Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: New Position Proposal

  1. #1
    I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    33,616
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    01:52 PM

    New Position Proposal

    Well, the principal called me into her office today-and offered me a position at my school teaching science with a definite increase in a position of authority. I had a hint of it during the day, but did not know what to think about it until I heard it. I have a day to think of it.

    She was very nice, and it makes me wonder how things turned out this way. I was a statistical figure to cut from the staff, until a vacancy appeared. I've done several interviews, but have had no replies yet. I wonder if we were placed on hold on purpose until population figures/staffing bottomed out.

    I think it would be nice to stay at my school, I really did not want to go. The extra duties would be time consuming, but I would have had there anywhere I would have went.

    What would you have thought if you knew you had to go-then were told you had a chance to stay?

    I always appreciate input as I ponder this tonight.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bill Sikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Not far away
    Posts
    5,469
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    10:22 PM

    Re: New Position Proposal

    Go for it immediately. You can always do something about it later, but grasp the moment. If you don't, you will either be "out", or going nowhere ever again.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bryn Mawr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    15,593
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    06:52 PM

    Re: New Position Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by chonsigirl View Post
    Well, the principal called me into her office today-and offered me a position at my school teaching science with a definite increase in a position of authority. I had a hint of it during the day, but did not know what to think about it until I heard it. I have a day to think of it.

    She was very nice, and it makes me wonder how things turned out this way. I was a statistical figure to cut from the staff, until a vacancy appeared. I've done several interviews, but have had no replies yet. I wonder if we were placed on hold on purpose until population figures/staffing bottomed out.

    I think it would be nice to stay at my school, I really did not want to go. The extra duties would be time consuming, but I would have had there anywhere I would have went.

    What would you have thought if you knew you had to go-then were told you had a chance to stay?

    I always appreciate input as I ponder this tonight.
    How does the level of responsibility / authority stack up against the school farther away with the good discipline?

    I know it's measuring the known against the new but, if you're stepping up a grade, doing so with well behaved pupils would be a distinct advantage.

  4. #4
    superstar minks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    26,259
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    11:52 AM

    Re: New Position Proposal

    I think yes take it Chonsi, you know the school, staff, kids, area etc. It is a sure thing. Yes yes yes. That is my vote. And Congrats if you take it
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

  5. #5
    I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    33,616
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    01:52 PM

    Re: New Position Proposal

    I thought of you minks when I wrote this. You stayed where you were, with all the changes. Did it turn out all right for now?

  6. #6
    superstar minks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    26,259
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    11:52 AM

    Re: New Position Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by chonsigirl View Post
    I thought of you minks when I wrote this. You stayed where you were, with all the changes. Did it turn out all right for now?
    So far so good yes, I am still employed while others were laid off and I am glad I stayed because I could have been a member of the last hired first fired at a different place. Given my extra duties has kept my days filled too and I think I proved to the company that they made the right choice when they let my co-worker go who was not as wide spread with his skills as myself.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

  7. #7
    I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    33,616
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    01:52 PM

    Re: New Position Proposal

    I'm glad it turned out for you, minks. I think this will be a good thing to do, because I will get to stay with my students and do some other things that are good to learn.

  8. #8
    Bucket List Ticks mrsK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,421
    Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time
    04:52 AM

    Re: New Position Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by chonsigirl View Post
    I'm glad it turned out for you, minks. I think this will be a good thing to do, because I will get to stay with my students and do some other things that are good to learn.

    I would stay & congratulations I am happy for you
    It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.

  9. #9
    Senior Member buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,130
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    07:52 PM

    Re: New Position Proposal

    Better the devil you know

  10. #10
    Senior Member Odie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,118
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    01:52 PM

    Re: New Position Proposal

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by chonsigirl View Post
    Well, the principal called me into her office today-and offered me a position at my school teaching science with a definite increase in a position of authority. I had a hint of it during the day, but did not know what to think about it until I heard it. I have a day to think of it.

    She was very nice, and it makes me wonder how things turned out this way. I was a statistical figure to cut from the staff, until a vacancy appeared. I've done several interviews, but have had no replies yet. I wonder if we were placed on hold on purpose until population figures/staffing bottomed out.

    I think it would be nice to stay at my school, I really did not want to go. The extra duties would be time consuming, but I would have had there anywhere I would have went.

    What would you have thought if you knew you had to go-then were told you had a chance to stay?

    I always appreciate input as I ponder this tonight.


    hmmmmmmmmmm that's a tough one.

    -consider what you had been through.

    the pain, the hurt, the anger.............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Missionary Position
    By QUINNSCOMMENTARY in forum Current Political Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 07:21 AM
  2. Scotland's Position in the U.K.
    By Galbally in forum Current Political Events
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 02:03 PM
  3. new volunteer position
    By minks in forum Members' News
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 09:55 AM
  4. sleep position
    By tweetypie01 in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 06:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts