Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Little Treasures

  1. #1
    anomaly
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,772
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    07:06 PM

    Little Treasures

    I bought a clock from an antique store yesterday. It's a dark wood box with Roman numeral face. The front panel opens and there's a jewelery box inside. Freakin' cool!

    Now I can hide all my expensive jewelery inside the clock and, if I get robbed, no one will know.... oh, damn.

    um.


    forget it.




    it's a cool clock though.
    and I don't own any expensive jewelery. Honest.

  2. #2
    LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LOOK BEHIND YOU
    Posts
    25,797
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    08:06 PM

    Re: Little Treasures

    Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    I bought a clock from an antique store yesterday. It's a dark wood box with Roman numeral face. The front panel opens and there's a jewelery box inside. Freakin' cool!

    Now I can hide all my expensive jewelery inside the clock and, if I get robbed, no one will know.... oh, damn.

    um.


    forget it.




    it's a cool clock though.
    and I don't own any expensive jewelery. Honest.
    I hide my valuables in a fake Campbells soup can. Cream of Asparagus.
    The bottom unscrews.
    They have lettuce security keepers too. Very covert.

  3. #3
    BORN TO BE A RED! abbey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    UP NORTH
    Posts
    15,248
    Local Date
    12-16-2019
    Local Time
    03:06 AM

    Re: Little Treasures

    Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    I bought a clock from an antique store yesterday. It's a dark wood box with Roman numeral face. The front panel opens and there's a jewelery box inside. Freakin' cool!

    Now I can hide all my expensive jewelery inside the clock and, if I get robbed, no one will know.... oh, damn.

    um.


    forget it.




    it's a cool clock though.
    and I don't own any expensive jewelery. Honest.
    Good idea, unless of course they steal the clock.

  4. #4
    anomaly
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,772
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    07:06 PM

    Re: Little Treasures

    There was some quotation I came across to the effect of; Everything in your home should either have an immediately apparent use or be something you enjoy looking at.

    I've been needing a clock for awhile but didn't take to anything I saw in the stores until now. Glad I waited.

    The best way to find little treasures is to go shopping with nothing specific in mind and let discovery guide your hand. My favourite possessions have been things I happened across by chance.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,428
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    10:06 PM

    Re: Little Treasures

    I agree with you there Koan. And the thrift stores always have a great "find". Got my daughter a wicker mirror for $10

  6. #6
    The Magus G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,530
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    06:06 PM

    Re: Little Treasures

    Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    There was some quotation I came across to the effect of; Everything in your home should either have an immediately apparent use or be something you enjoy looking at.

    I've been needing a clock for awhile but didn't take to anything I saw in the stores until now. Glad I waited.

    The best way to find little treasures is to go shopping with nothing specific in mind and let discovery guide your hand. My favourite possessions have been things I happened across by chance.
    Well, the antique clock fits both of those and it's an investment and even more importantly it's "Freakin' cool", so excellent job!

    Signature text removed at the request of a member.

    Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,428
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    10:06 PM

    Re: Little Treasures

    Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Well, the antique clock fits both of those and it's an investment and even more importantly it's "Freakin' cool", so excellent job!
    I can hide money behind the mirror

  8. #8
    LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LOOK BEHIND YOU
    Posts
    25,797
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    08:06 PM

    Re: Little Treasures


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,428
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    10:06 PM

    Re: Little Treasures

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    What kind of soup is that? Well, I guess it doesn't matter since I like what's in the can BETTER!!!!

  10. #10
    Supporting Member along-for-the-ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    on the road of life
    Posts
    11,792
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    09:06 PM

    Re: Little Treasures

    Register to remove this ad.
    Sounds like a sweet find, Koan.

    We were burglarized several years ago at our home. The only thing that was taken at that time was the jewelry box Hubby gave me that Christmas WITH all the jewelry inside. The jewelry had more sentimental value to me than monetary. Never recovered the box or the jewelry. Hubby and I believe to this day that the burglar knew that the jewelry box existed and knew exactly where it was. Word of mouth..because only family members knew about it.

    Just a friendly word of warning.
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lifes little treasures.
    By fuzzywuzzy in forum Welcome To My Day!
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-23-2018, 06:22 AM
  2. The 6 World Treasures You Want
    By RedGlitter in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 01:35 PM
  3. Treasures of Afghanistan
    By RedGlitter in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 08:58 PM
  4. secret treasures
    By buttercup in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 12:38 PM
  5. Keepsakes and Treasures
    By AussiePam in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 01:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts