Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 405

Thread: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    31,529
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    12:01 PM

    Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Im given you the sarcasm point cuz yer wasiting yer time here talking to socialist europeans that have been beat down so many times they dont know what victory is.

    I applaude the try though.
    We do have rather a good track recored for actually winning our wars Jester.

    We also know a bum deal when we see one, hence our absence in Vietnam.

  2. #22
    Jester2
    Guest

    Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

    Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    We do have rather a good track recored for actually winning our wars Jester.

    We also know a bum deal when we see one, hence our absence in Vietnam.
    Well see if you helped in Vietnam maybe we wouldnt have decided to leave. And as I recall you've needed a bit of assitance in the wars you entered in the last 100years.

    And dont forget it took just a rag tag army in the 1770's to kick yer butts out of America too.

    Over there, Over there- they need help Over there! AGAIN.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Galbally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Republic of Ireland
    Posts
    9,813
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    01:01 PM

    Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Well see if you helped in Vietnam maybe we wouldnt have decided to leave. And as I recall you've needed a bit of assitance in the wars you entered in the last 100years.

    And dont forget it took just a rag tag army in the 1770's to kick yer butts out of America too.

    Over there, Over there- they need help Over there! AGAIN.
    You certainly did an enormous amount of fighting in WW II in Europe and helped secure Western Europe against German Facism and Russian Communism thank god. We don't forget that.

    Though as I recall in the War of Independence you did actually get quite a lot of help from the French to beat the British {which seems to have been conviniently airbrushed out of modern versions of US history, and the French (and France) has been turned from an ally Republic that always shared the American vision of freedom from tyrants, into a nation of effete traitorous whingers instead}.

    General Patton famously remarked in 1944 about how proud he was to help free the French homeland of General Layfayette, who as you know was instrumental in Washington's campaigns against Cornwallis, there is even a street named after him in New York. Or maybe you didn't know that.
    "We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

    Le Rochefoucauld.

    "A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

    My dad 1986.

  4. #24
    Member Lenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    53
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    01:01 PM

    Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

    It's not true that there are only two options - to win or to be defeated. The combat may be unresolved and this is exactly what is taking place in Iraq.

  5. #25
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    37,147
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    01:01 PM

    Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenn View Post
    It's not true that there are only two options - to win or to be defeated. The combat may be unresolved and this is exactly what is taking place in Iraq.
    What would your preferred outcome have been, Lenn? How could it have gone better from your point of view?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  6. #26
    fuzzy butt
    Guest

    Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

    People shouldn't go make "Hey" when the only reason for so called "helping people" is because of financial and economic reasons.

    so now America (apparently only America has "won?"...............sorry choking on coffee here ......hang on ...........

    Will they give back to the Iraqi people the gold, finery, art, and cultural icons taken from the countryduring this so called "helping campaign"?

    Gee I hope they do .......................Will it take long to give Iraq back to the Iraqi people? Now that they live in total annialation and fear because of the lies told in congress . will they get their country back?

    You don't WIN wars based on lires but hey keep kidding yourselves!!!!!

  7. #27
    fuzzy butt
    Guest

    Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

    And as I recall you've needed a bit of assitance in the wars you entered in the last 100years.
    Over there, Over there- they need help Over there! AGAIN.
    I see the smirk even if no one else does.
    What a slap in the face to every country involved in that war.

    Your president and country sat back and couldn't give a **** about what happened in europe and it was only after much consideration that your own president at that time siad he would only help for "purely economic reasons"
    do you realise AND YES IT"S IN YOUR ARCHIVES IN A LIBRARY ...GO CHECK that a few congressmen demanded the crown Jewels!!!!!!!! That's not helping that's holding a country to ransome and blackmail. but America recieved "IN GIFTS" almost everything else . And all you did was send two outdated destoyers to a place way out of the way of the initial fighting!!!! and sat back and said "we're helping" Get your head out of those stupid propaganda american war books and read something of substance.

    Oh yeah That's really helping and heartfelt!!!!!!!

    The Brits were the bravest people of all in that war how dare you mock them !!!!!
    You think you just came in and all was well? you've been watching too many John Wayne movies!!!!!! there were so many underground armies that the US now likes to call INSURGENTS that without them you and others wouldn't have had a damn snowflakes hope in hell of getting through to germany . They won the war not America, like all your damned movies say .

    You think because you helped that you won a war? Everyone is indebted to you .??? Australia sent more men per capita during both wars to help fight with our allies do you see us saying WE WON THE WAR CAUSE WE HELPED?

    america has dragged too many countries into war at a whim ................Maybe your allies should be saying that they won in Iraq because without them America wouldn't have had a chance!!! A couple of buildings get blown up and America screams "help us help us" like a little girl !!!! Britain was in total turmoil almost bombed out of existence during WW11 and you guys sat back and watched after repeated cries for help .

    dont you go bloody tootin your fricken horn because it would be very easy to embarrass you with your own literature, records, speeches, and reasons for War held in your own libraries and archives!!!!

    When I was in America I made a point of going to every library I could because the first one I went to didn't have any books on Vietnam...............WHY? so I made a point in going to others............Same deal !!!! What's wrong? didn't you like the
    outcome of that "police action"?

    but you insult everyone in the world with this?

    Over there, Over there- they need help Over there! AGAIN.

    you disgust me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    You havent won a War here you just successfully raped a country .

  8. #28
    Member Lenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    53
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    01:01 PM

    Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    What would your preferred outcome have been, Lenn? How could it have gone better from your point of view?
    Actually I cannot answer your question about my preferred outcome, 'cause I have been against this war from day one. I can only suppose that it would have gone better if it had required less victims, less material loss etc., but this is a general statement that can apply to all wars. The problem is this war was not properly justified, from its very beginning. - WMD was not found and it seems it was nothing but a big hoax. Nevertheless, America has shown the enormous power and efficiency of its justice system - performing the capital punishment on totally helpless and weaponless Sadam Hussein. And perhaps this is what they want to show.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Bryn Mawr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    15,693
    Local Date
    06-01-2020
    Local Time
    01:01 PM

    Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Touchstone View Post
    By every measure, The United States and coalition forces have conclusively defeated all enemies in Iraq, pacified the country, deposed the previous regime, successfully helped to establish a new functioning democratic government, and suppressed any lingering insurgencies. The war has come to an end. And we won.

    What more indication do you need? An announcement from the outgoing Bush administration? It's not gonna happen. An announcement from the incoming Obama administration? That's really not gonna happen. A declaration of victory by the media? Please. Don't make me laugh. A concession of surrender by what few remaining insurgents remain in hiding? Forget about it.

    The moment has come to acknowledge the obvious. To overtly declare a fact that has already been true for quite some time now. Let me repeat:

    WE WON THE WAR IN IRAQ
    I am waiting to see the Coalition forces leave Iraq and the country to remain peaceful and stable.

    Until that happens I will not acknowledge that the war is over and, given the number of dead civilians caused by the invasion, I would sill argue against the moral validity of the invasion.

  10. #30
    Jester2
    Guest

    Re: We Won ... The Iraq War Is Over.

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy butt View Post
    I see the smirk even if no one else does.
    What a slap in the face to every country involved in that war.

    Your president and country sat back and couldn't give a **** about what happened in europe and it was only after much consideration that your own president at that time siad he would only help for "purely economic reasons"
    do you realise AND YES IT"S IN YOUR ARCHIVES IN A LIBRARY ...GO CHECK that a few congressmen demanded the crown Jewels!!!!!!!! That's not helping that's holding a country to ransome and blackmail. but America recieved "IN GIFTS" almost everything else . And all you did was send two outdated destoyers to a place way out of the way of the initial fighting!!!! and sat back and said "we're helping" Get your head out of those stupid propaganda american war books and read something of substance.

    Oh yeah That's really helping and heartfelt!!!!!!!

    The Brits were the bravest people of all in that war how dare you mock them !!!!!
    You think you just came in and all was well? you've been watching too many John Wayne movies!!!!!! there were so many underground armies that the US now likes to call INSURGENTS that without them you and others wouldn't have had a damn snowflakes hope in hell of getting through to germany . They won the war not America, like all your damned movies say .

    You think because you helped that you won a war? Everyone is indebted to you .??? Australia sent more men per capita during both wars to help fight with our allies do you see us saying WE WON THE WAR CAUSE WE HELPED?

    america has dragged too many countries into war at a whim ................Maybe your allies should be saying that they won in Iraq because without them America wouldn't have had a chance!!! A couple of buildings get blown up and America screams "help us help us" like a little girl !!!! Britain was in total turmoil almost bombed out of existence during WW11 and you guys sat back and watched after repeated cries for help .

    dont you go bloody tootin your fricken horn because it would be very easy to embarrass you with your own literature, records, speeches, and reasons for War held in your own libraries and archives!!!!

    When I was in America I made a point of going to every library I could because the first one I went to didn't have any books on Vietnam...............WHY? so I made a point in going to others............Same deal !!!! What's wrong? didn't you like the
    outcome of that "police action"?

    but you insult everyone in the world with this?




    you disgust me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    You havent won a War here you just successfully raped a country .

    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

    When the few birts/euros here who bash america constantly get off thier high horse I'll stop being such a jerk about it all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. war in iraq
    By LT flora in forum Islam
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 07:11 AM
  2. My son is going to Iraq again.
    By Raven in forum Members' News
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 05:27 PM
  3. The Iraq War
    By Specfiction in forum Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 09:51 AM
  4. The War in Iraq
    By MOTime in forum Warfare & Military
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 11:01 AM
  5. SIL to Iraq
    By nvalleyvee in forum Warfare & Military
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 07:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts