Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: House smells

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    09:31 AM

Re: House smells

Quote Originally Posted by kazalala View Post
    Its funny.. my daughter can be quite obsessive about smells ,, even when he was little ,, my heart used to sink if we walked in to anyones house that had a smell,, and it could be just a smell of cooking,,, or washing etc,, but my daughter always hold her nose and say oh it smells here!!! now she attributes smell to places and times,,, certain smells remind her of places and holidays,, other times she will say oh that smells like my nana,, or this smell reminds me of aunty julies house
    Yes certain smells like food remind me of my grandmother, especially roasted potatoes & ham.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    I have to admit, i'm slightly paranoid about my house smelling. It's very difficult to smell your own house. When my elder brother visits, i always ask him and he will be bruatlly honest with me.
    I have 3 dogs of which two are getting old and smelly despite regular baths and two cats. The cats are Persian and i can not let them outside to roam for fear of them getting stolen so a cat litter tray in the house is essential although i hate it.
    I find air fresners just mask smells but the plug in's i find very good.
    I put bi carb of soda in the cat litter tray to absorb smells and every day i open all the windows what ever the weather both ends of the bungalow to get a blow through effect. Even in winter, our front door is mostly wide open as the dogs do like to come and go to woof at people at the gate.
    My sister has two cats & I'm always telling her "clean out the litter box"...stinks like cat shyte in here. Windows are always open in the spring all the way into the fall, but I do keep the front door open all year round unless it snows.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    08:31 AM

I'd never put tiles in a living room, just not a cozy/ warm feeling.

hardwood or laminate.......definitely.

I have the carpet shampooed every two months, so there is never any cat smells, and I take a brush daily and remove the fur..so easy and comfy looking.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by minks View Post
    Depends on the time of year. My house smells somewhat stale in the winter due to keeping windows and doors closed tight, and owning 2 dogs.
    Come warmer weather I open as many windows as possible and it smells fresh. Unless one or the other of my pooch's has an untimely accident.
    every house smells of something Minks.

at my friends its stinks downstairs as they need a de-humidifier in the winter to get rid of that damp stink..but those are also very expensive and expensive to run.

Banned
    Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

I have a dog and two smokers here. I am constantly using Fabreeze to freshen the drapes and furniture and I shampoo the carpets myself at least once a month. It's gastly when I do the windows. All of the smoking makes the windows have a yellow film on them. That reminds me, they are due again now that the weather is better and I can get outside and do them properly.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    09:31 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I have a dog and two smokers here. I am constantly using Fabreeze to freshen the drapes and furniture and I shampoo the carpets myself at least once a month. It's gastly when I do the windows. All of the smoking makes the windows have a yellow film on them. That reminds me, they are due again now that the weather is better and I can get outside and do them properly.
    Gawd I hear you there Sunshine. Just did my front door...it was disgusting.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    07:31 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Peg View Post
    After finding a huge snake skin last week, my husband put mothballs every where. He thinks they will repel snakes and spiders. Although not the best smell in the world, it makes me think of my grandmother. Anything, such as a newspaper article, etc. that she wanted to save, she would wrap in a brown paper bag, tie it with string, add mothballs, wrap it in plastic, tie it with string, add mothballs, until there was around 3 or 4 layers. Her apartment always smelled of mothballs.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo really in your house??????????
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    05:31 AM

i can honestly say my house never smells

it cant it has no nostrils

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    oh great, you had to remind me!

the indoor windows I hate! to many panes!

outdoor, simple..........throw some soap on, hose them down!

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time
    05:31 AM

I burn scented candles a lot, among other things. I recently bought a Himalayan salt lamp that's supposed to take bad things out of the air and put good things into it. Very therapeutic.

Local Date
    09-18-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapata View Post
    I burn scented candles a lot, among other things. I recently bought a Himalayan salt lamp that's supposed to take bad things out of the air and put good things into it. Very therapeutic.
    Yankee candles are good but just for smell.

for the therapeutic, those are awesome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast