+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: House smells

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    04:23 PM

House smells

Does your house smell? If it does do you notice it or just presume it smells due to what happens within it.
    I'm a smoker so presume it smells of smoke to some degree but dont notice it as i'm quite psychotic about opening windows ect.
    I have 3 dogs so presume it smells to some degree of dog but i dont notice it, i constantly hoover, polish and spray neatradol ect.
    Now given that i clean as much as i do i would say my house probably smells lovely to other smokers and dog owners but if you have never smoked or had a pet, maybe my house stinks

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    09:23 AM

Re: House smells

Depends on the time of year. My house smells somewhat stale in the winter due to keeping windows and doors closed tight, and owning 2 dogs.
    Come warmer weather I open as many windows as possible and it smells fresh. Unless one or the other of my pooch's has an untimely accident.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    Does your house smell? If it does do you notice it : thinking:
    Yes, yes, where now. Cooking, compost, soap, kindling, musty, food, wood smoke, over-ripe stuff, fermenting, washing, antiquities, engine components, ozone, more toiletries, potatoes, chocolate, onions, loo smells, bleach, outside, flowers, honey, cabbage... all sorts of stuff. I like it.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    10:23 AM

An old gal pal used to brew coffee several times a day. She had one of those single cup coffee makers. She didn't drink the stuff, just loved the way it smelled and made the house smell. When I started seeing her, I got her a case of coffee and a bigger coffeemaker because I drank it lots. Good ole' days, those.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    05:23 PM

Everybodys house smells, it smells of them and thier way of life.
    I love the fact that I can almost tell where I am just by the smell.

Of course there are places that just smell of dirt and sweat and thats nasty, but normally I think its nice that we all have our own 'my home' smell.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    03:23 PM

Its funny.. my daughter can be quite obsessive about smells ,, even when he was little ,, my heart used to sink if we walked in to anyones house that had a smell,, and it could be just a smell of cooking,,, or washing etc,, but my daughter always hold her nose and say oh it smells here!!! now she attributes smell to places and times,,, certain smells remind her of places and holidays,, other times she will say oh that smells like my nana,, or this smell reminds me of aunty julies house

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Banned
    Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

I have to admit, i'm slightly paranoid about my house smelling. It's very difficult to smell your own house. When my elder brother visits, i always ask him and he will be bruatlly honest with me.
    I have 3 dogs of which two are getting old and smelly despite regular baths and two cats. The cats are Persian and i can not let them outside to roam for fear of them getting stolen so a cat litter tray in the house is essential although i hate it.
    I find air fresners just mask smells but the plug in's i find very good.
    I put bi carb of soda in the cat litter tray to absorb smells and every day i open all the windows what ever the weather both ends of the bungalow to get a blow through effect. Even in winter, our front door is mostly wide open as the dogs do like to come and go to woof at people at the gate.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    11:23 AM

After finding a huge snake skin last week, my husband put mothballs every where. He thinks they will repel snakes and spiders. Although not the best smell in the world, it makes me think of my grandmother. Anything, such as a newspaper article, etc. that she wanted to save, she would wrap in a brown paper bag, tie it with string, add mothballs, wrap it in plastic, tie it with string, add mothballs, until there was around 3 or 4 layers. Her apartment always smelled of mothballs.

Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time
    10:23 AM

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    Does your house smell? If it does do you notice it or just presume it smells due to what happens within it.
    I'm a smoker so presume it smells of smoke to some degree but dont notice it as i'm quite psychotic about opening windows ect.
    I have 3 dogs so presume it smells to some degree of dog but i dont notice it, i constantly hoover, polish and spray neatradol ect.
    Now given that i clean as much as i do i would say my house probably smells lovely to other smokers and dog owners but if you have never smoked or had a pet, maybe my house stinks
    I use a pet deodorizer/cleaner on the carpet, and make sure the 2 litters are always cleaned and debris is take outside to the green bin.

I must have my windows open, just love the fresh air and sound sounds of the birds...........and it helps get rid of the smoke smell from smoking.

Banned
    Local Date
    10-14-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Carpets are the worst for harbouring cat and dog smell. Two years ago, i had all mine ripped up and replaced with slate quarry tiles. The best thing i ever did. All i have to do now is sweep and mop with disenfectant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast