Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Snow

  1. #1
    Member skinsguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    98
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Snow

    We have not had a good snowfall in Southside VA in years! In the last three years, Martinsville, VA might have had 5 inches total! Well, we made up for it yesterday and last night! I'm home from work today.....we had around 8 inches of snow! Of course, most of us are not prepared for such a snowfall....especially since it's March now! Funny thing...by Saturday....it's supposed to be 70 degrees...lol!!!!
    Thanks,
    Skinsguy

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,428
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Re: Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
    We have not had a good snowfall in Southside VA in years! In the last three years, Martinsville, VA might have had 5 inches total! Well, we made up for it yesterday and last night! I'm home from work today.....we had around 8 inches of snow! Of course, most of us are not prepared for such a snowfall....especially since it's March now! Funny thing...by Saturday....it's supposed to be 70 degrees...lol!!!!
    That storm is still with us at the mo. 6" so far for the Philadelphia burbs and Noo Joisey got more than we did. Snow on the boardwalk. It is freezing out with howling winds.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Hope6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,054
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Re: Snow

    hubby went out and measured ours in the front yard this morning, 9 inches!

  4. #4
    Member skinsguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    98
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Re: Snow

    I don't mind seeing a good snowfall, since it doesn't snow that much here anymore. But, when you finally get into the month of March (my birthday month..yeh) then you start looking forward to springtime!

    It's weird to think that by Saturday, I'll be outside in short sleeves!
    Thanks,
    Skinsguy

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,428
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Re: Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
    I don't mind seeing a good snowfall, since it doesn't snow that much here anymore. But, when you finally get into the month of March (my birthday month..yeh) then you start looking forward to springtime!

    It's weird to think that by Saturday, I'll be outside in short sleeves!
    My birthday is in March too and it has snowed on that day before. 1993 we got a white hurricane thanks to you folks in the South. That storm left us with a foot of snow that didn't melt until April.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Hope6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,054
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Re: Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
    I don't mind seeing a good snowfall, since it doesn't snow that much here anymore. But, when you finally get into the month of March (my birthday month..yeh) then you start looking forward to springtime!

    It's weird to think that by Saturday, I'll be outside in short sleeves!
    its been years since we've had a snowfall of this size, but yeah its really weird to think its gonna be 70 by Saturday!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,428
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Re: Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
    I don't mind seeing a good snowfall, since it doesn't snow that much here anymore. But, when you finally get into the month of March (my birthday month..yeh) then you start looking forward to springtime!

    It's weird to think that by Saturday, I'll be outside in short sleeves!
    Only 43 degrees here on Friday. Nothing to brag about

  8. #8
    Member skinsguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    98
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Re: Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by qsducks View Post
    My birthday is in March too and it has snowed on that day before. 1993 we got a white hurricane thanks to you folks in the South. That storm left us with a foot of snow that didn't melt until April.
    Well before I forget, Happy Birthday to ya! My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day! You know how I'm celebrating it? Having to go on a business trip to Baltimore with my boss! Fun, fun, fun!
    Thanks,
    Skinsguy

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,428
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    01:13 AM

    Re: Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
    Well before I forget, Happy Birthday to ya! My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day! You know how I'm celebrating it? Having to go on a business trip to Baltimore with my boss! Fun, fun, fun!
    Mine is the Friday before yours so watch out for black cats, cracked mirrors & don't walk under any ladders. The 13th

  10. #10
    I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    33,616
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    12:13 AM

    Re: Snow

    Register to remove this ad.
    Oh, Ravens territory.

    We got out of school today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Getting SNOW??
    By southern yankee in forum Mid West
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 04:38 PM
  2. Snow!
    By Pinky in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 12:28 PM
  3. Some snow for you all
    By minks in forum Photography & More
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 01:45 PM
  4. snow and more snow
    By thomas40 in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 02:18 PM
  5. Snow
    By SnoozeControl in forum This Deserves A Caption
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 07:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts