+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think I'm obsessed?

Local Date
    05-26-2019
    Local Time
    01:01 AM

Do you think I'm obsessed?

I love to keep my house really tidy, i never leave my lounge/dining room/kitchen/study at night without picking up any cups, papers etc..

I have a cream leather sofa in my lounge that i clean every day and like everything in its place. I have been like this all my life. Am i obsessed with tidiness or is it just being house proud?

Banned
    Local Date
    05-26-2019
    Local Time
    09:01 AM

Re: Do you think I,m obsessed?

As I have already told folks on our forum, my house has been a tip for over 2 years. All have listened to me abnging on endlessly about the stress of all the building work that was going on.
    Now, after 2 years, it is finally finished.
    Brand new Kitchen.
    Brand new bathroom.
    Brand new flooring.
    Brand new Fire-place.
    Whole lounge gutted and all furnature replaced with 2 chocolate brown expensive leather sofa's that Yes, we clean every day.
    Over £2,000 spent on lounge furanture alone.
    Nearly £2,000 on the back patio.

No, we didn't rob the local branch, it was well invested policies that matured. (After giving Gordon Brown 40% in Tax).

Yes, we can all brag about what lovely new furnature we have, but most folks here are not so shallow as to care.

As an ex-saleswoman, I have been in many many homes in my life and I have always found that the the nicest folk come from homes with clutter.

You can have an immaculate house but be a very sad, lonely individual inside it.

Oh hang on........ I forgot the Brand new Giant Plasma screen and Brand new laptop to use while I'm watching it. Add another £2,000 on to that new lounge total.... seeing as your bragging.lol

Oh.... And the new car that Mr O won't let me smoke in.

If I'm feeling really shallow, I will probably think of some-thing else and add it........ Roll eyes.

Local Date
    05-26-2019
    Local Time
    05:01 AM

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post

As I have already told folks on our forum, my house has been a tip for over 2 years. All have listened to me abnging on endlessly about the stress of all the building work that was going on.
    Brand new Kitchen.
    Brand new bathroom.
    Brand new flooring.
    Brand new Fire-place.
    Whole lounge gutted and all furnature replaced with 2 chocolate brown expensive leather sofa's that Yes, we clean every day.

No, we didn't rob the local branch, it was well invested policies that matured. (After giving Gordon Brown 40% in Tax).

Yes, we can all brag about what lovely new furnature we have, but most folks here are not so shallow as to care.

As an ex-saleswoman, I have been in many many homes in my life and I have always found that the the nicest folk come from homes with clutter.

You can have an immaculate house but be a very sad, lonely individual inside it.
    Well then, we want to see pictures

I try to keep my home tidy also. My Mom always taught me that there's a place for everything, and everything in it's place. I'm very anal and can't work around a mess.

Local Date
    05-26-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post

Brand new Kitchen.
    Brand new bathroom.
    Brand new flooring.
    Brand new Fire-place.

Oh hang on........ I forgot the Brand new Giant Plasma screen and Brand new laptop to use while I'm watching it. Add another £2,000 on to that new lounge total.... seeing as your bragging.lol

I was,nt bragging, why is this bragging?

Banned
    Local Date
    05-26-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Ellen View Post

I try to keep my home tidy also. My Mom always taught me that there's a place for everything, and everything in it's place. I'm very anal and can't work around a mess.
    I'm very happy to post pics or you could pop round for a cup of tea one day and see for yourself.

Local Date
    05-26-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Ellen View Post

Absolutely, and i like to know where everything is.
    I have such a hectic life, my house needs to be organized.

I am also ex military and i think that might have rubbed off on me, even my wardrobes are organised in colours.

I think though, that i might have gone a little bit mad when i hunted every where for matching dog and cat rugs so they looked okay in the kitchen.

Banned
    Local Date
    05-26-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by lou lou belle View Post

I am also ex military and i think that might have rubbed off on me, even my wardrobes are organised in colours.

I think though, that i might have gone a little bit mad when i hunted every where for matching dog and cat rugs so they looked okay in the kitchen.
    I actually put a thread on here very recently about Mr O being ex-armed forces and having his clothes colour co-ordinated. Now the house is finished (Well almost, garden and hall to do), he even colour co-ordinates the towels in the airing cupboard. As I'm a slob, I just take pleasure in ruining it as often as I can. I also like going into Benneton shops just to unfold things.

Local Date
    05-26-2019
    Local Time
    10:01 AM

Quote Originally Posted by lou lou belle View Post

LLB, I think you'd die if you called in to my house, at the moment!!!! It looks something like a warehouse inside - we're very busy being ruthless and removing stuff that we haven't used for a couple of years. It's a case of having collected two lots of parents special bits and pieces over the years, since they died, and having to hang on to all the paperwork from our business for at least 7 years after we stopped trading (just for the Inland Revenue's benefit !). Now that in itself, I dare say, would all be manageable. Trouble is we do not have an attic, and we do not have a basement !
    Well, it all had to go somewhere didn't it ?

p.s. We've just found that our hallway and landing are wider than we thought !!!
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    05-26-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    LLB, I think you'd die if you called in to my house, at the moment!!!! It looks something like a warehouse inside - we're very busy being ruthless and removing stuff that we haven't used for a couple of years. It's a case of having collected two lots of parents special bits and pieces over the years, since they died, and having to hang on to all the paperwork from our business for at least 7 years after we stopped trading (just for the Inland Revenue's benefit !). Now that in itself, I dare say, would all be manageable. Trouble is we do not have an attic, and we do not have a basement !

p.s. We've just found that our hallway and landing are wider than we thought !!!
    Perhaps i should learn "Let it go", i have even been known to move the cat when he was ruffling up my throwover on the sofa. Is there any help for me out there?

Banned
    Local Date
    05-26-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post

But what a lovely lady you are in all that clutter. I know the feeling Gill. we had to get ruthless also. It was very difficult a few years back when we moved from a 3 bedroomed house into a much smaller place. Our parents had died also and we inherited all sorts, including boxes of pics of Mr O's Uncle liberating Austwich . It's so hard to decide what to keep and what not. I know you have had work done on the house as well and the stress that goes with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast