Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: oh no its nearly red nose day the AA grumpy column

nottinghamshire home of robin hood and those men in tights
    Local Date
    06-02-2020
    Local Time
    03:08 PM

oh no its nearly red nose day the AA grumpy column

bah humbug its your every ranting grumps here.
    my daughter brought home a newsletter today from school reminding us of that terrible day when sir scruffy geldof and his cronies are joined by celebs with nothing better to do and go on the cadge for red nose day.
    if we are not inundated with collection bags and tv adverts for the various charitys we are bombarded on the bbc by do gooders scrounging on behalf of africans
    half of which are over here now the cheeky b******s are asking us to feed the rest of the family at home.
    how much more of our money do we have to keep pouring down the bottomless african sink ?
    think about it how much money have we poured into india or africa ?
    enough to get the country back on its feet yet they still hold out the begging bowl and ask for more yet they still keep breeding kids when they know they cannot afford to feed them.
    at the minute aids and other disease is rife in africa good because dont you think its natures way of trying to get the population down ? theres just too many mouths to feed.
    have you also noticed how they always show crying african childen find the skinnyest child in the village make them cry and cleverly show us that image
    to appeal to our oh the poor thing side before going on the earole to ask for cash.
    do something silly for red nose day and keep your cash in your pocket .
    dont pledge dont give dont wear the silly red nose because they,ll be back next year and the year after that you,ll be feeding africa for the rest of your life.
    alternativly if you must donate send them a packet of mates condoms
    AAG

Local Date
    06-02-2020
    Local Time
    04:08 PM

Re: oh no its nearly red nose day the AA grumpy column

What a despicable post!

Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    02:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by abbey View Post
    What a despicable post!
    I agree...disgusting

Local Date
    06-02-2020
    Local Time
    11:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by kayleneaussie View Post
    I agree...disgusting
    I'm sure if he was broke, homeless and out of a job you can bet he would have his hand out.

Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    02:08 AM

we have red nose day over here every year and I always donate even if I am broke because it for children

Local Date
    06-02-2020
    Local Time
    11:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by kayleneaussie View Post
    we have red nose day over here every year and I always donate even if I am broke because it for children
    So do I Kay and I also donate all my kids clothes to thrift stores, etc. I don't need the money.

Local Date
    06-02-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by pantoandy View Post
    they still keep breeding kids when they know they cannot afford to feed them.
    at the minute aids and other disease is rife in africa good because dont you think its natures way of trying to get the population down ? theres just too many mouths to feed.
    In Africa whole families live together. The grandparents, who can no longer work, care for the babies. The parents and the children, from toddlers upwards, will farm the land. If there were just 2 adults, say, and their parents, the adults would have to grow, water and harvest enough food for 6 people, but when they have children they can grow more crops. Once you have several children you can grow more food than you need. These crops, once harvested, can be sold at the local market. The farmer can buy a selection of crops/foods produced by other farmers so that his family can have a more balanced diet. More children mean the farmer can grow enough crops to sell so that he can actually save some money. Saved money can eventually buy a cow so that he can feed his children milk, butter, cheese, yogurt, etc. Even more children would make him even more money which would eventually buy him a second cow and he could then sell the excess milk, butter, cheese etc.

Children in Africa are considered to be a source of wealth! Because having more children means you can farm more land and so make more money.

Why then, you ask, aren't they all stonking rich?

Because back in the 60s, 70s and 80s we had lots of ideas to help the starving in Africa. This was the Green Revolution. Firstly there was the idea of sending tractors and combine harvesters etc, to help them work faster and farm more. Sadly nobody thought about these big machines needing petrol (gas) and so the machines are left in barns or in fields to rust as no one can use them. However, the machines still need to be paid for. We in the West told the third world how to improve their lives, insisted they import the machines and are now demanding payment. It doesn't maatter that they can't use them. It doesn't matter that they didn't ask for them. We still want our money back.

An African earns just a few pennies a day, but because they are proud they usually give more than half of each days pennies back to the West to pay off their 'debt'. This is money they need desperately to buy seeds to grow crops with or for clothes and food for their families, but they cannot bear to be in debt and they will not renege on their debt and so their families starve so they can pay us back what we insist they 'owe' because of our mistakes.

There were also the crops we invented in greenhouses in the West. Crops that grew at superfast rates in artificial conditions. We sent them thousands of tonnes of seeds to grow these crops and insisted everyone grow them and have lots of food. So everyone grew the seeds and yes, they grew fast. Unfortunately the crops produced contained NO nutritional content, were hard to cook and almost impossible to digest. Also, no one could sell them at market because everyone had grown the same crops and everyone had too much of this one inedible crop and nothing else. So there was no balanced diet, there was just nothing for anyone to eat!

And , of course, we charged them for all the seeds we sent. And for the cost of sending and distributing them. For decades we have been telling them how to improve their lives without understanding how they live. We try to make them conform and we basically ******* it up for them!

And then we make them pay for it!

'Sir Scruffy Geldof' said we should cancel this debt to the West. After all, it's our fault they owe us so much money. But the greedy West with its throwaway culture refused to cancel the debt. We want our pound of flesh.

Moving on, yes, AIDS is rife in Africa. Many people have the disease. Doctors are few and far between in Africa but most villages have their own witch doctor and most villagers trust their witch doctors more than they trust western doctors. According to a documentary I watched, the witch doctors tell the AIDS victims that to rid themselves of the disease they must rape a virgin! Because Africans become sexually active at a young age these men had to begin raping children, now they rape babies, even those only a few weeks old! Thats why the disease is so rife in Africa! And of course, they don't just rape one baby! The more babies raped, the more chance of getting rid of the disease! According to their all-powerful witch doctors!

Too many people agree with the OP's point of view without understanding the reasons behind the ongoing crisis. You can't slag something off, you can't even give an opinion, if you don't really understand the situation. Sadly, most people in the world do just that. Slate something without bothering to find out the facts first. We all do it. I do it. But I hope in this instance I've given you a different viewpoint to consider before you make such arrogant and unfounded assumptions again. I always enjoy your posts, but I didn't enjoy this one.

Local Date
    06-02-2020
    Local Time

Good post Rap.

Local Date
    06-02-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by abbey View Post
    Good post Rap.
    Thanks sweetie. Hope it helps.

Local Date
    06-02-2020
    Local Time
    03:08 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by pantoandy View Post
    bah humbug its your every ranting grumps here.
    my daughter brought home a newsletter today from school reminding us of that terrible day when sir scruffy geldof and his cronies are joined by celebs with nothing better to do and go on the cadge for red nose day.
    if we are not inundated with collection bags and tv adverts for the various charitys we are bombarded on the bbc by do gooders scrounging on behalf of africans
    half of which are over here now the cheeky b******s are asking us to feed the rest of the family at home.
    how much more of our money do we have to keep pouring down the bottomless african sink ?
    think about it how much money have we poured into india or africa ?
    enough to get the country back on its feet yet they still hold out the begging bowl and ask for more yet they still keep breeding kids when they know they cannot afford to feed them.
    have you also noticed how they always show crying african childen find the skinnyest child in the village make them cry and cleverly show us that image
    to appeal to our oh the poor thing side before going on the earole to ask for cash.
    do something silly for red nose day and keep your cash in your pocket .
    dont pledge dont give dont wear the silly red nose because they,ll be back next year and the year after that you,ll be feeding africa for the rest of your life.
    alternativly if you must donate send them a packet of mates condoms
    AAG
    How very sad

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast