Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Blood Pressure.

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time
    10:53 AM

Re: Blood Pressure.

Blood pressure chart for adults

Billy E has had some success with Beet Juice and his blood pressure - even dropping the SBP by 15 mm Hg. There is a user survey unfortunately only a few people have replied but generally the results from beetjuice is helpful.

HTN and Beet Juice

Nitrate in Beetroot Juice Lowers Blood Pressure, Study Finds

It's very easy to mix. I have a small bottle I half fill with water add a tsp of powder, shake and drink. Not surprisingly it takes very beetrooty but it's OK. So far I haven't had a problem with pink urine but I'm adding more beetroot to my diet so will see if that changes.
    Use Code WAB666 for an introductory $5 discount at IHERB. I use IHERB because it's cheapest shipping to UK. Keep order value below £18 to avoid customs duty and PO handling.
    Eclectic Institute, Beet Juice Pow-der, 3.17 oz (90 g) Iherb only charge $4 to ship to UK

Mountain Rose Herbs | Bulk organic herbs, spices & essential oils This is probably cheaper for US readers but shipping to UK =$20

Oral vitamin D supplementation may lead to a reduction in systolic blood pressure Most people require in the region of 1000iu/daily/D3 for each 25lbs they weigh. Country Life, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 200 Softgels $10.20 one daily should nearly be sufficient you may need to alternate 1 daily with 2 daily to average 10 each week.

Magnesium bicarbonate reduces blood pressure

Recipe for Magnesium/Bicarbonate Water
    Krsipin has good information on other magnesium supplements

Omega-3 fatty acids and blood pressure.There is substantial evidence that omega-3 fatty acids reduce blood pressure, with a greater effect in hypertensive patients and those with high-normal blood pressure. The dose of omega-3 fatty acids required to achieve a blood pressure reduction is likely to be at least 3-4 g/day. However, the magnitude of the blood pressure change can be increased by salt restriction or when omega-3 fatty acids are incorporated into a weight reducing program. It is also highly plausible that increased omega-3 fatty acid consumption as part of a dietary change including increased consumption of fruits and vegetables, and moderation of salt intake, will confer significant cardiovascular benefit.

As 3~4g of omega 3 (that's the sum of the EPA and DHA numbers) that is a lot of fish oil capsules. You may find it easier to use a concentrated fish oil liquid. like this providing 1.3g each tsp. One tsp before each meal and that's near enough 4g.

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time

Blood pressure is depends upon your daily workload.Regular exercise it helps maintain your blood pressure.

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time

Hi..
    I think daily exercise is better formula it help maintain your blood pressure ...[B]

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by davidross349 View Post
    Hi..
    I think daily exercise is better formula it help maintain your blood pressure ...[B]
    That's true for those who can exercise but it's not much use for people who because of some underlying medical condition can't exercise. It's also the case that lethargy (reluctance to exercise) is the result of becoming obese and with the number of obese people nowadays we have to understand WHY people feel the need to eat more calories than they require and are reluctant to exercise.
    It's just far too easy to say "Exercise More" but what happens. People join a gym, buy all the gear, and within weeks become bored out of their minds, fed up with failing to lose weight or see any benefits, and generally fail.
    Exercise is fine for those for whom it is fun and rewarding but for most people it's a useless painful waste of time and energy.
    Why not use your brains instead of your brawn and apply the latest science?
    Melatonin for Blood Pressure
    So improving your melatonin secretion so you sleep better and longer reduces your blood pressure.
    Smart folks will spend more time in bed to reduce blood pressure. The less intelligent will keep exercising.

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time
    01:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tedhutchinson View Post
    That's true for those who can exercise but it's not much use for people who because of some underlying medical condition can't exercise. It's also the case that lethargy (reluctance to exercise) is the result of becoming obese and with the number of obese people nowadays we have to understand WHY people feel the need to eat more calories than they require and are reluctant to exercise.
    It's just far too easy to say "Exercise More" but what happens. People join a gym, buy all the gear, and within weeks become bored out of their minds, fed up with failing to lose weight or see any benefits, and generally fail.
    Exercise is fine for those for whom it is fun and rewarding but for most people it's a useless painful waste of time and energy.
    Why not use your brains instead of your brawn and apply the latest science?
    Melatonin for Blood Pressure
    So improving your melatonin secretion so you sleep better and longer reduces your blood pressure.
    Smart folks will spend more time in bed to reduce blood pressure. The less intelligent will keep exercising.
    I couldn't agree more, I have been thinking of melatonin for me since I suggested it for an elderly friend and it works wonders for him to get rest at night. Never linked it to blood pressure! I am on bp meds and want to desperately get off of them. I got my cholesterol down for the first time in my adult life and now tackling the bp!--exercise is a struggle for me only because of lifestyle changes right now which seem to be temporary....so sleeping my weight away sounds good to me! Thanks again!

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    04:53 AM

sleep would be good .....hey has anyone taken their blood pressure before.... and during having a smoke? It's astounding it goes up around 5 points.

(shrugs) well I find it interesting ....don't put medical devices in front of me I'll use em'

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    High blood pressure is a severe disease. It causes great damage to your body. Due to high blood pressure your brain, arteries, heart, kidney problems are generated. To control this problem, one should maintain a healthy diet and a fixed weight. One should do exercise daily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5