Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "FG Film Reviews"

Local Date
    11-23-2019
    Local Time
    12:45 AM

"FG Film Reviews"

As requested by Kathy Ellen
    Post a short review in this thread and give it some of Nomies kernels This way we have a quick list of movies and short reviews.

LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    05:45 PM

Re: "FG Film Reviews"

Popcorn kernel film review rating guidelines:

1 kernel = not worth watching
    5 kernels = a top rated film, exceptional value in aspects of acting, storyline, soundtrack, cinematography etc.
    A 5 kernel rating has classic film potential.

Here are the kernels. Lets use them with discretion please.

Nomad
    FG Film Critic

Copy Rights held by Nomad 2009
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    07:45 PM

Thank you again Chezzie...You're a doll

"Harry Potter Movies"

I won't give a synopsis of the stories as I think most people know the general plot of the Potter stories....

Last night I finally watched Harry Potter's "Chambers of Secrets" and "Prisoner Of Azkaban" and have ordered all the rest of the series from Netflix. Brilliant, brilliant movies

These are truly amazing and wonderful stories. I loved the scenery from England, New Zealand and Scotland. The actors were superb and endearing, and the animations were spectacular.

I'm giving both movies 5 of Nomies kernels...

Here's a link for those who don't know the story...

Harry Potter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Local Date
    11-23-2019
    Local Time

I recently saw 'Knowing' and 'Star Trek' the prequel at the cinema.

Knowing - I love Nicholas Cage. I loved the beginning of this film where a piece of paper, buried in a time capsule for 50 years, is discovered with the date of every recent major catastrophe on it. There were also some secret numbers. I have to say it was pretty easy to guess what the secret numbers meant and you could see the ending coming a mile away. The first half was brilliant, imo, and worth 5 popcorn kernels. The ending, I felt, was a big disapointment especially as they gave you important information and then forgot about it and acted as though the info didn't exist. That part was only worth an empty greasy popcorn box. So I'll take the mean average and give it 3

Star Trek.

I was dragged to this unwillingly and wasn't expecting much, but have to say I absolutely LOVED it. I know it got a lot of poor reviews but I really liked seeing the crew's early lives, the story of how they met and got on (or didn't!).
    SPOILER (highlight to read)
    I loved the way the 2 guys got incinerated and it was fascinating to see Spock with a love interest! Woohoo!

I was also intrigued by how closely all (bar one) of the cast resembled the original crew. It was very well thought out, I felt.
    I really hope that, in the Star Wars tradition, they make more of these prequels.

Angels and Demons.

I have recently finished reading the book and loved it waaaaay more than The Da Vinci Code. I can't wait to go and see this at the cinema. Has anyone seen this yet?

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Thanks for your reviews Rap. I'm going to watch the 1st part of "John Adams" tomorrow and then finish the Potter movies before starting the last 2 "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. I've read allllll of the Tolkien books and adore him.

Then I'll add all the Star Trek movies that I haven't watched and squeeze "Angels and Demons" amongst them

This is my summer of movies that I've been trying to watch for the last 2 years.

Local Date
    11-23-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Ellen View Post
    Thanks for your reviews Rap. I'm going to watch the 1st part of "John Adams" tomorrow and then finish the Potter movies before starting the last 2 "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. I've read allllll of the Tolkien books and adore him.

Then I'll add all the Star Trek movies that I haven't watched and squeeze "Angels and Demons" amongst them

This is my summer of movies that I've been trying to watch for the last 2 years.
    You're welcome Kathy Ellen

I LOVE the Harry Potter books and films and I love the Tolkien books too (apart from Silmarillion which I struggle with). I haven't seen the Lord of the Rings films but hubby and son have and they adore them. I'd really like to see Angels and Demons on the big screen as I think it would be so much better than seeing it for the first time on a small screen.

We've been to the cinema a few times now since it opened in out little town this summer. The problem is its SO expensive. The first time we went we paid for 4 seats, 4 drinks, 2 hotdogs, 1 box of popcorn and 1 bar of chocolate and it came to £55.00!!!
    That's roughly $80.00 USD!!! Ridiculous!

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    You're welcome Kathy Ellen

I LOVE the Harry Potter books and films and I love the Tolkien books too (apart from Silmarillion which I struggle with). I haven't seen the Lord of the Rings films but hubby and son have and they adore them. I'd really like to see Angels and Demons on the big screen as I think it would be so much better than seeing it for the first time on a small screen.

We've been to the cinema a few times now since it opened in out little town this summer. The problem is its SO expensive. The first time we went we paid for 4 seats, 4 drinks, 2 hotdogs, 1 box of popcorn and 1 bar of chocolate and it came to £55.00!!!
    That's roughly $80.00 USD!!! Ridiculous!
    I totally agree Rap,

WOW....that's an awful lot of money to spend for a movie and a bit of food.

That's one of reasons why I don't go to a movie theater anymore. More importantly though I hate when the theater is crowded and people talk during the film.

Geeze, a few years ago I would go with a friend to a matinee in the early afternoon, and the theater would be empty. A few people would come in and sit right in front of us in an empty theater

I think movies here cost about $11/e7.

Local Date
    11-23-2019
    Local Time

I know and I agree. Years ago it was fun and cheap to go to the pictures. We've watched our new cinema being planned and built over the last 10 years! (It was a long time in the planning stage!) So we really wanted to go and see what it was like. We went to see Knowing because I really wanted to see it but it most definitely wasn't worth the price.

For Star Trek we took in our own drinks and munchies but it still cost over £30 (c. $50.00 USD!) It's a shame because it's a nice family treat but we certainly won't be going too often!

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    04:45 PM

Talking Re: "FG Film Reviews"

bump ...!!
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    03:45 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Popcorn kernel film review rating guidelines:

1 kernel = not worth watching
    5 kernels = a top rated film, exceptional value in aspects of acting, storyline, soundtrack, cinematography etc.
    A 5 kernel rating has classic film potential.

Here are the kernels. Lets use them with discretion please.

Nomad
    FG Film Critic

Copy Rights held by Nomad 2009
    The rating system is okay... I have no issues with the rating system, but... how are you gonna' copyright the kernels? Those aren't even your kernels! You just found those kernels lying about on Google, didn't you? You don't know where those kernels have been, even! Nope. I'll use my own #@*! kernels, thank you very much!

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast