Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: What did you learn today?

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    12:08 PM

Re: What did you learn today?

Quote Originally Posted by Maristar87 View Post
    I learned that I'm really ahead of both myself and most people. I put in about fifteen applications a week or so ago and I'm just starting to get people calling me up for interviews. I honestly thought that nobody wanted me. The same thing has happened with college, I was way ahead of my professors and advisors.

I've also learned that when stressed, I see spots, retain water and have blood-pressure problems. Yikes..

On a more positive note, I think I've learned what I want out of life and a job. I want something that doesn't have a lot of math involved with it, that'll be a somewhat easy to obtain degree-wise, socially respectful, has a lot of job opportunities, and can support a family. So, I've picked communications. I'd much rather be a doctor or work with animals but time and health is a factor. I'm also working with a group of individuals whom share my rare genetic disorder, so I'm making progress and a bit of a difference, somehow. Unfortunately, a side-effect of said disorder is brain damage, and I'm blessed to be one of the very few that is able to effectively communicate or take care of themselves (employment, health-care, school...etc) but it is really disheartening and frustrating.

I've also realized that I'm turning into my father, and I'm somewhat comfortable with that.
    It's very stressful indeed looking for work, being ill is difficult and yet somehow we manage, your doing fabulous, be proud of yourself instead of putting yourself down.

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    09:08 AM

Kids don't alway believe what their parents tell them. My dog is a certified service dog. He has the ID and vest. I have progressive peripheral neuropathy, so I cannot always feel the bottom of my feet and tend to fall down a lot. Orson helps me get back on my feet and hands me my cane, among other things. Orson is a large German Shepherd dog.

Today, while stocking up at a grocery store, a parent told his kid that German Shepherds are trained to kill people that aren't the right color and are vicious. He told his kid that he should always be afraid of them. Instead, the child came over and hugged Orson and got a big lick on the face in response.

Which lesson is the child more likely to remember?

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    10:08 AM

I learned the difference between gravy and a demi-glaze is all in how you thicken it.

LIFE IS SHORT...LIVE HARD Nomad's Avatar
    Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    11:08 AM

Wear my glasses next time I find myself in the position of having to manipulate 2400 lbs. of cow **** in the dark with a forklift.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    12:08 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Wear my glasses next time I find myself in the position of having to manipulate 2400 lbs. of cow **** in the dark with a forklift.
    think of the milk

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

Today was an interesting day for me. I asserted myself by attempting to be normal and I practiced socializing with another human being. I let the person know that I was in training and she was kind enough to entertain me. It went well I think. We discussed zoo animals and briefly touched on other topics. I asked questions, listened to the answers and followed up by inserting related thoughts. Not once did I go off on a tangent nor introduce thoughts that could cause the other to feel uncomfortable.
    Stating that I was practicing socializing could be construed as odd but I like to just lay my cards on the table. Since it went so well today, tomorrow I may make the leap into more personal topics like her vagina or if she were going to kill someone what would her preferential method of committing murder be. Im accelerating the process by skipping all of the typical middle ground.
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

If tomorrow goes well, you probably should run.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

I learned that after spending ten years at, or near sea level, it's a bad idea to try and hike to the top of Pike's Peak.

Need some time to acclimate.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

For office, my life???
    I AM AWESOME MAN

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    For office, my life???
    Your life.
    - Anon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast