Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Another truly sad day in Toronto.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    03:20 AM

    Another truly sad day in Toronto.

    As I watched our Toronto news tonight, our 'Highway of Heroes', from Trenton Ontario to Toronto on the 401 brought 3 more caskets of 3 young soldiers killed in Afganastan back onto Canadian soil.

    This now totals 100 of our brave heroes whom have lost their lives.

    Thousands participated in freezing cold temperatures, along the 401 and bridges to pay tribute and respect for them.

    R.I.P.






    CTV.ca | Fallen soldiers to travel Highway of Heroes today
    Three Canadians killed in Afghanistan last week are expected to arrive back on Canadian soil today.
    CTV.ca | Hundreds greet fallen soldiers on Highway of Heroes - 6 hours ago - Similar pages -

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    31,529
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    08:20 AM

    Re: Another truly sad day in Toronto.

    Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    As I watched our Toronto news tonight, our 'Highway of Heroes', from Trenton Ontario to Toronto on the 401 brought 3 more caskets of 3 young soldiers killed in Afganastan back onto Canadian soil.

    This now totals 100 of our brave heroes whom have lost their lives.

    Thousands participated in freezing cold temperatures, along the 401 and bridges to pay tribute and respect for them.

    R.I.P.






    CTV.ca | Fallen soldiers to travel Highway of Heroes today
    Three Canadians killed in Afghanistan last week are expected to arrive back on Canadian soil today.
    CTV.ca | Hundreds greet fallen soldiers on Highway of Heroes - 6 hours ago - Similar pages -
    It's certainly a sad sight Odie.

    R.I.P.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    03:20 AM

    Re: Another truly sad day in Toronto.

    Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    It's certainly a sad sight Odie.

    R.I.P.
    thanks hun.....this war has gone way beyond its time.

  4. #4
    Junior Member Jenn1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    03:20 AM

    Re: Another truly sad day in Toronto.

    This saddens me, as i have a bil in the armed forces. He is scheduled to go on his next tour within the year.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    03:20 AM

    Re: Another truly sad day in Toronto.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn1980 View Post
    This saddens me, as i have a bil in the armed forces. He is scheduled to go on his next tour within the year.
    who is scheduled?

    sorry, didn't understand what you meant.

  6. #6
    Senior Member southern yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Butte La Rose, La.
    Posts
    3,999
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    12:20 AM

    Re: Another truly sad day in Toronto.

    Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    As I watched our Toronto news tonight, our 'Highway of Heroes', from Trenton Ontario to Toronto on the 401 brought 3 more caskets of 3 young soldiers killed in Afganastan back onto Canadian soil.

    This now totals 100 of our brave heroes whom have lost their lives.

    Thousands participated in freezing cold temperatures, along the 401 and bridges to pay tribute and respect for them.

    R.I.P.






    CTV.ca | Fallen soldiers to travel Highway of Heroes today
    Three Canadians killed in Afghanistan last week are expected to arrive back on Canadian soil today.
    CTV.ca | Hundreds greet fallen soldiers on Highway of Heroes - 6 hours ago - Similar pages -
    hopefully all this bloodshed will end very soon

  7. #7
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    03:20 AM

    Re: Another truly sad day in Toronto.

    Quote Originally Posted by southern yankee View Post
    hopefully all this bloodshed will end very soon
    should never have started!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,019
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    12:20 AM

    Re: Another truly sad day in Toronto.

    Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    should never have started!
    As the main objective of entering Afghanistan being the detection, capture or death of Osma Bin Laden, the death toll seems futile. I myself do not believe Bin Laden is even in Afghanistan, probably smuggled across the Pakistan or Syrian borders long ago. His absence from video threats to the west even makes me wonder if he is indeed still alive, having died from kidney failure or fatally wounded in the initial bombing of the Tora Bora caves.

    However,

    Since December 5th 2008 there have been 955 coalition casualty's in Afghanistan.

    America 560
    Uk 128
    Canada 100
    Australia 7 to quote a few figures.

    Al-Quaeda will continue to be with or without Bin Laden. We would be more advised investing the cost of this futile presence on intelligence to track down Al-Quaeda at cell level in every western country, not putting more lives at risk for the capture of one so elusive.

    The sight of any coffin coming home is distressing, we have our share here, so our thoughts are with the family's as always.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    03:20 AM

    Re: Another truly sad day in Toronto.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lake View Post
    As the main objective of entering Afghanistan being the detection, capture or death of Osma Bin Laden, the death toll seems futile. I myself do not believe Bin Laden is even in Afghanistan, probably smuggled across the Pakistan or Syrian borders long ago. His absence from video threats to the west even makes me wonder if he is indeed still alive, having died from kidney failure or fatally wounded in the initial bombing of the Tora Bora caves.

    However,

    Since December 5th 2008 there have been 955 coalition casualty's in Afghanistan.

    America 560
    Uk 128
    Canada 100
    Australia 7 to quote a few figures.

    Al-Quaeda will continue to be with or without Bin Laden. We would be more advised investing the cost of this futile presence on intelligence to track down Al-Quaeda at cell level in every western country, not putting more lives at risk for the capture of one so elusive.

    The sight of any coffin coming home is distressing, we have our share here, so our thoughts are with the family's as always.


    I never believed Bin Laden was anywhere near Alfganastan....he is to smart to have stayed there.


    These are updated results of everyone lost in the war, its a far cry from the ones we just hear about on the news.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    At least 716,760 people have been killed, and
    1,397,255 seriously injured in Afghanistan and Iraq
    since the U.S. and coalition attacks, based on lowest credible estimates.

    Casualties in Afghanistan Casualties in Iraq

    Most recent update: December 10, 2008.
    This page is updated monthly.


    # Casualties in Afghanistan:
    Afghan troops killed: 8,587 Afghan troops seriously injured: 25,761
    Afghan civilians killed: 3,485 Afghan civilians seriously injured: 6,273
    U.S. troops killed: 556 U.S. troops seriously injured: 1,668
    Other coalition troops killed: 399 Other coalition troops seriously injured: 1,197
    Contractors killed: 75 Contractors seriously injured: 2,428
    Journalists killed: 6 Journalists seriously injured: unknown

    Total killed in Afghanistan: 13,108 Total injured in Afghanistan: 37,327

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    # Casualties in Iraq:

    Iraqi troops killed: 30,000 Iraqi troops seriously injured: 90,000
    Iraqi civilians killed: 668,051 Iraqi civilians seriously injured: 1,202,491
    U.S. troops killed: 4,209 U.S. troops seriously injured: 55,923
    Other coalition troops killed: 315 Other coalition troops seriously injured: 945
    Contractors killed: 917 Contractors seriously injured: 10,569
    Journalists killed: 160 Journalists seriously injured: unknown

    Total killed in Iraq: 703,652 Total injured in Iraq: 1,359,928


    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    really makes one think.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,019
    Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    12:20 AM

    Re: Another truly sad day in Toronto.

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    I never believed Bin Laden was anywhere near Alfganastan....he is to smart to have stayed there.


    These are updated results of everyone lost in the war, its a far cry from the ones we just hear about on the news.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    At least 716,760 people have been killed, and
    1,397,255 seriously injured in Afghanistan and Iraq
    since the U.S. and coalition attacks, based on lowest credible estimates.

    Casualties in Afghanistan Casualties in Iraq

    Most recent update: December 10, 2008.
    This page is updated monthly.


    # Casualties in Afghanistan:
    Afghan troops killed: 8,587 Afghan troops seriously injured: 25,761
    Afghan civilians killed: 3,485 Afghan civilians seriously injured: 6,273
    U.S. troops killed: 556 U.S. troops seriously injured: 1,668
    Other coalition troops killed: 399 Other coalition troops seriously injured: 1,197
    Contractors killed: 75 Contractors seriously injured: 2,428
    Journalists killed: 6 Journalists seriously injured: unknown

    Total killed in Afghanistan: 13,108 Total injured in Afghanistan: 37,327

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    # Casualties in Iraq:

    Iraqi troops killed: 30,000 Iraqi troops seriously injured: 90,000
    Iraqi civilians killed: 668,051 Iraqi civilians seriously injured: 1,202,491
    U.S. troops killed: 4,209 U.S. troops seriously injured: 55,923
    Other coalition troops killed: 315 Other coalition troops seriously injured: 945
    Contractors killed: 917 Contractors seriously injured: 10,569
    Journalists killed: 160 Journalists seriously injured: unknown

    Total killed in Iraq: 703,652 Total injured in Iraq: 1,359,928


    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    really makes one think.
    My figures are probably press related and i doubt they want us knowing the full horror.
    It is just astonishing that this is the outcome of the detection of one man. It really is time to let go and concentrate on bringing troops home safely and invest in intelligence.
    The news today that the capture of Al-Quaeda terrorists planning an attack on Gordon Brown at the EU summit will prove that terrorism is indeed within all western county's and not Afghanistan or even Iraq. The press are reporting that the bombers were possibly trained in Pakistan or Iraq and this is unfortunate. It can only stir up the arguements to stay out there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. new kid in town from Toronto, HI!
    By Odie in forum Introductions
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 08:12 AM
  2. another Toronto driving idiot here!
    By Odie in forum Current Political Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 07:16 AM
  3. A normal snowstorm day in Toronto.
    By Odie in forum Current Political Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 10:21 PM
  4. Toronto.............still more deaths
    By Odie in forum Current Political Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 11:12 AM
  5. Toronto B&B
    By forsaken in forum Travel & Vacation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2005, 02:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts