Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Position Proposal

I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    01:52 PM

New Position Proposal

Well, the principal called me into her office today-and offered me a position at my school teaching science with a definite increase in a position of authority. I had a hint of it during the day, but did not know what to think about it until I heard it. I have a day to think of it.

She was very nice, and it makes me wonder how things turned out this way. I was a statistical figure to cut from the staff, until a vacancy appeared. I've done several interviews, but have had no replies yet. I wonder if we were placed on hold on purpose until population figures/staffing bottomed out.

I think it would be nice to stay at my school, I really did not want to go. The extra duties would be time consuming, but I would have had there anywhere I would have went.

What would you have thought if you knew you had to go-then were told you had a chance to stay?

I always appreciate input as I ponder this tonight.

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    10:22 PM

Re: New Position Proposal

Go for it immediately. You can always do something about it later, but grasp the moment. If you don't, you will either be "out", or going nowhere ever again.

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    06:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by chonsigirl View Post
    Well, the principal called me into her office today-and offered me a position at my school teaching science with a definite increase in a position of authority. I had a hint of it during the day, but did not know what to think about it until I heard it. I have a day to think of it.

She was very nice, and it makes me wonder how things turned out this way. I was a statistical figure to cut from the staff, until a vacancy appeared. I've done several interviews, but have had no replies yet. I wonder if we were placed on hold on purpose until population figures/staffing bottomed out.

I think it would be nice to stay at my school, I really did not want to go. The extra duties would be time consuming, but I would have had there anywhere I would have went.

What would you have thought if you knew you had to go-then were told you had a chance to stay?

How does the level of responsibility / authority stack up against the school farther away with the good discipline?

I know it's measuring the known against the new but, if you're stepping up a grade, doing so with well behaved pupils would be a distinct advantage.

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    11:52 AM

I think yes take it Chonsi, you know the school, staff, kids, area etc. It is a sure thing. Yes yes yes. That is my vote. And Congrats if you take it
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time

I thought of you minks when I wrote this. You stayed where you were, with all the changes. Did it turn out all right for now?

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    11:52 AM

I thought of you minks when I wrote this. You stayed where you were, with all the changes. Did it turn out all right for now?
    So far so good yes, I am still employed while others were laid off and I am glad I stayed because I could have been a member of the last hired first fired at a different place. Given my extra duties has kept my days filled too and I think I proved to the company that they made the right choice when they let my co-worker go who was not as wide spread with his skills as myself.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time

I'm glad it turned out for you, minks. I think this will be a good thing to do, because I will get to stay with my students and do some other things that are good to learn.

Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time
    04:52 AM

I'm glad it turned out for you, minks. I think this will be a good thing to do, because I will get to stay with my students and do some other things that are good to learn.

I would stay & congratulations I am happy for you
    It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    07:52 PM

Better the devil you know

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.

hmmmmmmmmmm that's a tough one.

-consider what you had been through.

the pain, the hurt, the anger.............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast