or falter. Aint gonna happen. You dont want to like us? So be it. Who cares?

fuzzy butt

but neutral Ireland was having none of that, and we and Austria told the Indians in no uncertain terms that we would veto all of that shenanigans in the UN unless they increased the quality of the Chicken Khorma available in Bray, Co Wicklow
    My god I hope you guys know what your doing !!! Be careful driving hard bargains like that.....................This could mean War.

Bloody typical Irish <-----------------feel bettter now galbally? Oops 'ang on that's not good. Damn you Irish It's your fault I'm descended from you !!!!!

*kicking self purfusely.*

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    Don't be an ass dude!

Keep to the topic!
    That comment should of been directed to me Kev as It was me that went off topic and was joking with Ryan, he joked back about my avatar.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildhorses View Post
    If you dont like it....tough ****. We will defend ourselves the way we see fit. Ya all of you peons would like it if we did not defend ourselves. Thats the only way ANY of you can hope to have equal power. You cant bring yourselves up to our level of power, so you hope to god we fall or falter. Aint gonna happen. You dont want to like us? So be it. Who cares?
    The Internet's a wonderful teaching tool. Who would ever have thought Americans were really like this under that skim of civilization?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast