Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: Please check only one

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support abortion of deformed fetuses; I also support mercy killing and assisted suicide.

12 75.00%
  • I support abortion of deformed fetuses; I don't support mercy killing or assisted suicide.

1 6.25%
  • I do not support abortion of deformed fetuses; I support mercy killing and assisted suicide.

1 6.25%
  • I do not support abortion of deformed fetuses; I do not support mercy killing or assisted suicide.

2 12.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A deadly Poll

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    06:26 PM

A deadly Poll

My original questions were too long:

I believe a fetus should be aborted if it will be born with severe handicaps and may not survive or have a low-quality life; I also believe in mercy killing and assisted suicide.

I believe a fetus should be aborted if it will be born with severe handicaps and may not survive or have a low-quality life; I do not believe in mercy killing or assisted suicide.

I do not believe a fetus should be aborted simply because it might be born with severe handicaps and may not survive or have a low-quality life; I believe in mercy killing and assisted suicide.

I do not believe a fetus should be aborted simply because it might be born with severe handicaps and may not survive or have a low-quality life; I do not believe in mercy killing or assisted suicide.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Re: A deadly Poll

Too many people are too willing to take over God's job. And they want to go at it bass akwards. Let's kill unwanted babies so they don't grow up to be criminals. Let's kill deformed babies so they will not be a burden on society. Let's kill the ill to end their suffering. Hey, ain't this fun, being God-like? What? kill those dirtbag serial killers on death row? How DARE you suggest that.

Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    12:26 AM

I dont mind saying i chose the first one.

Local Date
    12-14-2019
    Local Time
    12:26 AM

Don’t know. Very complex proposals, all of them.

Do I support euthanasia? No, it would worry me where else it would lead to, but… do I support someone being able to die with dignity and decide when they have endured enough suffering? Yes, who am I to let my beliefs keep someone else alive when they are truly suffering.

Do I believe that a child should be aborted just because of imperfections? No.

But am I to inflict on someone a life of suffering and constant medical care and the pain and suffering that comes with the heart ace of the parents that need to dedicate their lives and finances to caring? Or am I to condemn a child to a lifetime of living with pain inside a medical institution for the simple sake of keeping him/her alive?

Who am I to judge that?

these issues are sometimes to easly summed up into nice neat little pro and anti arguements, but each case is an individual life, with individual circumsatances.

I will never really know until it is my turn.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

While I support abortion if it will be born with severe handicaps and may not survive or would have a low-quality life, I don't think it automatically should be aborted. That's a tough and private call for anyone to make and not my place to impose on them.

I fully support mercy killing and assisted suicide.

I fully support killing serial killers, pedofiles, rapist, drunk drivers and a whole host of folks that don't mind harming others repeatedly.

I don't support spraying my garden vegtables or letting my dog get after the rabbits that keep eating my beans and lettuce.. that just seems wrong somehow...
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    04:26 PM

I believe in personal choice and until I am faced with such a decision I can't say what I would choose today.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    11:26 PM

Shouldn't you also have a question as to whose decision it should be?

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

As you might imagine I chose the first option but with reservations.

The way it is phrased it is automatic - no degree of choice by the people involved. This I disagree with as an abortion should never be performed against the wishes of the mother.

You treat mercy killing and assisted suicide as equivalent when they are chalk and cheese (assuming we are using the same definition - assisted suicide is euthanasia at the request of the patient whilst mercy killing is euthanasia regardless of the wishes of the patient). Again, euthanasia should never be carried out against the wishes of the patient.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post

The way it is phrased it is automatic - no degree of choice by the people involved. This I disagree with as an abortion should never be performed against the wishes of the mother.

You treat mercy killing and assisted suicide as equivalent when they are chalk and cheese (assuming we are using the same definition - assisted suicide is euthanasia at the request of the patient whilst mercy killing is euthanasia regardless of the wishes of the patient). Again, euthanasia should never be carried out against the wishes of the patient.

What if the wishes of the patient are unknown? Would you leave it to family?
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post

Good point actually. I think if someone wants to have an assisted suicide and they make that choice when fully aware of what they are doing it should be up to them to decide.

posted by flopstock
    What if the wishes of the patient are unknown? Would you leave it to family?
    It is left to them as next of kin anyway and they can override someone's wishes. If your wife or child was in a coma, brain dead and on life support you would be the one making the decision whether you wanted to or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast