Thread: Weird Laws

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    03:29 PM

Re: Weird Laws

Quote Originally Posted by jakintosh
    i think the best site for these are www.dumblaws.com

i remember reading a ton like these. they're hilarious.
    -----------------------------------
    www.thecampusforum.com
    I just went to that site. Its good. thanks. I read the laws on Oklahoma and really some of them are real. But most are ignored. They had a hard time deciding what to do about closing hours of clubs as opposed to beer bars. We had no open saloons here but you could buy a drink at a dinner club. For a time you could only get a drink at a dinner club if you brought your own bottle and they made drinks from that. Or they would chill your wine for you and serve it. And i think it is still illegal to dance where they sell drinks. But that is done all the time.

SnoozeControl

In San Francisco, it is illegal to wipe one's car with used underwear.

I make sure I only use new undies when I wipe cars down in SF.

KarazePapa

Another site to look for weird laws is : http://www.dribbleglass.com/subpages/laws.htm

Some interesting Montana Laws.

It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone.
    It is a felony for a wife to open her husband's mail.
    It is a misdemeanor to show movies that depict acts of felonious crime.
    In Montana, it is illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays, and illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all.
    It is illegal for a man and a woman to have sex in any other position other than missionary style.
    Seven or more indians are considered a raiding or war party and it is legal to shoot them.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeControl
    In San Francisco, it is illegal to wipe one's car with used underwear.

I make sure I only use new undies when I wipe cars down in SF.
    More money in it if you sell used undies than using them to wipe windows. I saw a web site tha two women were selling used undies. I wonder if the US post office allows them to send in the mail. FEDEX them I guess.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf7722
    i wounder if those laws are true. or is someone just making them up. the hawaii one sounds to far fetched for me.
    I have to wonder if all these are true too. If they are there had to be some weird court case about them to cause them to pass a law. I assume these are city laws, not state or federal. I expect one could appeal to a higher court and get most of these overturned if you wanted to spend the money for a lawyer. If the fine was like ten dollars I doubt anyone would hire a lawyer.

SnoozeControl

Quote Originally Posted by Okie
    More money in it if you sell used undies than using them to wipe windows. I saw a web site tha two women were selling used undies. I wonder if the US post office allows them to send in the mail. FEDEX them I guess.
    I was in a forum years ago that had some "interesting" people in it... one guy wanted to know if I'd sell him some dirty undies. I thought it was just an off color joke, but apparently he was serious. I left shortly after that.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    01:29 PM

Just Alittle Update.. The 2 Laws Listed For Alberta AND CANADA Are Not True. Not Even Alittle Bit True.

british Columbia, Canada .. It Is Illegal To Kill A Sasquatch

alberta, Canada .. If You Are Released From Prison, It Is Required That You Are Given A Handgun With Bullets And A Horse, So You Can Ride Out Of Town.

uxbridge, Canada .. Residents Are Not Allowed To Have An Internet Connection Faster Than 56k

Just Because You Can Do Something In The Uk Doesn't Mean It's Ok In Another Country.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf7722 View Post
    i wounder if those laws are true. or is someone just making them up. the hawaii one sounds to far fetched for me.
    I live in Oklahoma and I had not heard of that law about making a face at a dog. Not smart in any case. I do happen to know of a small town in Kansas that passed a law making it mandatory that every household have a gun. But they sort of backpedaled on it when put under fire. They said not if you were mentally unstable. Later they killed that law. The fine was to be like $10 if you did not own a gun.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by KarazePapa View Post
    Another site to look for weird laws is : http://www.dribbleglass.com/subpages/laws.htm

Some interesting Montana Laws.

It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone.
    It is a felony for a wife to open her husband's mail.
    It is a misdemeanor to show movies that depict acts of felonious crime.
    In Montana, it is illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays, and illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all.
    It is illegal for a man and a woman to have sex in any other position other than missionary style.
    Seven or more indians are considered a raiding or war party and it is legal to shoot them.
    I have to wonder how they intend to check to see how you have sex? I recently saw a news item stating that only 75% of men and women wash their hands after using the toilet. I have to wonder how they know that. Surely they do not have cameras in all the toilets in businesses and homes. Maybe it was a poll somewhere that told them that. No one asked me.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    01:29 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    OMG some of these current laws are just dumb. i love history, so it was great learning about the old laws back in the day. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast